Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Life support !!! - Page 2
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Only a little tardy
    Interesting turn of events...
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

Git some!
    I gotta keep this short, I gotta run. But...what the fuck?

Was banning him really necessary though?
    Ready, Eddie!

Only a little tardy
    Quote Originally Posted by EVH_Erupted View Post
    I gotta keep this short, I gotta run. But...what the fuck?

Was banning him really necessary though?
    Temp ban, dude.
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick AVH fan View Post
    Temp ban, dude.
    Yeah I know Robbie an I are friends, but I disagree with him here, however I don't think a ban of any kind was warranted here.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

No cheer******s allowed!
    He just opened a thread, specifically, to address the fact that he feels things are better (for him, at least),
    at the Links.

Why should getting banned for five days, even matter to him?

He stated, clearly, he prefers to be there.
    Why this was shared with us, on the rival site, who knows?

But a temp ban is not a big deal, especially if you don't want to be here to begin with.

Git some!
    I know it's a temp ban. It's the principle of the matter and I find it unnecessary. It's fine that he clearly doesn't like being here any more, that's his choice. We could have left that be. But: 1, banning him -even if temporarily- only serves to strengthen his argument. Remember how he said we were all dicks? Yeah, I don't think that helped. 2, it just seems like someone trying to flail their authority around.
    Ready, Eddie!

Recently robbie has made accusations against various members, in that they have provoked and attacked him.

When I have looked into it, I have found that it was in most cases, it was robbie who started the issues, and then sat back as members reacted to his posts by posting abuse towards robbie. Robbie then proceeds to contact moderators asking them to take action against the said member/s who reacted to his posts.

Basically robbie was setting members up and then hoping that a mod wouldn't look too far in to it, and take action against whoever robbie had singled out.

Despite this, when robbie then went on to get himself into a little difficulty within a thread in Main, with various members reacting to his posts and again giving him a load of abuse, I did post and ask members to give robbie a break, and this approach worked on that occasion.

But the previous methods of managing his particular knack for getting himself into trouble clearly have not been the solution.

The temporary ban stays in place for 5 days.

Now that the issue is out in the open, and in the event that when he returns, robbie continues to repeat this pattern, I am hopeful that members will not react in the same way to robbie's posts.

If you realize that you are being set up, don't fall for it, just walk on by, and comment on something worthy of your time.

Simple.

Oh and one last thing, I can't speak for other mods, but if you're going to slag me off behind my back, don't do it in a private message to robbie, as he just forwards them on to me.