Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Ferguson: Your thoughts - Page 2
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Love ya moms......
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/08/20...n-says-source/

Darren Wilson, the Ferguson, Mo., police officer whose fatal shooting of Michael Brown touched off more than a week of demonstrations, suffered severe facial injuries, including an orbital (eye socket) fracture, and was nearly beaten unconscious by Brown moments before firing his gun, a source close to the department's top brass told FoxNews.com.

“The Assistant (Police) Chief took him to the hospital, his face all swollen on one side,” said the insider. “He was beaten very severely.”

According to the well-placed source, Wilson was coming off another case in the neighborhood on Aug. 9 when he ordered Michael Brown and his friend Dorain Johnson to stop walking in the middle of the road because they were obstructing traffic. However, the confrontation quickly escalated into physical violence, the source said.

“They ignored him and the officer started to get out of the car to tell them to move," the source said. "They shoved him right back in, that’s when Michael Brown leans in and starts beating Officer Wilson in the head and the face."

The source claims that there is "solid proof" that there was a struggle between Brown and Wilson for the policeman’s firearm, resulting in the gun going off – although it still remains unclear at this stage who pulled the trigger. Brown started to walk away according to the account, prompting Wilson to draw his gun and order him to freeze. Brown, the source said, raised his hands in the air, and turned around saying, "What, you're going to shoot me?"

At that point, the source told FoxNews.com, the 6-foot-4, 292-pound Brown charged Wilson, prompting the officer to fire at least six shots at him, including the fatal bullet that penetrated the top of Brown's skull, according to an independent autopsy conducted at the request of Brown's family.

Wilson suffered a fractured eye socket in the fracas, and was left dazed by the initial confrontation, the source said. He is now "traumatized, scared for his life and his family, injured and terrified" that a grand jury, which began hearing evidence on Wednesday, will "make some kind of example out of him," the source said.

The source also said the dashboard and body cameras, which might have recorded crucial evidence, had been ordered by Ferguson Police Chief Thomas Jackson, but had only recently arrived and had not yet been deployed.

A spokesman for the St. Louis County Police Department, citing the ongoing investigation, declined late Wednesday to say whether Wilson required medical treatment following the altercation.

Edward Magee, spokesman for St. Louis County Prosecutor Robert McCullough, said the office will not disclose the nature of the evidence it will reveal to a grand jury.

"We'll present every piece of evidence we have, witness statements, et cetera, to the grand jury, and we do not release any evidence or talk about evidence on the case."

Nabil Khattar, CEO of 7Star Industries – which specializes in firearms training for law enforcement and special operations personnel – confirmed that police are typically instructed to use deadly force if in imminent danger of being killed or suffering great bodily injury.

“You may engage a threat with enough force that is reasonably necessary to defend against that danger,” he said.

Wilson is a six-year veteran of the Ferguson police force department, and has no prior disciplinary infringements.

Massive protests have since taken over the St. Louis community, prompting Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon last Thursday to place Highway Patrol Capt. Ron Johnson at the helm of security operations in an effort to calm ongoing tensions. The federal government is also investigating the death, and Attorney General Eric Holder has taken the lead – calling “the selective release of sensitive information” in the case “troubling.”

On Friday, Ferguson police released surveillance video showing Brown stealing cigars from a convenience store just before his death. Jackson came under intense criticism for disclosing the tape and a related police report as he also insisted that the alleged robbery and the encounter with Wilson were unrelated matters. Brown’s family, through their attorney, suggested the tape’s release was a strategic form of “character assassination.”

However, FoxNews.com’s source insisted that there was absolutely no spin agenda behind the tape’s release and that there were a number of Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) media requests filed by media outlets seeking it. Tom Jackson is said to have waited on publicly releasing it, and did not want it shown until Brown’s grieving mother first had the chance to see it.

“He defied the FOIAs as long as he could,” noted the insider. “A powerful, ugly spin has completely ruined public discourse on this whole situation.”

Love ya moms......
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick AVH fan View Post
    It's sickening to see how we've turned into a police state.

Disclaimer: I don't condone the looting/rioting.
    Well all of this police state stuff started around the time of the LA shootout years ago, the perps had assault rifles and body armor and the cops showed up with inferior weaponry and protection. They had to go to a local shop and borrow the weapons to even the odds if memory serves correctly.
    I agree with you to a point but sometimes it is necessary.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboydan View Post
    What do y'all think about this: http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5696546?utm_hp_ref=tw

Warning, video clip shows a guy being killed
    The guy was coming at them at a pretty good clip, like he had purpose.
    He was not responding to their warnings, either.

I don't think it's a racial thing in either case (though i know there are racist cops).
    If i were the knife weilding dude coming at those same cops, you would have gotten
    the same result.

In both cases, watching the aftermath of each video, both cops seem disturbed about
    what they did.

In that video, i'm not sure, but it sounds like the shooting officer saying, "Damn it," after he
    strikes the guy down.

It's a tragic situation all around.
    Both guys seemed to have death wishes, which is sad.

I cannot imagine attempting to rush a police officer with a gun, or provoking anyone
    with a gun, unless i simply did not care the result.

A lot of sad news this week.

The journalist be-heading that happened yesterday, really makes me angry.
    That is sadistic evil on a whole other level, beyond anything happening in Ferguson.
    If i were one to believe in Heaven or Hell, i'd say these people are demonic.

Only a little tardy
    Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand View Post
    Well all of this police state stuff started around the time of the LA shootout years ago, the perps had assault rifles and body armor and the cops showed up with inferior weaponry and protection. They had to go to a local shop and borrow the weapons to even the odds if memory serves correctly.
    I agree with you to a point but sometimes it is necessary.
    I get that. Armed and heavily armed threats should be dealt with such.

But protesters? No. No need for snipers on the roof, AR15s, armored cars, etc.
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

Band Manager
    I have to agree. It has been a little unsettling to see Police looking like military. Definitely in this situation it doesn't seem needed.
    But ALS has a good point, most cities don't have SWAT teams. For those that don't, I suppose this kind of hardware is needed....for some situations.

Love ya moms......
    Meanwhile in SLC.........

http://www.wnd.com/2014/08/black-cop...dia-hide-race/

While national news media continue to focus on race in Ferguson, Missouri, where a white police officer shot and killed an unarmed black teenager, they apparently don’t think a similar case in Utah with the races reversed is that newsworthy.

Police in Salt Lake City are continuing their probe into an Aug. 11 shooting outside a 7-Eleven convenience store, when a black police officer, whom local media are referring to as “not white,” shot and killed 20-year-old Dillon Taylor, who was unarmed at the time, according to his supporters.

Police Chief Chris Burbank said the entire incident was captured on the body camera of the officer who shot Taylor.

“You will see on camera … the actions of everyone involved, including up to the point where our officer utilizes deadly force and his response thereafter,” Burbank told reporters.

He said the video, along with the officer’s identity, will be released at the “appropriate” time, adding it could be days, weeks or months.

I wonder how long it will be before this story explodes in the media? Or how long before O, the AG or Sharpton butt in to make sure no civil rights were violated.
    Who am I kidding none of this will ever happen.

Watch out for those Mormons rioting and looting though..........

I know the law, friend.
    99% of the time if you walk towards a cop with a knife you will be shot as this guy was.
    Like it or not what they did was legal.

This guy had a death wish or mental illness.
    I agree. Though I'd rather see them taze him or shoot him in the legs. But I wasn't surprised that this ended the way it did.

As for the mike brown killing, how is there no dashcam video? I'm sure we'll get a much clearer picture of this event as more evidence comes out. At this time I'm comfortable with the way the police handled each situation.
    "I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

I know the law, friend.
    I think it has to do with this:

“You will see on camera … the actions of everyone involved, including up to the point where our officer utilizes deadly force and his response thereafter,” Burbank told reporters.
    "I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

Love ya moms......
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboydan View Post
    I agree. Though I'd rather see them taze him or shoot him in the legs. But I wasn't surprised that this ended the way it did.

As for the mike brown killing, how is there no dashcam video? I'm sure we'll get a much clearer picture of this event as more evidence comes out. At this time I'm comfortable with the way the police handled each situation.
    I think I read somewhere they had ordered and received dashcams but they were not installed on the cars yet.

Band Manager
    Meanwhile in SLC.........

http://www.wnd.com/2014/08/black-cop...dia-hide-race/

While national news media continue to focus on race in Ferguson, Missouri, where a white police officer shot and killed an unarmed black teenager, they apparently don’t think a similar case in Utah with the races reversed is that newsworthy.

Police in Salt Lake City are continuing their probe into an Aug. 11 shooting outside a 7-Eleven convenience store, when a black police officer, whom local media are referring to as “not white,” shot and killed 20-year-old Dillon Taylor, who was unarmed at the time, according to his supporters.

Police Chief Chris Burbank said the entire incident was captured on the body camera of the officer who shot Taylor.

He said the video, along with the officer’s identity, will be released at the “appropriate” time, adding it could be days, weeks or months.

I wonder how long it will be before this story explodes in the media? Or how long before O, the AG or Sharpton butt in to make sure no civil rights were violated.
    Who am I kidding none of this will ever happen.

Watch out for those Mormons rioting and looting though..........
    I never heard anything about this, anywhere. Not a shock of course. Unfortunately, when you're the majority nobody cares. Pretty soon though, when we're a minority, we can unleash the whoop ass. I'll be the guy looting Guitar Center.