Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

"Great Van Halen Project"- David Lee Roth - Classic Van Halen Reunion - Is Mike Back?
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

"Great Van Halen Project"- David Lee Roth - Classic Van Halen Reunion - Is Mike Back?

Read about this on VHND and watched the latest episode of The Roth Show on this site.

David Lee Roth announces that,
    “Working on a great Van Halen project. Can’t announce anything, or I’d have to come find you and swear you to secrecy.”

Have Van Halen actually started listening to their fans? Probably not.

Listening to Dave? Hmm possibly.

Or has the spate of Classic Van Halen footage that recently found it's way on to youtube forced their collective hand?

I think the latter.

The phrase Dave uses, "Great Van Halen Project", sets it aside from a follow up record to ADKOT.

It can't be just a box set of previously released CD's as they have already done that.

My guess is that they are working on a Van Halen retrospective film, involving band interviews and unseen footage from their live shows pre 1985.

Or something similar, such as whole pro shot concerts films remastered on HD, one from each tour, 1978 -1984.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DLR 1973 View Post
    Read about this on VHND and watched the latest episode of The Roth Show on this site.

David Lee Roth announces that,
    ďWorking on a great Van Halen project. Canít announce anything, or Iíd have to come find you and swear you to secrecy.Ē

Have Van Halen actually started listening to their fans? Probably not.

Listening to Dave? Hmm possibly.

Or has the spate of Classic Van Halen footage that recently found it's way on to youtube forced their collective hand?

I think the latter.

The phrase Dave uses, "Great Van Halen Project", sets it aside from a follow up record to ADKOT.

It can't be just a box set of previously released CD's as they have already done that.

My guess is that they are working on a Van Halen retrospective film, involving band interviews and unseen footage from their live shows pre 1985.

Or something similar, such as whole pro shot concerts films remastered on HD, one from each tour, 1978 -1984.

Truly exciting to hear, and i was thinking the same thing.
    "Project" might simply mean a "Follow-up," though i agree the word sounds more multi faceted & elaborate.
    Rumors swirled that there was a lot of filming going on, during the era of WACF.
    I'm sure there is some amazing stuff in the archives.

I know the law, friend.
    My vote is for a rock doc, but my prediction is a live ADKOT tour dvd.
    "I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

Quote Originally Posted by cowboydan View Post
    I think if it was a ADKOT tour DVD it would have been out before now, otherwise it will soon be out of date when they release a new record. Basically I would guess it's prime shelf life would be reduced by no longer being the latest product when ADKOT's successor hits the shelves.

The person to ask on this area of product knowledge is unchained. He's the expert, the professional in this area.

And why buy it when so much of the tour is all over youtube?

A rock documentary is a strong possibility. If so I would like it to be released to cinema first, that would be awesome. The title is simple, The Mighty Van Halen.

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboydan View Post
    I'd say its doubtful. They were meant to put out a dvd from the 07/08 Tour, but Eddie said in an interview they didn't because he didn't see a point in giving the fans something that they just saw.

Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    Truly exciting to hear, and i was thinking the same thing.
    "Project" might simply mean a "Follow-up," though i agree the word sounds more multi faceted & elaborate.
    Rumors swirled that there was a lot of filming going on, during the era of WACF.
    I'm sure there is some amazing stuff in the archives.
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    I'd say its doubtful. They were meant to put out a dvd from the 07/08 Tour, but Eddie said in an interview they didn't because he didn't see a point in giving the fans something that they just saw.
    Exactly Jack, and as I said, the 2012 tour is all over youtube.

If the rumors that unchained speaks of are true, then WACF on DVD and as a limited cinema release would give so many die hard fans their first chance to witness this piece of rock history and a glimpse of what it was like to be present at the gig 34 years ago.

Like Mike
    If that happened, I would drown in my own semen.

Giving Dave A Break
    LOL

I think it's a new album
    "Iíve got a white Kramer Pacer, and that just goes with every outfit. Thatíll go with my purple spandex, my zebra spandex, everything. And Iíve got a lot of spandex, so itís good to have a versatile guitar thatíll go with your spandex.". - Satchel

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by CalFB View Post
    LOL

I think it's a new album
    Yeah, agreed.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Yours truly, As Is
    I really wish they'd do a double album. Or maybe a 3 disc set, 2 live discs with a new album. I'm still not sold that we're gonna get anything from the vault until they reconcile with Mike...
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!