Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
"Great Van Halen Project"- David Lee Roth - Classic Van Halen Reunion - Is Mike Back? - Page 3
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Band Manager
    I don't see this being anything more than a fancy way to say,I'm working on a new record with VH.This, they could keep on the down low.Producing DVD's,making live CD's...stuff like that is a lot harder to keep secret.Too many people involved with those kind of projects...too many twitter accounts to silence.

Giving Dave A Break
    Wolfgang is the bass player in Van Halen, that's it, done, over, finished.
    "Iíve got a white Kramer Pacer, and that just goes with every outfit. Thatíll go with my purple spandex, my zebra spandex, everything. And Iíve got a lot of spandex, so itís good to have a versatile guitar thatíll go with your spandex.". - Satchel

Quote Originally Posted by Nick AVH fan View Post
    Skeptical.

That's a big speculation to get from such vague statements. We'll wait and see, but I'm not holding my breath nor agreeing with the thread title.
    This situation is dynamic and with new news reports coming in, it may change.

Without any official word, it may be speculation, but so far 2 members, including myself, have come out on record to say this is what we think is happening.

How many countless others think the same, but aren't willing to get off the fence at this point is unknown.

I would like to be able to add the word 'official' to the thread.

Unless we put a guy outside the entrance gates to Eddie's home and studio, we will not know who is coming and going. That's an idea. We need a few volunteers, local preferably, a camera, a tent, and an internet connection.

Quote Originally Posted by PrideofPasadena View Post
    I don't see this being anything more than a fancy way to say,I'm working on a new record with VH.This, they could keep on the down low.Producing DVD's,making live CD's...stuff like that is a lot harder to keep secret.Too many people involved with those kind of projects...too many twitter accounts to silence.
    Yet Van Halen managed to keep a lid on their tour rehearsals in late 2011 until they were finished, despite all of this technology.

http://www.vhnd.com/2011/12/29/van-halen-rehearsals/

Quote Originally Posted by CalFB View Post
    If you had told me on new years eve on December 31st 1984, that in the coming year David Lee Roth would leave Van Halen and be replaced, I would have laughed in your face.

You know the most telling action of last night was that Jeff from VHND logged in after Dawg and I had made our initial posts on Mike rejoining, Jeff went on to make the post below, yet, Jeff did not comment on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Halen Store View Post
    Guys, part 3 of VHND's tribute to the 40th anniversary of Van Halen hitting the infamous Sunset Strip is now online. And if I do say so, it's a MUST-READ. I really hope you all enjoy it!....
    He was logged on for quite some time afterwards, and was surfing around the site, but no comment, which I had already predicted before he logged in. See below.

Quote Originally Posted by DLR 1973 View Post
    Just checked the other Van Halen forums in the community, VHLinks, Roth Army, etc

We're the first site to run with this.

Let me just check VHND....

Nothing there at the moment.

I wouldn't be surprised if we hear from Jeff on this in a few weeks or months, stating that either he knew that Mike was back but had been told by the Van Halen camp to keep a lid on it, or that he had enough information, stuff that we don't yet have access to, that indicated that Mike was back, but that he dare not run with it until he could substantiate it 100%.

I know the law, friend.
    Sumbody's pretty fired up about all this!
    "I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

Quote Originally Posted by cowboydan View Post
    Sumbody's pretty fired up about all this!
    Yes, I just think it's good to put this out there so it can be debated properly.

I honestly think the skeptical approach demonstrated by some is fine, it may turn out to be the right approach, but after reading Dawg's comments I decided to get off the fence and try and make some sense from it all.

As I have shown, the pieces of the jigsaw puzzle are slowly coming together.

Mike returning is a natural progression.

I think Wolfgang, being a fan of the original band, could be open to this development and would view this as an opportunity not to be missed.

Of course Sammy could just spoil Van Halen's secrecy by just telling the press about it at anytime.

If this is actually whats going down behind the scenes, I think Van Halen may have to make a move or Sammy will end up getting all the press attention again, whilst not even being in the band.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by CalFB View Post
    I was skeptical, yet now i'm not so sure.

Wolf is working with Tremonti again & tweeting about it.
    Sammy & Joe, don't seem to even mention Mike much anymore.
    Joe was just on TMS and did express interest in working with Sammy again.
    Chickenfoot is brought up in conversation, but i don't hear Mike mentioned.

Roth did, vocally, express his admiration of Mike, last year.
    Projects are currently underfoot, secret projects.

Could it happen?

No cheer******s allowed!
    Unchainedguitars, you raging idiot...

Why would Ed even consider reuniting with Mike?
    What possibly could be in it for him?

He loves his son & loves playing with his son.
    VH exists, right now, because of Wolfgang.

All the bad blood with Mike, the removal from album covers, etc.
    Why would Ed say, "Yeah, he's back in."

It won't ever happen.