Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Difficulty with new version of forums - Page 2
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Webmaster
    Sorry I dropped the ball on this. I am contacting my host again as I am not able to got on at work either. I'll let you know how it goes....

Band Manager
    I'm 99% positive there is a freakin' VIRUS on this site.

Or a maleware bug , worm, or whatever it is that causes the site to operate so slow and freeze up. No idea why other people aren't affected, but I personally can't surf anymore than two or three pages at a time. Then have to turn everything off, reboot, and start up fresh again.

No idea how many comments need to be made about it.

I saw the new thread wondering where Unchained Guitars is, and posted in this one instead. So you can read with your own eyes why he is not here. He started this thread and stated clearly there is an issue. His comments are right there to be seen. Yet a new thread is started wondering where he is. What a fucking joke.

Did it ever occurr to anyone...anyone at all.....that maybe....just maybe.....the reason some of the people's computers are fucked up is BECAUSE of the possible virus or maleware on the site in the first place.

Just a thought.
    Last edited by Heisenberg; April 8th, 2014 at 03:12 AM.

Things seem to have been fixed. Thanks, Freak!
    A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.
    Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I'm 99% positive there is a freakin' VIRUS on this site.

Or a maleware bug , worm, or whatever it is that causes the site to operate so slow and freeze up. No idea why other people aren't affected, but I personally can't surf anymore than two or three pages at a time. Then have to turn everything off, reboot, and start up fresh again.

No idea how many comments need to be made about it.

I saw the new thread wondering where Unchained Guitars is, and posted in this one instead. So you can read with your own eyes why he is not here. He started this thread and stated clearly there is an issue. His comments are right there to be seen. Yet a new thread is started wondering where he is. What a fucking joke.

Did it ever occurr to anyone...anyone at all.....that maybe....just maybe.....the reason some of the people's computers are fucked up is BECAUSE of the possible virus or maleware on the site in the first place.

Just a thought.
    Wheres unchained?

He's behind you...

No he isn't...

Repeat ...

I understand your frustration with the site performance. For the record, I haven't had any real issues with it since the hack last autumn that affected thousands of vBulletin forums and not just this one.

VH Freak has attempted to sort this out and we are just starting to see the return of more members which may be related.

Have you tried accessing it from another computer with a different antivirus software package just to see if there is an improvement?

Only a little tardy
    After weeks, it finally let me enter!!
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

Band Manager
    Good work !!! Much appreciated.

I can notice the difference right away. Forgive me if my previous post sounded a little pissy. I had often ran across things that I wanted to post about here, but then frustrated by the technical glitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Good work !!! Much appreciated.

I can notice the difference right away. Forgive me if my previous post sounded a little pissy. I had often ran across things that I wanted to post about here, but then frustrated by the technical glitch.
    I think the whole gang is back, nearly!

Just need a few more, plus unchained.

things seem much quicker. Hopefully it'll stay that way, knock on wood.
    A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.
    Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by spanishfly View Post
    things seem much quicker. Hopefully it'll stay that way, knock on wood.
    Despite not having any access issues in the last month, I must say that I have also noticed how fast the site has become in the last 48 hours.

It's so much more responsive than before. Now we just need a new Van Halen record.....