Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Could This Be It?
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Could This Be It?

Hey you guys I am a newbie around here wondering what you think. My friend sent me this picture in an emails and wondering what I'm looking at here. Could this be Eddie's real Franky? I herd Eddie is going to be showing picturs of his guitar collection in a Guitar magazine soon and I am wondering if this could be a picture of his Franky that will be in this magazine that just hit the web early?

I've seen hundreds of fan produced replicas, and I can always tell them from the real thing, but this is no Fender, and there are about a hundred things that tell me when I'm looking at the real Frank, and this pic has all of the ones I can make out from the angle! But I've never seen a pic of the real Frank at this high resolution, and it just makes me feel like its real. I can't explain better. Maybe we could see some real high quality pictures of Frank for the first time in this magazine?

Anyways, just wanted to see if you think I'm crazy or not. If anyone wants to know what the things are that make me thinking this is real, I can make a list.

Thanks Everybody!

Better
    Last edited by Sergio; December 18th, 2013 at 11:10 PM.

Roadie
    yes the Dec issue of Guitar Afficianado will have Eddie on the cover and an overview of his favorite axes out of his collection. As far as is that the real frank? Who knows.... could be. So many people (companys and private) are making that guitar now and with todays technology, its so hard to tell.

Rob

EVH diehard ...
    I'm excited to see that magazine !
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

Band Manager
    I just saw it...it isn't really all that. It is nice to have him featured, but I didn't really learn anything new from it.

Roadie
    Me either. No real good pics or info. Shoulda known.

Rob

Put in a higher Rez version of the pic I was asking about. Is this in the mag?

Band Manager
    I liked it! I never have seen the Dirty Movies SG or his Bandmaster that he wrote the 1st three albums with. of course we all wanted a three hour DVD tour of 5150, but I'l take what we can get right?
    "December 16th, the Dude abides..."

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Outtalove View Post
    I liked it! I never have seen the Dirty Movies SG or his Bandmaster that he wrote the 1st three albums with. of course we all wanted a three hour DVD tour of 5150, but I'l take what we can get right?
    True...the Bandmaster picture and the info about it was a real revelation.

Hi Chaps.

Just joined in order to clear this up: the above is a replica I made - it's known as QuiGonStein on halen.com, owned by QuiGonFishing over on that forum.
    That particular photo is a beauty shot he took of it not too long back (he's had it completed and in his possession for almost 2 years now).

Thanks for the confusion; I take that as high compliments, as it was an intense replica process, meant to nudge up as close as possible to the real thing.

Questions etc. fire away.

Cheers
    -Steve

Roadie
    Steve what's up bro. Welcome to classic halen man. Great site and people over here too. I wondered if that was your creation. I'm not on halen.com a ton but enough to make the pic familiar.

Welcome aboard bro.

Rob (5150Rob on halen.com)