Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
New VH fansite - TheMightyVanHalen.net - Page 2
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 71
  1. #11
    Band Manager
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,125
    Quote Originally Posted by thismusicsux View Post
    Well just what we all need..another VH site/blog ... right?!?!

    Well I've been toying with the idea of a site/blog that focuses mostly on the old tours and bootlegs 78-84. Posting all the boots (or at least all the ones I have). Putting up sound clips and maybe an easy way for others to find shows they don't have. Vhboots.com is super cool for all the info and boots available, but maybe this will be a way to offer download links when possible.

    Anyway... I'll post back soon when it's up so people can check out.

    Coming Soon....
    http://www.themightyvanhalen.net/
    I liked that Seattle 1979 newspaper review on your Wordpress blog. Not often you hear about DLR smashing his accoustic guitar. Wouldn't mind to find more info on the Spokane show where he passed out from exhaustion.

  2. #12
    EVH diehard ...
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    7,146
    The countdown on the link reads : 00 00 00 00 .
    Is this new site still gonna be happening ?
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

  3. #13
    Roadie
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    440
    Quote Originally Posted by rawkinrobbievh1 View Post
    The countdown on the link reads : 00 00 00 00 .
    Is this new site still gonna be happening ?
    yup. I still got a little work to do... but it's about 99% ready to go. Gonna get it updated by Mon/Tue and will post back.

    I had a hard drive scare this week. My drive with ALL VH boots on it was taking a dump and feared I'd lose everything.
    but got all the audio boots saved to new drive and most of the DVD boots. Still pain in the ass though.
    Last edited by thismusicsux; February 17th, 2014 at 12:20 AM.

  4. #14
    Roadie
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    440
    Ok the new site is up now to check out -- even though it's not 100% finished yet. Still trying to organize a few things. and debugging why some browsers are acting funky. (mostly INTERNET EXPLORER 8 and iPad are acting up, but all other browsers should be ok).

    The idea is to have a collection of VH stuff tagged by year (with accurate dates where possible) kind of a running timeline from 1978-1984. Mainly focusing on Bootlegs, but adding some Interviews, Videos, Reviews too. Will get some Club Days added as well.

    So far I've only added a couple of the more common audio bootlegs from each year -- so I'm sure most of us here already have these boots, but will add more in the coming weeks. Once everything gets cleaned up a little more, I'll probably post on some other VH sites to check out.




    http://www.themightyvanhalen.net
    Last edited by thismusicsux; February 22nd, 2014 at 05:34 PM. Reason: add link

  5. #15
    Band Manager
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know?
    Posts
    3,078
    Quote Originally Posted by thismusicsux View Post
    Ok the new site is up now to check out -- even though it's not 100% finished yet. Still trying to organize a few things. and debugging why some browsers are acting funky. (mostly INTERNET EXPLORER 8 and iPad are acting up, but all other browsers should be ok).

    The idea is to have a collection of VH stuff tagged by year (with accurate dates where possible) kind of a running timeline from 1978-1984. Mainly focusing on Bootlegs, but adding some Interviews, Videos, Reviews too. Will get some Club Days added as well.

    So far I've only added a couple of the more common audio bootlegs from each year -- so I'm sure most of us here already have these boots, but will add more in the coming weeks. Once everything gets cleaned up a little more, I'll probably post on some other VH sites to check out.




    http://www.themightyvanhalen.net
    Yeah, Baby!

  6. #16
    EVH diehard ...
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    7,146
    Congrats on the launch of your new site . No doubt , lots of us will be supporting it .
    Looks like it's going to RAWK !!!
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

  7. #17
    Roadie
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    440
    Quote Originally Posted by rawkinrobbievh1 View Post
    Congrats on the launch of your new site . No doubt , lots of us will be supporting it .
    Looks like it's going to RAWK !!!
    Thanks. I just figure it might be an easy place to date and organize the old VH stuff. I love VHND and all the forums, but sometimes hard to find something you're looking for. This site might be an extra tool for fans to find old boots, etc in a dated format...See an overview of each classic year. And might be fun to keep adding to it along the way.

    one thing I've learned so far from this... The only album where they started a Tour before the album release date (WACF).

    The other thing Van Halen II came out March 23, 1979 (which was a Friday < strange) -- but the famous Fresno opening show (Sunday 3/25) Dave says "The new album came out today..." something seems off.
    Last edited by thismusicsux; February 23rd, 2014 at 12:10 PM.

  8. #18
    EVH diehard ...
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    7,146
    We'll be checking in for sure . There's a few CVH boots that I'd like to get a copy of .
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

  9. #19
    No cheer******s allowed!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    28,415
    Quote Originally Posted by thismusicsux View Post
    Thanks. I just figure it might be an easy place to date and organize the old VH stuff. I love VHND and all the forums, but sometimes hard to find something you're looking for. This site might be an extra tool for fans to find old boots, etc in a dated format...See an overview of each classic year. And might be fun to keep adding to it along the way.

    one thing I've learned so far from this... The only album where they started a Tour before the album release date (WACF).

    The other thing Van Halen II came out March 23, 1979 (which was a Friday < strange) -- but the famous Fresno opening show (Sunday 3/25) Dave says "The new album came out today..." something seems off.
    Looks like i've got a new mistress!

    I might be biding my time on this new site, man.

    This new site has killer potential & i like the organization aspect.
    Of course, im obsessed with that era & bootlegs.

  10. #20
    Roadie
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    440
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    Looks like i've got a new mistress!

    I might be biding my time on this new site, man.

    This new site has killer potential & i like the organization aspect.
    Of course, im obsessed with that era & bootlegs.
    Cool UG. I love vhboots.com for the authority on all VH boots. But this new site could be a way for everyone to discuss and help find and trade those classic boots in an organized fashion. And also keep discussions around certain dates etc

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •