Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Dave TV Plus

  1. #1
    Giving Dave A Break
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Oz
    Posts
    482

    Dave TV Plus

    Dave's new youtube video for your consumption


  2. #2
    Band Manager
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,129
    I wish Daves comments were really directed at what we are seeing on those videos.
    I would have loved some real insight.

  3. #3
    Band Manager
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know?
    Posts
    3,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Incomudro View Post
    I wish Daves comments were really directed at what we are seeing on those videos.
    I would have loved some real insight.
    Yeah, that was terrible, and I love listening to Roth talk. It was Roth at his worst. "The Giraffe wants his suit back"? or whatever he said. He almost sounds senile. How he could listen back to that, and think it was funny is beyond me.

  4. #4
    No cheer******s allowed!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    28,415
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    Yeah, that was terrible, and I love listening to Roth talk. It was Roth at his worst. "The Giraffe wants his suit back"? or whatever he said. He almost sounds senile. How he could listen back to that, and think it was funny is beyond me.
    What always baffles me is how terrible these "Dave TV" things generally are.
    The guy was born with this gift, which he utilized to great effect, back when there were
    no forums (like youtube) to showcase them.

    Now he has the technology, but he's completely lost the ability to say anything
    interesting or clever, with it.

  5. #5
    Band Manager
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know?
    Posts
    3,078
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    What always baffles me is how terrible these "Dave TV" things generally are.
    The guy was born with this gift, which he utilized to great effect, back when there were
    no forums (like youtube) to showcase them.

    Now he has the technology, but he's completely lost the ability to say anything
    interesting or clever, with it.
    There is this nerd inside of Roth, that comes out under certain conditions. It's strange, because it's the opposite side of the coin from the "cool guy". In some ways it's endearing, because it humanizes him, but the nerd isn't funny. You can hear it in some of the quips he makes on the Warners demo. The desperate for attention nerd.

    I love Roth!

  6. #6
    Band Manager
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,129
    It's a missed opportunity.

    I wasn't expecting a documentary style commentary, but the comments Dave did make were so few and far between.
    They weren't funny, and they weren't insightful.
    It just dragged on...
    Beais and Butthead would have done a better job.

    By the way, even though I love Roth my most memorable Beavis and Butthead line was when they were watching the VH video Right Now and Butthead said; "Right Now." David Lee Roth is trying to convince some chick that he used to be the lead singer in Van Halen.

  7. #7
    So Dave starts singing and going up a spiral staircase to.... nowhere. I would rather he explained his ideas behind the shots, stuff that didn't work, accidents that did and why they made various decisions, etc.

    For this commentary to work, Dave should have been joined by Pete Angelus. It would have been interesting to hear both their takes on the project including the little stories that it reminds them of.

  8. #8
    Git some!
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Somewhere...
    Posts
    8,459
    I kind of wish he went more about the music.


    but then again, nothing from his solo career ever really struck me as gold, so the explanations would have been disappointing.
    Unless it were comments from Vai or someone.
    Ready, Eddie!

  9. #9
    Bop bada, shoobe doo wah
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    1,365
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    What always baffles me is how terrible these "Dave TV" things generally are.
    The guy was born with this gift, which he utilized to great effect, back when there were
    no forums (like youtube) to showcase them.

    Now he has the technology, but he's completely lost the ability to say anything
    interesting or clever, with it.
    I agree 100%. Dave was pretty much doing his "Roth Show" talky over it. Lame. He really shoulda got Vai, Sheehan and Bissionette in there.

  10. #10
    No cheer******s allowed!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    28,415
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanpday View Post
    I agree 100%. Dave was pretty much doing his "Roth Show" talky over it. Lame. He really shoulda got Vai, Sheehan and Bissionette in there.
    What's up, Ryan?

    It would be interesting to hear Sheehan & Vai's take on that stuff.
    we'd get more musical insight.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Video of Dave Being Dave / Tweets from Eddie & Wolf
    By cowboydan in forum Main Classic Van Halen Discussion Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: April 18th, 2013, 11:08 AM
  2. Dave why ................?
    By Amp in forum Main Classic Van Halen Discussion Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: April 19th, 2009, 01:05 AM
  3. If Not Dave, Then...
    By diamonddave in forum Main Classic Van Halen Discussion Forum
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: February 4th, 2009, 06:44 PM
  4. Did Dave Lie?
    By i1sum2! in forum Main Classic Van Halen Discussion Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: September 3rd, 2007, 12:03 PM
  5. New Pic of Al & Dave
    By IronicA in forum Main Classic Van Halen Discussion Forum
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: July 23rd, 2007, 09:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •