Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
And This is Why Eddie Trunk is an Idiot - Page 3
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    Eddie does not strike me as a guy who'd be comfortable being worshipped & placed under
    the spotlight, in the TMS setting.

I just don't think that's his bag.
    Add to that, TMS is catering more to the Ratts, Cinderellas & Vito Brattas, of the era.
    Publicity wise, i think Ed wouldnt benefit from it, as he's on a much larger scale of celebrity.

A guy like Hagar was made for TMS, though.
    He's social, eats up the adulation & loves to run his mouth.
    Ed is more introverted.
    It's a great opportunity to move some rum.

I could see EVH going on TMS with Wolf to promote something WVH was starting.

The Chris Farley comparison had me rolling...so right on. I picture Trunk as the chubby kid who people had to tolerate because he would bring his boom box to the bonfire. He's reeling off all his trivial "knowledge" while your trying to hear the cool part of a song. Fair Warning is cranking out, then all the sudden he throws on 0U812.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    It's a great opportunity to move some rum.

I could see EVH going on TMS with Wolf to promote something WVH was starting.

The Chris Farley comparison had me rolling...so right on. I picture Trunk as the chubby kid who people had to tolerate because he would bring his boom box to the bonfire. He's reeling off all his trivial "knowledge" while your trying to hear the cool part of a song. Fair Warning is cranking out, then all the sudden he throws on 0U812.
    I knew a kid just like that!

We were blaring WACF, and he was like, "Fuck that, this is the NEW!"
    And he proceeded to throw on OU812.
    I distinctly remember the track "Cabo Wabo" playing, and he was the only guy in
    the car getting off on it.

It was 1988, and even then, my inner Unchained was thinking, "This kid is an idiot."

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    I agree. Van Halen, in a way, is too big for that show. It's more a forum for all the smaller bands, or bands who were once big, but are now relegated to playing small theaters and clubs now. I can't ever see Dave or the Brothers on that show, but it would be cool to see.
    I would love to see it, as i do enjoy the show, but those guys are from a different, more legitimate era.

Had my Bose radio on the Cooper show tonight, and the intro to "Aint talkin' bout love," came on.
    All these years later, that sound, that intro, that song....
    It sounds so classic, yet futuristic.

What a band!

Yours truly, As Is
    I would love to see it, as i do enjoy the show, but those guys are from a different, more legitimate era.

Had my Bose radio on the Cooper show tonight, and the intro to "Aint talkin' bout love," came on.
    All these years later, that sound, that intro, that song....
    It sounds so classic, yet futuristic.

What a band!
    Can you imagine Dave an Alex on a show like TMS back in the day?! I'm talkin the period where they did the Jim Ladd interviews. It was always Al an Dave doin the interviews together and they were a riot. Would be the best TMS episode ever.

But even today, I bet Dave and Al going on together would make for a great episode...
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    I'll never forget the sinking feeling both my cousin and I felt the first time we listened to 5150. We never could've imagined the Mighty Van Halen putting out fluff like WCTBL and LWI. When one of my older sisters, who had never been a VH fan, was chomping at the bit to buy it and WCTBL was all over the pop station airways, I clearly realized something wasn't right with the world haha. It took another 26 yrs but the Mighty VH train finally got back on the tracks with ADKOT. And yet I get mocked, even on here, for loving that album as much as I do. I've seen Jeff(VHND) say he thinks it's the best rock album by anyone in decades and I completely agree!

Eddie Trunk is basically just like all the whiners over at the Links, pining away for their beloved Sam to return...
    LOL! I was like, "why do they keep playing these songs on the radio"? Why can't this love not walk in anymore? Of course Good Enough and 5150 got hardly any airplay.

Completely agree about ADKOT.After a long break I listened to it the other day.I love it,It completely rocks! A million times better than anything they ever did with Sam.I crank up Outta Space and it blows my face off! Easily one of best rock albums in decades.

Band Manager
    I will never trust a guy that claims to love FW & FUCK, equally.
    If you love 'em equally, you don't understand CVH, imo.
    Yeah,that does not compute.
    They're two different bands.It has to be one or the other.
    While,I understand growing up during the Hagar time could lead one to like that era better..I can't understand how someone could like that era better. For someone to like Good Enough and then think Bottoms Up sucks is twilight zonish,too me.There's probably another dimension where everyone likes Van Hagar better....that's kinda scary!

Love Walks In can't be in your top ten,either.

Band Manager
    I'm not sure how old Trunk is, but I get the feeling that a large percentage of the Haggers are people that got into EVH through Beat It and/or Jump. Maybe they were 12, just getting into rock music, and they heard EVH right around then. For them, it's not such a big leap from 1984 to 5150.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

No cheer******s allowed!
    During the event, i kept thinking of the worst things i could bring up:

When are you gonna do That Metal Show?!!

What's Gene really like?!!

Do you think Ace & Peter will ever come back?!!

What do you think of Eddie Trunk?!!

TPS Reports
    Well there won't be a Van Hagar reunion. It already happened 10 years ago and it failed. Didn't help that Ed played like crap(and he did), but don't worry, there won't be a Van Hagar reunion. Those days are over.
    Go RAMS!

? ? ? ?
    Quote Originally Posted by JONEZY View Post
    Well there won't be a Van Hagar reunion. It already happened 10 years ago and it failed. Didn't help that Ed played like crap(and he did), but don't worry, there won't be a Van Hagar reunion. Those days are over.
    Thank God!!!!!
    Why behave in public if your living on a playground?