Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Guitar fetish Slick SL54
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    No cheer******s allowed!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    28,415

    Guitar fetish Slick SL54

    Was thumbing through a guitar mag at work yesterday, and saw an ad for these.

    I immediately fell in love with this particular model, because it's the EVH strat concept
    EXCEPT minus a Floyd Rose locking tremolo (which is a huge plus for me, because i'm not
    a locking trem kinda guy).

    They come in black, sunburst, white & natural wood grain, but i can't decide between
    the black one or the sunburst.

    Guitar fetish has them on sale for a mere 189.00!

    And the specs are sick: Swamp ash body, canadian hard rock maple neck, a customized
    bridge pickup....

    I don't wanna invest in expensive guitars, but this one seems to cool to pass up for the price!

    http://slickguitars.com/index.php/sl...103-slick-sl54

  2. #2
    No cheer******s allowed!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    28,415
    Here is the road-worn sunburst model...
    Attached Images Attached Images

  3. #3
    No cheer******s allowed!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    28,415
    Earl Slick has more designs from this line, including Tele & LP JR. shapes, etc.

    They sound really good, from what ive heard online.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #4
    I know the law, friend.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In a Simple Rhyme
    Posts
    3,338
    Nice guitars for the price..........but I do not like zebra humbuckers. It really fucks with my OCD. Make them both black and I like the weathered black strat the best. I like the les paul also, but they just don't look right without traps between the frets. To each his own, I guess.
    "I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-



  5. #5
    No cheer******s allowed!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    28,415
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboydan View Post
    Nice guitars for the price..........but I do not like zebra humbuckers. It really fucks with my OCD. Make them both black and I like the weathered black strat the best. I like the les paul also, but they just don't look right without traps between the frets. To each his own, I guess.
    See, i'm total OCD, yet i love those Zebra pups.
    I've always loved guitars that feature a single humbucker or a bridge 'bucker sporting the zebra rails.

    Well, i DID go with the weathered black model, mainly because it reminds me of Nuno's strat on
    the cover of the first Extreme record in '89.

    I haven't picked up a guitar in ages, and because of that, i can't get myself to spend 800.00
    on an EVH Charvel, just in case i decide i have no desire to play it.
    But i feel that itch sometimes, so this strat will be a minor investment overall.

    But i gotta say, i love the way they look!

  6. #6
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,972
    You're in Boston, see if you can stop by their warehouse. I remember reading that it was in Mass. The one dude on harmonycentral (frets99 i think) used to buy a lot from them, and would just pick his stuff up from there. Maybe save on shipping, or maybe get to try before you buy

    I've never bought a guitar from them, but I've gotten several trems and pickups from them. never had much of a problem. I once bought a marked down, dirt cheap pickguard & strat pickup set and the volume pot was dead on arrival. They helped me figure out what was wrong, but didn't do anything about it. Then again, I am not the type to make a big stink about 5$.
    A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.
    Frank Zappa

  7. #7
    I know the law, friend.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In a Simple Rhyme
    Posts
    3,338
    cool, I'm sure you'll love it. post a video when you get it. I want to hear how it sounds.
    "I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-



  8. #8
    No cheer******s allowed!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    28,415
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboydan View Post
    cool, I'm sure you'll love it. post a video when you get it. I want to hear how it sounds.
    Who the hell do you think you are, Robbie?!

    (Just kidding)

    I have a Marshall Lead 12 amp (older one, made in England...still....solid state, but...)

    I'm gonna be horrible until i can regain my calluses...
    Gimme a little time.

  9. #9
    No cheer******s allowed!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    28,415
    Quote Originally Posted by spanishfly View Post
    You're in Boston, see if you can stop by their warehouse. I remember reading that it was in Mass. The one dude on harmonycentral (frets99 i think) used to buy a lot from them, and would just pick his stuff up from there. Maybe save on shipping, or maybe get to try before you buy

    I've never bought a guitar from them, but I've gotten several trems and pickups from them. never had much of a problem. I once bought a marked down, dirt cheap pickguard & strat pickup set and the volume pot was dead on arrival. They helped me figure out what was wrong, but didn't do anything about it. Then again, I am not the type to make a big stink about 5$.
    They are based out of my area, but it doesn't seem like they allow visitors like a music store would.

    I'm just hoping the neck feels good, that's kinda key.
    I like that bare wood feel.

    Don't let me down, Earl!

  10. #10
    I know the law, friend.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In a Simple Rhyme
    Posts
    3,338
    My next guitar will be a copy of this....



    I can't afford the real deal, but I'm trying to find a nice knock off that I can paint up. Then try to get it to sound like this:

    Last edited by cowboydan; July 8th, 2014 at 07:46 AM.
    "I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-



 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Rasta guitar "new addition to the VH guitar wall"
    By vhrob in forum The Guitar Shop
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: May 30th, 2012, 07:08 PM
  2. guitar fetish
    By spanishfly in forum The Guitar Shop
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: October 24th, 2008, 04:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •