Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Webmaster

11-year old nails Eruption in concert

11 year old Aidan Fisher performed Eruption and You Really Got Me with Steel Panther on Thursday, December 19th, 2013 at the Midland Theater in Kansas City, MO.

Last edited by spanishfly; January 2nd, 2014 at 06:13 PM. Reason: edited to make video show

... I couldn't help but note right at the beginning, the A-string dive and following 'warble' - you hear the warble, but he's already let go of the bar. Recorded, I'm guessing... don't know why; looks like he can play it.
    ?
    Did I see that wrong? Have to look again.

Yawn, show me something original.

solid job. Should practice standing up though. Although I should bite my tongue, I couldn't dream of playing anywhere near that well. It's easy to criticize someone else.
    A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.
    Frank Zappa

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by spanishfly View Post
    solid job. Should practice standing up though. Although I should bite my tongue, I couldn't dream of playing anywhere near that well. It's easy to criticize someone else.
    His actions don't line up with the sound, and it sounds like the actual recording from VH is being pumped through the PA. I believe he can play it, but it's a bit weird to present him that way.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_U1S View Post
    ... I couldn't help but note right at the beginning, the A-string dive and following 'warble' - you hear the warble, but he's already let go of the bar. Recorded, I'm guessing... don't know why; looks like he can play it.
    ?
    Did I see that wrong? Have to look again.
    Good eyes, you are correct!

Either there is a slight video delay, or he was miming to something pre-recorded.
    The note was warbling between pitch & below pitch, and his hand was off the bar.

Band Manager
    Hmmm,I don't have any delay, or in sync problems on my end.Everything looks lined up when I viewed it.I don't think there's anything pre-recorded going on because it's not the album version, and he's totally playing it wrong.None the less a helleva performance by this youngster.

I'm actually working on this right now, myself.The whole thing is insane but the part right before the speed picking section should be against the law!!

EVH diehard ...
    I think it's a great thing that kids are so into VH's music . No doubt it's passed down from their proud parents , but that can only be a good thing !!! Haha .

Considering that I was just learning to tune a guitar at that age , this video is very impressive .
    This was neat to watch . Good for you , kid .
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by rawkinrobbievh1 View Post
    Considering that I was just learning to tune a guitar at that age , this video is very impressive .
    This was neat to watch . Good for you , kid .
    Yeah,I wish I started earlier (think I was fourteen),wish I was more serious about it back then as well.

No cheer******s allowed!
    I still think that kid was miming to tape...

My entire life, "Spanish Fly" trumped "Eruption" for me.
    SF just blows my fucking mind, just the way it unravels & the sheer left hand fluidity.
    Always loved the live/electric version of it, as well, on the second tour.