Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unchained

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    They are iconic, but i never liked the look of them.
    Same thing with a Telecaster.

I've always had a thing for Strats (so sexy, so many cool variations) & SG's.
    I also love V's & Destroyers.
    Yeah, I never liked Telecasters either. I like all the others, except V's. Don't care for those either. I've liked all of Ed's signature guitars, except for maybe the EBMMs. Those were too rounded and bloated looking, kinda like the Les Paul's.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    Yeah, I never liked Telecasters either. I like all the others, except V's. Don't care for those either. I've liked all of Ed's signature guitars, except for maybe the EBMMs. Those were too rounded and bloated looking, kinda like the Les Paul's.
    Yeah, those EBMM guitars looked morbidly obese & very un-sexy.
    Ed was describing it like a LP meets a tele, and i was thinking, "Great. My two least favorite body designs."

I had two Peavey Wolfgangs, which were slimmed down a little bit, yet still felt too round.

The most comfortable guitar i've ever played was a Japanese N2, Nuno Bettencourt Washburn.
    Nuno is a smaller guy, so the guitar body was just a tad shaved down & it felt great!

V's are impossible to play, unless you are standing up, it seems.
    I love the look of those Korina V's...loved the 70's Dean V's, too & the Ibanez copies from the 70's.
    But those guitars are not practical for bedroom players.

Mike Campbell from Tom Petty showed a nice Ibanez korina V, in the latest guitar mag.
    I guess they gave it to him back when Petty first came out.

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    Yeah, those EBMM guitars looked morbidly obese & very un-sexy.
    Ed was describing it like a LP meets a tele, and i was thinking, "Great. My two least favorite body designs."

I had two Peavey Wolfgangs, which were slimmed down a little bit, yet still felt too round.

The most comfortable guitar i've ever played was a Japanese N2, Nuno Bettencourt Washburn.
    Nuno is a smaller guy, so the guitar body was just a tad shaved down & it felt great!

V's are impossible to play, unless you are standing up, it seems.
    I love the look of those Korina V's...loved the 70's Dean V's, too & the Ibanez copies from the 70's.
    But those guitars are not practical for bedroom players.

Mike Campbell from Tom Petty showed a nice Ibanez korina V, in the latest guitar mag.
    I guess they gave it to him back when Petty first came out.
    I've always liked the Wolfgangs. Much sleeker looking than the EBMMs and unique. I really hope Ed keeps the white one with the black stripes as his main guitar like he did in 2013. Ed just always looks cooler playing striped guitars...
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Band Manager
    I agree. Dave's back....stick to the stripes!

I'm not a fan of Tele's either, but I love the way they sound.

I like the V's, but it's another one I did feel comfortable playing. Many of my friends had one in the early 80's. It was either that or a Warlock (one of my least favorites). Thank gawd Ed made Kramers popular, to mix it up a bit.

I didn't like Ed's guitars for the longest time. But a few years ago ( once I actually played one) they started growing on me. They play nice.