Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
New album in 2015?!!! or RIP Van Halen?!!! or Countdown to New Material?!! - Page 2
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    No cheer******s allowed!
    I'm thinking there has to be an extra "project."

Bummed to hear the news desk says no new album, though.
    They are pretty in the know, so....

Bums me out, man.

BUT.....

Something from the vaults would be very cool!

Band Manager
    Yeah hard to figure out exactly with these guys.

Last Saturday the Van Halen Nation FB page alluded something was happening as though they were in the know. I wondered maybe that guy is Melodicrocks " source".

Through process of elimination if it's not a new album it must be some sort of retrospective.

Generally when bands put out live albums or dvds it's not usually referred to as a " GREAT special project ".

Like Mike
    So the project isn't a new album?

That makes me stoked.

I have no interest in an album that I won't listen to again a few months after it's released.

Band Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by CalFB View Post
    VHND are saying definitely no new album, but a project still in the works.

I wonder if it would be a "bit" part in the new "Joe Dirt" sequel which just got approval.

Adam Sandler is producing it and it will be released next year sometime.

Eddie and Adam are good buddies and he has a history of VH mentions and VH music being
    played in his movies.

Remember what Joe Dirt said....."Van Halen....not Van Hagar"

Just a thought...what do you think?

Joe Dirt link http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainm...icture-2014511

Dawg

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    So the project isn't a new album?

That makes me stoked.

I have no interest in an album that I won't listen to again a few months after it's released.
    Just baffles me how disposable music is to the younger generation. No wonder even young bands only put out albums every 3 yrs or so nowadays...
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    Just baffles me how disposable music is to the younger generation. No wonder even young bands only put out albums every 3 yrs or so nowadays...
    Disposable? Nah...

The six pack is in rotation pretty much annually.

I don't know what it is, but nowadays when older bands release a new album they seem awesome when they come out but then nothing draws me to listen to them again after a few months.

Band Manager
    You mean they're releasing some vault goodies? I'll believe when I see it.

Of course I'd rather have an old "Dave" show than some new stuff, but I don't see why they can't do both. I hope more new music is released. They don't have much more time.

If this is indeed a vault raid, and if you're not gonna record new stuff, this can't be a one and done. I don't wanna get some cool stuff ( or not cool stuff ) and then five years, or never, before anything else is released.

I'm hoping this isn't some kind of greatest hits thing with half a dozen unreleased tracks. Especially, since they know what everyone wants.

If this is a special release, times running out. They only have three weeks before black Friday. Something like this has to be ready for Xmas shoppers.

I'll tell ya right now. If they release an old Dave show, or a mash of old, live material in DVD and CD format.....tears, literal tears of joy will be flowing.

Band Manager
    What exactly happened to all those stories about VH working on a new record, that we heard all year? Was this a masterful disinformation process to conceal the release of the Oakland show?
    Something doesn't add up.

Only a little tardy
    Something is coming from the camp. I do think a new album is still in the works, but maybe something is coming before it. We have no definite proof besides bullshit rumors and Hagar talking out of his ass. That's all there is right now.
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

Quote Originally Posted by PrideofPasadena View Post
    What exactly happened to all those stories about VH working on a new record, that we heard all year? Was this a masterful disinformation process to conceal the release of the Oakland show?
    Something doesn't add up.
    Hi Guys. Like I said in the VHND in the article, and like I've been saying on VH Links for about a year now, ALL of the rumors about VH working on a "new album" are unsubstantiated. They were never recording a new album, or ANY new music.

I guarantee you that this info is correct. I know that this is really bad news, and therefore not everyone will believe me, but I'm just telling you that it's the truth.