Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Are VH recording a new cd for 2014 ? - Page 18
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    No cheer******s allowed!
    I think 1234 meant, stylistically, they were pretty much a "big rock/hard rock" band on the first five.
    The departure tunes, like Big Bad Bill, were kinda there as filler tracks or little intermissions.
    The meat of each record was mainly the "big rock" tunes.

Though i do hear tonal variations on the first six, Eddie still sounded like HIS sound.
    It always was "brown."
    It might be brighter or darker, but it was still that early VH sound.

By 5150, it was a totally new thing.
    1984 had the last traces of that signature EVH tone.

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    I think 1234 meant, stylistically, they were pretty much a "big rock/hard rock" band on the first five.
    The departure tunes, like Big Bad Bill, were kinda there as filler tracks or little intermissions.
    The meat of each record was mainly the "big rock" tunes.

Though i do hear tonal variations on the first six, Eddie still sounded like HIS sound.
    It always was "brown."
    It might be brighter or darker, but it was still that early VH sound.

By 5150, it was a totally new thing.
    1984 had the last traces of that signature EVH tone.
    I agree. I guess my whole point was, in addition to the Brothers' tone chasing, VH were always adding wrinkles to their game each album. Basically taking different styles and "Halenizing" them.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    I agree. I guess my whole point was, in addition to the Brothers' tone chasing, VH were always adding wrinkles to their game each album. Basically taking different styles and "Halenizing" them.
    Definitely.

They were pretty clever in the outside bits that they used.
    There is definitely variation on each record, though sometimes i just wanted
    another "Sinner's Swing!" instead of a "Sunday in the park."
    But it all made sense, in the end.

Only a little tardy
    I dunno, as cool as Sunday Afternoon in the Park is I actually would have enjoyed another rocker like "Sinner's Swing" and maybe "One Foot out the Door" extended.
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

Band Manager
    I wanna hear Wolf ADD something to the sound. I'm not saying it to fan any "Wolf vs. Mike" wars, I just think it's reasonable at this point to expect him to add his own flavor to the mix. The band had a sound with MA, and it's time for Wolf to add at least as much as MA did. For the amount of criticism MA receives concerning his musicianship, Wolf (the son of the great Edward Van Halen!), should be able to match Mike's contributions, if not vocally, then instrumentally.

I think he will, and I wouldn't be surprised if they come up with something to showcase him a little on the next album.

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick AVH fan View Post
    I dunno, as cool as Sunday Afternoon in the Park is I actually would have enjoyed another rocker like "Sinner's Swing" and maybe "One Foot out the Door" extended.
    Aw man, love "Sunday"! So ominous and Al's drums sound killer on it, particularly the hats. Keep it and add another rocker, since the album is only 31 minutes lol.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Only a little tardy
    They could have kept it in, but another song would have been great.
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    Definitely.

They were pretty clever in the outside bits that they used.
    There is definitely variation on each record, though sometimes i just wanted
    another "Sinner's Swing!" instead of a "Sunday in the park."
    But it all made sense, in the end.
    UG, you have tits in your signature, and they are not Katy Perry's!

Git some!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    I wanna hear Wolf ADD something to the sound. I'm not saying it to fan any "Wolf vs. Mike" wars, I just think it's reasonable at this point to expect him to add his own flavor to the mix. The band had a sound with MA, and it's time for Wolf to add at least as much as MA did. For the amount of criticism MA receives concerning his musicianship, Wolf (the son of the great Edward Van Halen!), should be able to match Mike's contributions, if not vocally, then instrumentally.

I think he will, and I wouldn't be surprised if they come up with something to showcase him a little on the next album.
    They should have put his pipes higher up in the mix or something. It's like they're barely there and Dave just buries him. Wolf does a few basslines, but I think he'd rather stay in the pocket.
    Ready, Eddie!

Git some!
    Shut up, Noyd/Mezro/whatever you decide to call yourself today.
    Ready, Eddie!