Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
VHLinks need saving - Again!! - Page 3
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 73
  1. #21
    Band Manager
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know?
    Posts
    3,078
    None of this is that serious.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.


  2. #22
    Band Manager
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,125
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    If it's so awful then why keep posting?

    If Van Halen fans annoy you so much then why devote so much of your time to commenting on Van Halen boards and running Van Halen Facebook pages?

    I think you need to sort out your priorities...

    The site is dry, that is true. I don't care because I have too much going on in my life right now, but if you think it's so awful then just leave dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    None of this is that serious.

    I don't run any Facebook pages I just surf through them for pics. My priority's are fully intact I don't need to sort out jack shit. Some of this stuff pisses me off is all I'm blowing off steam. You're right who gives a shit anymore guess I'm burnt out on the whole scene.

  3. #23
    No cheer******s allowed!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    28,415
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    None of this is that serious.
    EXACTLY!

    I like that we are sarcastic, kinda dark, kinda jaded.
    I'll never subscribe to this "Poundcake is just as essential as Unchained" nonesense.
    I won't go that route & be a fucking cheerleader for all eras.

    I'm kinda surprised by Heisenberg's comments & kinda not.
    I've seen that side of him before.
    I guess it's directed at me for creating the void or "black hole, " but fuck it.
    Plenty of lurkers on here, reading these daily soap operas!

  4. #24
    No cheer******s allowed!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    28,415
    The reason Scanlon is posting at the links is because he's trying to sell books, and that is
    the biggest VH related site he can go to, to promote it.

    The VHlinks are like Walmart:
    They are huge, but it doesn't mean they are great.

    I don't think you need to insult this place to defend the Links.
    We are like a small, independent compared to them.

    My issue with the Links is the content, and how far the balance (no pun intended) has
    swung to Hagar, Chickenfoot & other nonsense, which in turn, cheapens the impact and
    greatness of the original (and defining) product.

    That's what it has become (or maybe always was, i don't know).
    It's like everyone born after 5150, has taken over, & the old school fans like myself, have
    given up defending the brand or moved on.

    I've been here 10 years this year, and maybe it's finally my time to move on.
    I feel like i'm the last guy of that original wave of fans, this place once had.
    Everyone has left, even old Sum.

  5. #25
    No cheer******s allowed!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    28,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    You know who posted at the Links recently. John Scanlon. The author of the " Exuberant Zen " book and numerous Classic Rock magazine articles.

    I don't want to waste my time typing a long post explaining why the Links is a thousand times better than this site but I'll make a comment anyways.

    I'm not going to paint everybody here with the same brush the way some of you guys do to them because I know there were a few cool people here that don't post the shit like you guys in this particular thread do.

    You've killed your own site here over a year ago and must be absolutely delusional if you can't figure out why this place is a black hole.

    You have this Roth Army reject windowlicker " Mezro/DLR73/Ironica ", and whatever other usernames he uses as a moderator posting retarded useless bullshit tabloid threads in fruity colored text.

    He made two good threads. One with the pictures of VH with the young girls and the Keni Richards interview. Everything else is boring useless childlike horseshit.

    Maybe " Mr Smooth " is another alias I dont know but I do know it's not normal for to post in color. Nobody else on the entire internet does that.

    You guys seem to be begging for someone to come here and argue with you to fill some void in your life I guess. Talking shit about the Links donation last year must have been exciting for you I guess.


    Both you and that other fuckhead from here that now's at the Links are obsessed with sites you don't even post on anymore.

    But clearly you both read each other site then make your comments on the opposite sites like pathetic cowards because neither one of you have the guts to say whatever pea brain bullshit is on your mind directly towards each other. It's all beyond ridiculous. But this is your life I guess.

    At least 1234 went over there once and did his thing by speaking directly to the people you guys like to mock for whatever reason.

    Almost everything some of you guys post about is Hagar related comments. So fucking boring to read here, at the Links, VHND, Roth Army, and most of the Facebook pages.

    Once I see the Sam and Dave comments I just quickly scroll through it all. There's nothing new to be said anywhere on the net.

    Seems like that's the only VH topic you guys ever talk about. Must suck to be you.

    Sam/Dave/Sam/Dave blah, blah, blah. What kind of adult in their 40's even give a shit anymore.

    Another thing I'll point out. All other Van Halen sites start with the letter " V ".

    VHND
    VH Links
    VH Net
    Even the old ones that aren't online anymore.
    VH Vault
    VH Cafe

    Etc, Etc. So even if someone was looking to find a VH site through Google or whatever this site most likely wouldn't even show up. LMFAO.

    Like I said, I'm not going to criticize this site or the owner and other normal people but this site is so outdated its not even funny. Classic Van Halen as a site name means no appreciation for them nowadays.

    Even if the Links and all the other sites closed down no one would bother to post here at all. It's because the commentary and threads suck. Just the same old people with the same old bullshit. This site has been useless for quite a while now.
    I am PROUD the webmaster calls this CLASSICVANHALEN.

    That is the defining era.

    Because it doesn't begin with a "V" we fucking suck?

    What an idiotic statement, if there ever was one.

    I chose this place, over all the others back in 2004, DISTINCTLY because it WAS called
    Classic Van Halen.
    I was new to the internet, names popped up and THIS is the one i chose.
    The hope was to avoid the era that followed CVH, altogether.

    This is the mindset that plagues places like the links.
    They all claim to be big Roth era diehards, but then get whiney & bored, if you limit the scope
    to the era that actually fucking carries some weight & influence.

    Classicvanhalen:

    The name should be presented as a badge of honor, not a liability, dude.

  6. #26
    Roadie
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    440
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    My issue with the Links is the content, and how far the balance (no pun intended) has
    swung to Hagar, Chickenfoot & other nonsense, which in turn, cheapens the impact and
    greatness of the original (and defining) product.
    I think the term Classic Van Halen does stand for something special. Van Halen when they were young, hungry and decimating every town they rolled thru for 7 years -- and to me has little to do with the singer at this point.
    UG, I know you've tried and just can't do it. I know it can be a tough place.
    Last edited by thismusicsux; September 1st, 2014 at 11:35 AM.

  7. #27
    Only a little tardy
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,479
    Hope it goes well for them.
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

  8. #28
    No cheer******s allowed!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    28,415
    Quote Originally Posted by thismusicsux View Post
    I think the term Classic Van Halen does stand for something special. Van Halen when they were young, hungry and decimating every town they rolled thru for 7 years -- and to me has little to do with the singer at this point.
    UG, I know you've tried and just can't do it. I know it can be a tough place.
    You get it, man.
    You and a few others always have.

    I wish there were more on here, like you.

    I'm sure there are some quality fans at the Links.
    But from my experience, they get drowned out by the "i love all era" enthusiasts.

  9. #29
    Band Manager
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,125
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    I am PROUD the webmaster calls this CLASSICVANHALEN.

    That is the defining era.

    Because it doesn't begin with a "V" we fucking suck?

    What an idiotic statement, if there ever was one.

    I chose this place, over all the others back in 2004, DISTINCTLY because it WAS called
    Classic Van Halen.
    I was new to the internet, names popped up and THIS is the one i chose.
    The hope was to avoid the era that followed CVH, altogether.

    This is the mindset that plagues places like the links.
    They all claim to be big Roth era diehards, but then get whiney & bored, if you limit the scope
    to the era that actually fucking carries some weight & influence.

    Classicvanhalen:

    The name should be presented as a badge of honor, not a liability, dude.

    Yeah I went overboard there.

    I suffer the same annoyance and don't think of the other 2 other era's as VH. Never did and never will. To me it's another band altogether. An EVH solo project band or whatever. But at the same time don't feel any need to slam that stuff or the fans who like it. My beef was mainly about flogging a dead horse to death over and over. If I had things my way I'd never see any of that mentioned at all. Good or bad. Pro or Con. I like the way VH disacknowledge those two eras completely and wish the fans would too. Everything would be VH and VH only old and new. But it's just how it is on the net with VH fans I'll have to accept it.

  10. #30
    No cheer******s allowed!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    28,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Yeah I went overboard there.

    I suffer the same annoyance and don't think of the other 2 other era's as VH. Never did and never will. To me it's another band altogether. An EVH solo project band or whatever. But at the same time don't feel any need to slam that stuff or the fans who like it. My beef was mainly about flogging a dead horse to death over and over. If I had things my way I'd never see any of that mentioned at all. Good or bad. Pro or Con. I like the way VH disacknowledge those two eras completely and wish the fans would too. Everything would be VH and VH only old and new. But it's just how it is on the net with VH fans I'll have to accept it.
    Valid points, man.

    I was out of line bringing up Robbie & the Links, again.
    It was flogging a dead horse.

    You are one of my faves on here, HB.
    You bring a lot to this forum, always have.
    Your comments hurt a little, but i get your point.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Saving Youtubers To Your Hardrive...
    By panama's meanstreet in forum Van Halen YouTube Videos
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: December 24th, 2019, 06:21 AM
  2. Amazing Video - Stray Dog Saving Another Stray Dog
    By Simon Ribeiro in forum Non-VH Related Stuff
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: March 13th, 2009, 09:59 AM
  3. Saving YouTube videos
    By zozo5150 in forum Non-VH Related Stuff
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: October 26th, 2006, 07:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •