Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

1 Hour 31 Mins of Van Halen behind the scenes circa 1984 - Clips cut from Jump video
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

1 Hour 31 Mins of Van Halen behind the scenes circa 1984 - Clips cut from Jump video

There are some scenes in this behind the scenes footage, that I have never seen before, such as Dave in a record store and Van Halen in and out of their private Jet.

As I understand it, a lot of this film was intended to be used for the Jump video, but the director went behind Dave's back and persuaded the band to just use the studio footage.

The band accepted the directors advice. Dave was so pissed off and Noel Monk fired the director.

Some of the clips were then used in the Panama video.

Band Manager
    Holy Shit this is GOLD !!!!!!

Gold Jerry, GOLD.GOLD.GOLD. Pure GOLD.

If all of this has been out there already I totally missed out on it. I thought it was going to be the same as the other two video outtake compilations but definetly some stuff I've never seen and so far only skipped through a little bit . There must be about 40 minutes of stuff not on the other ones. Ill watch the whole thing later tonight. The airplane footage is cool.

Thanks for posting !!

Giving Dave A Break
    That's a bunch of great shit.
    "I’ve got a white Kramer Pacer, and that just goes with every outfit. That’ll go with my purple spandex, my zebra spandex, everything. And I’ve got a lot of spandex, so it’s good to have a versatile guitar that’ll go with your spandex.". - Satchel

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by DLR 1973 View Post
    There are some scenes in this behind the scenes footage, that I have never seen before, such as Dave in a record store and Van Halen in and out of their private Jet.

As I understand it, a lot of this film was intended to be used for the Jump video, but the director went behind Dave's back and persuaded the band to just use the studio footage.

The band accepted the directors advice. Dave was so pissed off and Noel Monk fired the director.

Some of the clips were then used in the Panama video.

Great stuff, THX!

It looks like they are driving around Roth's neighborhood in Pasadena in the beginning.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

#1 Edward Clone Guitarist
    Inside 5150 collecting beer cans. Jamming out at 5150
    Yes,great footage indeed.This stuff has been out there for awhile,Hiesenberg.Watch the whole thing,you will enjoy it bigtime.Theres some funny shit in this.Thanks for posting it up DLR.I have the dvd of this stuff.It has very cool moments for sure.Ive been busy trying to get that footage that I have told all u CVH fanatics about.Its not as easy as u might think it is.There is so much shit from the glory days on film that it will make your head spin.I don't stop in here that much at all,but when I do,I update all of you with what ever latest finds I have come across.Hands down,the backyard party on 8mm with no audio is the fucking greatest jewel of this band that I have seen.Keep your fingers crossed and hopefully some of this stuff will be out for ALL of us to see.In the meantime,keep truthful to the 7? - 84 mighty VH
    ARE YOU READY TO GET DOWN?! I GIVE YOU, THE MIGHTY VAN HALEN!
    "Its very simply the best guitar you can buy today"Anonymous circa 1983

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by KRAMERBOY View Post
    Yes,great footage indeed.This stuff has been out there for awhile,Hiesenberg.Watch the whole thing,you will enjoy it bigtime.Theres some funny shit in this.Thanks for posting it up DLR.I have the dvd of this stuff.It has very cool moments for sure.Ive been busy trying to get that footage that I have told all u CVH fanatics about.Its not as easy as u might think it is.There is so much shit from the glory days on film that it will make your head spin.I don't stop in here that much at all,but when I do,I update all of you with what ever latest finds I have come across.Hands down,the backyard party on 8mm with no audio is the fucking greatest jewel of this band that I have seen.Keep your fingers crossed and hopefully some of this stuff will be out for ALL of us to see.In the meantime,keep truthful to the 7? - 84 mighty VH
    Good to see you pop in KB !!

Yeah, I thought I had all this stuff already kinda feel stupid I need to pay better attention.

Same thing happened last year I found out about the Charleston '81 footage late on those VH History dvds. I had it all along but never watched it because I mistakingly thought it was the same as the Chicago '81 footage.

Anyhow, I ran across this lady's comment on FB a while ago I wonder if it's the same backyard party. It'll be cool as hell to see this kinda stuff.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...group_activity

Mary Stubler > You know you grew up in Pasadena in the 70′s if you remember…… VanHalen Flyer from Imler’s party 70′s! Photos from Mary Stubler’s post in You know you grew up in Pasadena in the 70′s if you remember…… · Jan 22, 2012 ·

Gina Zamparelli Wow, I have that flyer! Like · Jan 22, 2012

Bryan Di Pane Karen Imler’s house & they played @ Arti Agajanian’s house on Madre also…..I used to ride my 10 speed there !!!!!! haha There used to be a pic of me, Eddie & Val having Sushi on the wall in the Shogun rest. Like · 2 · Jan 24, 2012

Paul Digges Remember the Sheriffs coming over the wall from Huntington drive? And the broken water pipe? Like · 2 · Feb 22, 2012

Mary Stubler I have an 8 mm film that we took of that party! I need to have it converted. Like · 4 · Feb 28, 2012

Kim Bergquist Deltiempo Mary, you should post your film when you get it processed. Like · 3 · Aug 1, 2012

Debbie Imler McDermott I beat the crap out of the guy that broke the water pipe with my boyfriend standing behind me so I could. Edward was sure he was going to be electricuted. He was really scared. Like · 1 · Aug 1, 2012
    Last edited by Heisenberg; September 11th, 2014 at 11:58 PM.

Roadie
    KRAMERBOY STRIKES BACK. Been waiting for an update on all the golden gems you speak of. Bring it ;-)

#1 Edward Clone Guitarist
    Inside 5150 collecting beer cans. Jamming out at 5150
    If that's audioless,Hiesenberg,than it very well might be the 8mm film.Nice find there.Hope she releases it to us.Its a pleasure to help out all my fellow CVH fanatics with finding vintage unseen footage and news of any possible releases along the way.Ive stated it many times before in the past and I will do it again.Any of you,just search in your areas where you live for any upcoming record conventions.Those events are loaded with surprises and knowledge.I found soooo many rare VH posters,album test pressings,bootleg cds,books,magazines,clothing,video cassettes/dvds of all my favorite bands.Obviously,I focus on all things CVH era merchandise,but as for my other bands that I love,I found tons of goodies on them as well.Just search the net for record conventions,and you will be surprised what pops up.Another great way to find rarities of CVH is to check out the magazine(Goldmine)That fucking piece of work of a collectors dream will blow you away with the finds that you will come across,Not only record conventions and the Goldmine magazine can supply you with merchandise that you thought never existed,it also will reward you with meeting and coming across a whole barrage of new contacts and collectors that can fulfill some of your CVH treasure hunting items that you are looking for.I have met sooo many interesting people in this area of music collecting that I cant keep track of them.They have blown me away with CVH merchandise that I thought didn't exist.I have friends from both coasts and everything in between of the USA that I have been blessed to have met thru these conventions and the Goldmine mag.For years I have been doing this and still am to this day.The CVH footage that I have told you about months ago is gonna hit the public soon.Im telling you,just watch.In the meantime,do yourselves all a favor after reading this thread reply and check your area for conventions and check the Goldmine magazine.All this shit is right online and a click away.Good luck.Keep jamming with the Mighty Van Halen(197? - 1984) ALWAYS
    ARE YOU READY TO GET DOWN?! I GIVE YOU, THE MIGHTY VAN HALEN!
    "Its very simply the best guitar you can buy today"Anonymous circa 1983

Band Manager
    If that's audioless,Hiesenberg,than it very well might be the 8mm film.Nice find there.Hope she releases it to us.Its a pleasure to help out all my fellow CVH fanatics with finding vintage unseen footage and news of any possible releases along the way.Ive stated it many times before in the past and I will do it again.Any of you,just search in your areas where you live for any upcoming record conventions.Those events are loaded with surprises and knowledge.I found soooo many rare VH posters,album test pressings,bootleg cds,books,magazines,clothing,video cassettes/dvds of all my favorite bands.Obviously,I focus on all things CVH era merchandise,but as for my other bands that I love,I found tons of goodies on them as well.Just search the net for record conventions,and you will be surprised what pops up.Another great way to find rarities of CVH is to check out the magazine(Goldmine)That fucking piece of work of a collectors dream will blow you away with the finds that you will come across,Not only record conventions and the Goldmine magazine can supply you with merchandise that you thought never existed,it also will reward you with meeting and coming across a whole barrage of new contacts and collectors that can fulfill some of your CVH treasure hunting items that you are looking for.I have met sooo many interesting people in this area of music collecting that I cant keep track of them.They have blown me away with CVH merchandise that I thought didn't exist.I have friends from both coasts and everything in between of the USA that I have been blessed to have met thru these conventions and the Goldmine mag.For years I have been doing this and still am to this day.The CVH footage that I have told you about months ago is gonna hit the public soon.Im telling you,just watch.In the meantime,do yourselves all a favor after reading this thread reply and check your area for conventions and check the Goldmine magazine.All this shit is right online and a click away.Good luck.Keep jamming with the Mighty Van Halen(197? - 1984) ALWAYS

Thanks! I have always assumed that, for the most part, anything that isn't on the internet, must be "in the vault". Nice to know there are still great treasures to be discovered.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

Love ya moms......
    Seen parts of the video before and its pretty awesome. This would have fit the video much better.
    Kudos to Dave for nailing the backflip.
    And them getting out of the trunk of the limo reminded me of the game they would play with limo drivers in the early days. The game was called "its in there" or something like that. One member of the band would pretend to lose a personal item in the limo and the band would subsequently tear the limo apart piece by piece looking for it.
    I bet it woulda been hella fun to hang around them in the early days....