Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by DLR 1973 View Post
    To ship to me in England its quoting $47.45, which seems kind of a high for something that is relatively light weight.

After he's paid his ebay and paypal fees, there is not going to be much left for Gene.

Unless he's set a reserve, this could be a good bargain for someone local to him that doesn't get hit with high postage fees.
    Good grief! That can't be right.I just shipped a poster in pvc pipe to England.It weighed just over two pounds and it cost thirty bucks.A Frisbee would be more like ten bucks, I would think.

$8 within the states is riculous,as well.You could ship it priority two or three dollars cheaper.And the buyer would get it fast.This seller is obviously inexperienced with shipping items.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    eBay just absolutely rapes you.
    eBay actually pays itself twice, first from the sale, then with Paypal getting their cut.
    And forget about their other thing, Bill me later.
    I sold a few smaller items recently, and after paying them & screwing myself with under-estimated
    shipping costs, i'm pretty sure i ended up actually paying to sell my item.
    I was thinking, "WTF was the point?"

They are exceptional for shopping or buying, though.
    The deals blow Amazon out of the water, plus they always rule in the buyer's favor.

I used to buy low & sell high, but then they raised the fee's so high, it was no longer worth it.
    Yeah,that final value fee is killer now.They dropped all the insertion fees,pictures,etc.Then they made up for it by raising the final fee and the paypal fee.I sold a poster last year for 2,100.They took over two hundred with the final value fee.Then paypal took almost a hundred.
    It does suck,for sure, but it's still much cheaper than consigning to an actual auction house.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by PrideofPasadena View Post
    Yeah,that final value fee is killer now.They dropped all the insertion fees,pictures,etc.Then they made up for it by raising the final fee and the paypal fee.I sold a poster last year for 2,100.They took over two hundred with the final value fee.Then paypal took almost a hundred.
    It does suck,for sure, but it's still much cheaper than consigning to an actual auction house.
    I can't resist a good deal.

I saw a Bose radio in perfect condition, an earlier version, but it was a "Buy it now"
    for like 100.00, in graphite.

I bought it and it was delivered today.
    It looks nice, but i'm like "not sure why i bought this?"

I did the same thing with a 4th generation iPod touch, that was another killer "Buy it now" deal.
    I have an iPod nano 7th gen that i love, so why did i buy the touch?
    Now i have both & i like them both for different reasons.

But i always tell my stuff, "No worries, i can just turn it around back on eBay.'

so that aspect is cool, because you can try stuff out & get most of your money
    back on the re-sell.

But now, with the insane fees, you are losing more cash than you think, in the deal.

Band Manager
    hehe,I hear ya,man.It's hard not to get the "impulse" to buy when you see great BIN deals left and right.Happens to me as well...and I know it will happen again.