Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Difficulty with new version of forums
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    No cheer******s allowed!

Difficulty with new version of forums

Ever since the upgrade, my Avast virus protection is going haywire the moment
    i attempt to sign on.
    Usually, it bars me from the actual forums.
    Other times it simply freezes up.
    I've tried with both Google chrome & internet explorer, with the same results.
    I'm at work now, using firefox, so that seems to be functioning.

But it's just odd to experience the lag & warnings with Chrome.

Band Manager
    YES. There is something fishy going on here for sure.

I had mentioned it a couple times before, as it has been freezing up on me for months. Even before the front page was updated. Sometimes it works, but most of the time it doesn't. I read a comment that concerned me about the site regarding malware and virus', possibly being related to last years hacking. I have always had the main VH discussion forum bookmarked so I dont even see the front page anyways. Then I usually click the " today's post's " section in the " quick links " area to see what other topics are going on at the time.

Of course it seems to be working fine right now. Oddly enough, I think Sunday nights are usually always easy to surf here. Maybe it has something to do with the time of day, and day of the week, somehow relating to how many people are on the host's server at the time. Fuck if I know.
    Last edited by Heisenberg; March 9th, 2014 at 11:51 PM.

Webmaster
    I got a virus warning as well a couple weeks ago. I contacted my host and they couldn't find anything. Are you guys still getting these messages?

I'm ok thus far, the only odd thing i noticed in looking at the code was a reference to ferreraautoparts.com
    A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.
    Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by spanishfly View Post
    I'm ok thus far, the only odd thing i noticed in looking at the code was a reference to ferreraautoparts.com
    ferreraautoparts.com is a reference to the hack we had last year, maybe some of the antivirus products that our members use on their local machines are still referencing this old connection when they happen to click on this site.

alright.

well freak, if you get a chance to make such edits, theres a little iframe tag near the end of your body section. that has the ferrerautoparts.com reference.
    A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.
    Frank Zappa

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    I got a virus warning as well a couple weeks ago. I contacted my host and they couldn't find anything. Are you guys still getting these messages?
    I still cannot access the forums from home.

I'm now working in another area at my job, so I can't really get on from there either.
    My laptop seemed to get lots of malware, each time I attempted to get on here.

Anyway, this might be why jungle hasn't been on, either....

So you might be seeing a lot less of me on here, which will be a treat for the
    Usual suspects.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    I still cannot access the forums from home.

I'm now working in another area at my job, so I can't really get on from there either.
    My laptop seemed to get lots of malware, each time I attempted to get on here.

Anyway, this might be why jungle hasn't been on, either....

So you might be seeing a lot less of me on here, which will be a treat for the
    Usual suspects.
    On the store nook again...

Spoke with nick on fb, last night.
    He's having the same issues as me.

Problems with inability to sign on and malware.
    Needs to be addressed.

Like Mike
    My virus detector used to go off like crazy each time I'd go on.
    I think I got some malware undetected, though.
    My laptop has been a piece of shit lately.

Quote Originally Posted by spanishfly View Post
    alright.

well freak, if you get a chance to make such edits, theres a little iframe tag near the end of your body section. that has the ferrerautoparts.com reference.
    just repeating this. i'm 99% sure the problem is here. if you're tech savvy, I'd suggest blocking that domain.
    Frank Zappa