Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Kiss - Page 10
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Kiss

I know the law, friend.
    You mean you guys just realized that Barack is Tom? C'mon man, that's old news.
    "I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboydan View Post
    You mean you guys just realized that Barack is Tom? C'mon man, that's old news.
    I had never paid him the slightest attention, and never heard him speak prior to this, but he laid it out really well.

It could have sucked, and just been a fumbling introduction from guys too cool to show passion, and too shitty at public speaking to have any kind of impact, like Van Halen's from Velvet Revolver.

I know the law, friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    I had never paid him the slightest attention, and never heard him speak prior to this, but he laid it out really well.

It could have sucked, and just been a fumbling introduction from guys too cool to show passion, and too shitty at public speaking to have any kind of impact, like Van Halen's from Velvet Revolver.
    Agreed. He's a Harvard grad like Obama, too. I've always like Morello & Rage Against the Machine. Good guy, true fan and creative player.
    -David Lee Roth-

No cheer******s allowed!
    I'm watching the TMS episode with Peter Criss, and what a cool guy he seems to be.
    I love his story about hooking up with Ace, after Peter's book had come out.
    Right there, it speaks volumes about Peter and Ace's character.
    And i always liked the way Peter talked, and his laugh.
    Just a cool & humble dude, despite his success & influence.

Also, that drummer guesting in the episode, is fucking incredible!
    Who the hell is he?
    They mentioned he's on Howard Stern?
    I love his set, too.

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    I'm watching the TMS episode with Peter Criss, and what a cool guy he seems to be.
    I love his story about hooking up with Ace, after Peter's book had come out.
    Right there, it speaks volumes about Peter and Ace's character.
    And i always liked the way Peter talked, and his laugh.
    Just a cool & humble dude, despite his success & influence.

Also, that drummer guesting in the episode, is fucking incredible!
    Who the hell is he?
    They mentioned he's on Howard Stern?
    I love his set, too.
    Hmmm, I kinda got bored with what the guy was playing as the show went on, although he obviously is good. Spot on with what u said about Peter though.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    Hmmm, I kinda got bored with what the guy was playing as the show went on, although he obviously is good. Spot on with what u said about Peter though.
    Peter had the best laugh, because it was really sincere.
    You could tell he was an easy-going & fun, kinda dude.
    There was no pretense with the guy, he had a genuine quality.

Yeah, that drummer was great, but at times, he seemed a bit robotic.
    Just watched the Lita Ford one, where she is guest guitarist.
    Man, she was just awful!

Only a little tardy
    That drummer was Richard Christy who is famous for being the drummer for Iced Earth and Death.
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    Peter had the best laugh, because it was really sincere.
    You could tell he was an easy-going & fun, kinda dude.
    There was no pretense with the guy, he had a genuine quality.

Yeah, that drummer was great, but at times, he seemed a bit robotic.
    Just watched the Lita Ford one, where she is guest guitarist.
    Man, she was just awful!
    Yeah, haha, she was pretty bad. Actually, I think the best guest player they've had was Billy Sheehan. Both times I've seen him play on the show, he's just been phenomenal AND interesting. Most of the guitarists, and even the drummers, seem really repetitive and uninventive placed in the live setting of the show, but Sheehan, man...

Peter seems like a genuinely nice guy that could hang out with anyone at any time.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Band Manager
    Yeah,Billy was great.I also enjoyed Steve Stevens...he was great,too.So was Paul Gilbert.On the last episodes of the season,Malmsteen was his usual shredding self.It was cool to see.
    I see no one has used Ed' amp since he donated it to the show.Wonder who got to take that home?

I know the law, friend.
    ACE FREHLEY's Pre-KISS Acetate Discovered In Upstate New York Barn

April 21, 2014 1 Comments
    Share1 Tweet0 0 Share4
    ACE FREHLEY's Pre-KISS Acetate Discovered In Upstate New York Barn

According to The Pulse Of Radio, some KISS fans are already calling the recent discovery of Ace Frehley's pre-KISS demos the Holy Grail of rock. The 1971 demo acetate for RCA Records from Frehley's band MOLIMO was reportedly discovered in barn in upstate New York.

The Village Voice reported record collector Chris Reisman had been tipped off to a "barn full of 10-to-20,000 records," with the owner unaware of what was in the collection. Reisman explained: "I went up there every Tuesday for a month straight. I was able to get through everything, and in the last wall unit's last shelf of records was a corner full of test presses and acetates and it was in there. At the time, I had no clue what it was, but I just bought them all."

After Frehley split with MOLIMO, they changed their name to TOMORROW MORNING and in 1974 released on single on KISS' original label, Casablanca Records. Reisman currently has the MOLIMO acetate up for sale on eBay with the going price as The Pulse Of Radio went to press up to $3,100.

Backstage earlier this month at the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame induction ceremony in Brooklyn, The Pulse Of Radio asked Ace Frehley what he ultimately thinks KISS will be remembered for. "Well, I think it's an obvious question; it's the makeup, it's the costume, it's the fantastic show that we created," he said. "And as it evolved over the years, it only got bigger and I think that's what we're gonna be remembered for. And the music, of course!"

Ace Frehley's first new album in five years, called "Space Invader", will be released on June 24.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ace...4Tmik8s6DDG.99
    -David Lee Roth-