Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Ferguson: Your thoughts
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    No cheer******s allowed!

Ferguson: Your thoughts

Okay, we've been a punch of "let's just get along" pussy's on here, as of late, so let's
    fire up some of the old passion....

Recently, an unarmed, African American, cigar loving "gentle giant" of a teenager, was gunned down
    in a black community in Missouri, by a white police officer.

Of course, the response was one of outrage (by the media and the black community), which
    inevitably, lead to looting & a "we're so disgruntled, we need to hijack as many flat screens as we can carry,"
    mentality.

The end result has both sides (the police & the protestors) painted in a negative light:

You have a poorly trained cop, with a hair trigger temper, pumping six bullets into an unarmed kid.

Then you have african americans reinforcing "white" stereotypes, by taking advantage of a tragic
    situation, by looting & burning down the neighborhood.

So what are your thoughts amidst this on-going mess of a situation?

Love ya moms......
    I was going to post something serious like "are those darned Amish rioting and looting again" but ill go a bit lighthearted.

1. Why does a black life seem to have more value if taken by a white person?

2. How many black males were murdered this last weekend in Chicago? And where is the outrage from the media as well as the PUSA, Sharpton etc for said murders? Perhaps the reason is that this does not fit their political adgenda.

3. And would the PUSA and Holder stick there nose into the matter if this was black on black crime or black on white? No of course not.

This is what I heard happened today and just like every early report take with a grain of salt until the investigation is concluded

After robbing the convenience store the suspect was confronted by the cop and a struggle insued with the suspect eventually running away, he was told to freeze then turned and charged the cop who then discharged his weapon multiple times killing the suspect. Now before you question the number of shots fired please remember that cops have what they call a "safe space" or area that extends several feet and if that is violated they have the right to protect themselves as necessary. If you've seen the store video the suspect was HUGE, over 6 ft and close to 300 lbs.

As far as the looters and rioters go they are exhibiting typical behavior that has zero to do with said event they are just using it as an excuse to do so. No sympathy from me, they could be shot on sight and I would honestly care less.
    Last edited by Achilleslastand; August 19th, 2014 at 12:30 AM.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand View Post
    I was going to post something serious like "are those darned Amish rioting and looting again" but ill go a bit lighthearted.

1. Why does a black life seem to have more value if taken by a white person?

2. How many black males were murdered this last weekend in Chicago? And where is the outrage from the media as well as the PUSA, Sharpton etc for said murders? Perhaps the reason is that this does not fit their political adgenda.

3. And would the PUSA and Holder stick there nose into the matter if this was black on black crime or black on white? No of course not.

This is what I heard happened today and just like every early report take with a grain of salt until the investigation is concluded

After robbing the convenience store the suspect was confronted by the cop and a struggle insued with the suspect eventually running away, he was told to freeze then turned and charged the cop who then discharged his weapon multiple times killing the suspect. Now before you question the number of shots fired please remember that cops have what they call a "safe space" or area that extends several feet and if that is violated they have the right to protect themselves as necessary. If you've seen the store video the suspect was HUGE, over 6 ft and close to 300 lbs.

As far as the looters and rioters go they are exhibiting typical behavior that has zero to do with said event they are just using it as an excuse to do so. No sympathy from me, they could be shot on sight and I would honestly care less.
    One of the things that really irritated me, was the fact the poor shop owner was victimized twice.

First by that "gentle giant" of a thug (working in retail, i have seen this scenario countless times, and sadly,
    it's about 90 percent committed by african americans).

Then, as supposed revenge for a video that, let's face it, reveals as (Al Gore would say) an inconvienent
    truth, they loot his store & burn it down.

Are you kidding me?!

And the media sort of side steps that as a, "Oh well, can you blame them?" situation.

Really?!!

Can't we all just point out that there is a huge problem, not only with police aggression,
    but also within the Ferguson community?

And Ferguson is a microcosm of a bigger problem, as a whole.
    But we gotta call out both sides, i think.

Love ya moms......
    http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014...th-mike-brown/

The Gateway Pundit can now confirm from two local St. Louis sources that police Officer Darren Wilson suffered facial fractures during his confrontation with deceased 18 year-old Michael Brown. Officer Wilson clearly feared for his life during the incident that led to the shooting death of Brown. This was after Michael Brown and his accomplice Dorian Johnson robbed a local Ferguson convenience store.

Local St. Louis sources said Wilson suffered an “orbital blowout fracture to the eye socket.” This comes from a source within the Prosecuting Attorney’s office and confirmed by the St. Louis County Police.

Band Manager
    Yeah, from what I've heard Brown robbed a store and then attacked the officer while he was sitting in his car. I assume the officer got out to arrest him and Brown resisted, then eventually, started walking towards the officer in a threatening manor. The question is did the officer draw his weapon, before or during Brown moving towards him, and tell this kid, "freeze, get on the ground", or did he just get out of the car and start shooting? Of course, the latter would be wrong.

It's terrible when any teen gets killed by cops or otherwise, but when you're robbing stores, beating on cops, resisting arrest, any person, black or white, you gotta realize in this day and age where everyone has a gun, and many people that are cops that shouldn't be cops, when engaged in activities such as these, there's a slight chance you could get shot. It's not right but it could happen to white people as well.

Honestly, nothing changes until we can talk about race. And that goes for the black community to be able to talk to each other about race .Black people are , for sure, being treated unfairly in several aspects of life. Some of which you have to be black to truly understand.Certainly, there's much work to be dun from the white standpoint. But the black community has responsibility as well. As soon as you say that, the conversation is over. It's like, "fuck you, how dare you it's all your fault". Until we can get past that nothing changes.

If you look at all the immigrants that have come to in this country, Italians Chinese..., they were all treated horribly in the beginning. But they eventually assimilated into society. The black community refuses to do this. Yes they have many things blocking them but so did everyone else. Still, most refuse to try. Simple things like speaking English, not wearing pants that show off your but crack, caring about something other than your self, would go a long way in advancing the black community. Black women have made steps to better themselves but most men don't inspire to better themselves. And there's never been a better time for young people with all the programs and schools offered in this era.But you gotta want to do it and have it instilled in you at a young age you can do it.
    Unfortunately, the breakdown of the family structure the last 40 years has definitely destroyed many kids...and continues.

This aint 1960. Most white people would like to see the black community assimilated into society and doing well. It would make this country even greater than it is.

What's crazy is within the black community, it is a lot of times frowned upon to be successful. If you're working for, or with white people, not dressing and talking like a thug, they're ridiculed for not being "black" anymore. This attitude has to stop. Don Lemon (CNN anchor), and a black man, stated many points like this and the black community berated him for it.
    Basically, if you continue to act like a thug, the rest of the population, white, latino, Asian...whatever....are always going to see you as a thug.

Until this mindset is changed it doesn't matter if racism was completely gone.

Of course everything I said cannot be discussed. Until both sides fix their faults nothing changes.

Band Manager
    Been lurking for a while...

Obviously, Brown was no Gentle Giant.
    We see that from the video in the store - and seeing that this isn't a court room, I'll make a personal leap in judgment that the video didn't capture the first and only time that Brown was less than gentle.
    He and his friend then encountered the officer.
    That encounter was less than gentle as well, and the account according to Browns friend and accomplice makes little sense to me and is kind of all over the place.

Ultimately, the entire thing will hinge on whether or not the officer was justified in using deadly force.
    Was he close enough to warrant shooting?
    As I see it, unless Brown was quite a distance from the cop - it doesn't look good for Brown.
    He and or his friend had already assaulted the officer in the officers vehicle. (something that seams to be constantly left out)
    I believe that an officer is not obligated to be beaten up, and can fire his weapon in self defense against one or two aggressors.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Brown's friend left out a few details, most glaringly the little stop at the store beforehand,
    so his witness credibility is about as unbiased as Fox news reviewing an Obama fundraiser.

The media would have us all believe that Brown was "Rog" from "What's Happening," with his
    skinny arms in the air in an act of surrender, yelling, "Momma, don't shoot!"

Right...

I truly believe the officer was spooked & feared for his life.
    If you have a battering ram coming at you with a deathwish, you might over react
    just a wee bit, which is what i think happened.
    I think he was surprised & spooked, and his training went out the window.

The cop fucked up, but there also needs to be accountability on the other side.
    Using Brown's death as an excuse to terrorize other people & destroy property not
    your own, is absolutely shameful.

Only a little tardy
    It's sickening to see how we've turned into a police state.

Disclaimer: I don't condone the looting/rioting.
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

I know the law, friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick AVH fan View Post
    It's sickening to see how we've turned into a police state.

Disclaimer: I don't condone the looting/rioting.
    What do y'all think about this: http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5696546?utm_hp_ref=tw

Warning, video clip shows a guy being killed
    "I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

Love ya moms......
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboydan View Post
    What do y'all think about this: http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5696546?utm_hp_ref=tw

Warning, video clip shows a guy being killed
    99% of the time if you walk towards a cop with a knife you will be shot as this guy was.
    Like it or not what they did was legal.

This guy had a death wish or mental illness.