Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Kiss - Page 7
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 144

Thread: Kiss

  1. #61
    No cheer******s allowed!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    28,415
    Quote Originally Posted by PrideofPasadena View Post
    Sounds like a cool one UG! Surprised they didn't do a full mag devoted too them.


    The whole thing just got more confusing.Trunk said yesterday on the show that the HOF didn't want the original lineup to perform.That makes no sense.Since the newer members aren't being inducted (which they shouldn't be) why would they want them playing? Sounds like the hall is just taking the heat for Gene and Paul.
    Ace said the HOF wanted the original lineup, only.

    You're right, it makes no sense.
    What do they want?
    The Crazy Nights lineup?

    These rock 'n rollers become so stupid, the older they get.
    A bunch of spoiled, rich divas.

  2. #62
    Only a little tardy
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,479
    Hall of What??
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

  3. #63
    Band Manager
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,717
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    Ace said the HOF wanted the original lineup, only.

    You're right, it makes no sense.
    What do they want?
    The Crazy Nights lineup?

    These rock 'n rollers become so stupid, the older they get.
    A bunch of spoiled, rich divas.
    I think it went down how Ace said.Now,the hall is trying to take as much of the heat as they can.

    It's funny,when you're older there's supposed to be more reflection...it's coming to an end, type of thing.Doesn't seem to work that way in rock and roll.
    It just becomes even more sad when it's an event like this.The fans dont' get to enjoy it like they deserve to.

  4. #64
    Band Manager
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know?
    Posts
    3,078
    Quote Originally Posted by PrideofPasadena View Post
    I think it went down how Ace said.Now,the hall is trying to take as much of the heat as they can.

    It's funny,when you're older there's supposed to be more reflection...it's coming to an end, type of thing
    .Doesn't seem to work that way in rock and roll.
    It just becomes even more sad when it's an event like this.The fans dont' get to enjoy it like they deserve to.
    I wonder if it can work the other way too though. Like "that was just a small portion of my life, I've become close to so many more people, and those guys were just passing through". I have kind begun to feel that about some people in my own life. That maybe all we really had in common was we were growing up in the same vicinity.
    When you read about KISS, you start to understand that the guys on stage were just part of a team. Maybe Gene was closer to the long time lighting guy, than to Peter? Maybe Paul preferred hanging with the choreographer and partied with the truck driver more than with Ace? Over 40 years, those relationships might not seem so intense, and Ace and Peter weren't around much for the last 30.
    Last edited by 1234over; March 3rd, 2014 at 03:16 AM.

  5. #65
    No cheer******s allowed!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    28,415
    But how can you forget the people that were part of your team, when you were at zero?

    Ace & Peter were there, in that roach infested loft, trying out different ideas & hammering it out.
    Those four guys shared something special, and they all achieved the goal as a team.

    Tommy Thayer & Bruce Kulick weren't part of that.

    I understand moving past old friendships, but none of us have achieved what KISS has, as a band.
    There's a bond there, despite the pettiness, that none of us will truly understand.

  6. #66
    Band Manager
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,717
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    I wonder if it can work the other way too though. Like "that was just a small portion of my life, I've become close to so many more people, and those guys were just passing through". I have kind begun to feel that about some people in my own life. That maybe all we really had in common was we were growing up in the same vicinity.
    When you read about KISS, you start to understand that the guys on stage were just part of a team. Maybe Gene was closer to the long time lighting guy, than to Peter? Maybe Paul preferred hanging with the choreographer and partied with the truck driver more than with Ace? Over 40 years, those relationships might not seem so intense, and Ace and Peter weren't around much for the last 30.
    It totally can work the other way.I think it probably happens more often than not,honestly.
    When it comes down to it,there were strong personalities that just couldn't mesh.Like you eluded to,just gives me the feeling they were never that tight to begin with.

    UG made a good point, as well,the life of a regular person is one thing,but when you're part of something that is bigger than yourself (or the band in this case),I do believe you have a responsibility to your fans.It seems like when artists want a payday they have no problem reuniting,or coming out of retirement for long tours.But when they're being honored for achievements they seem less interested.Special events made for fan appreciation often go unappreciated by the performer....disappointing.
    If you can tolerate someone for a tour, I think you can endure through three days of rehearsal and a ceremony.

  7. #67
    Band Manager
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know?
    Posts
    3,078
    I think it's a sham that Ace and Peter aren't invited to play. I think the HoF is a tourist trap anyway. I just wanted to put a different perspective out there. Of course they should be considering the fans. They can't help it, they're assholes.

    I actually think the HoF would rather KISS didn't play, because if there was a reunion, and the originals played, they would overshadow any other performers, and probably ruin the night for any other inductees. KISS fans would just overtake the building (willing to pay ANY price to get in), because as I have said before, this "legitimizes" KISS fans as much as the band, and their are plenty of KISS fans that have felt marginalized most of their lives, and wouldn't miss it for the world.

  8. #68
    Band Manager
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,717
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    I think it's a sham that Ace and Peter aren't invited to play. I think the HoF is a tourist trap anyway. I just wanted to put a different perspective out there. Of course they should be considering the fans. They can't help it, they're assholes.

    I actually think the HoF would rather KISS didn't play, because if there was a reunion, and the originals played, they would overshadow any other performers, and probably ruin the night for any other inductees. KISS fans would just overtake the building (willing to pay ANY price to get in), because as I have said before, this "legitimizes" KISS fans as much as the band, and their are plenty of KISS fans that have felt marginalized most of their lives, and wouldn't miss it for the world.
    If they weren't invited,I agree,a complete injustice!

    When it comes to a people performing at the event,you're probably right,it doesn't benefit the Hall that much.Plus,it's always been other performers playing inductee songs anyway,they really don't need any inductee to perform.

    I just don't think there is an understanding of how important things like this are to the fans.Especially,in this case,you have an army!!
    It's just become a joke every year with inductees,this drama,that drama,it all seems so selfish.Most say they're appreciative but I think it's more likely they could care less.The ones who have lost their careers,or were never big....a totally different understanding.

  9. #69
    Band Manager
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know?
    Posts
    3,078
    Quote Originally Posted by PrideofPasadena View Post
    If they weren't invited,I agree,a complete injustice!

    When it comes to a people performing at the event,you're probably right,it doesn't benefit the Hall that much.Plus,it's always been other performers playing inductee songs anyway,they really don't need any inductee to perform.

    I just don't think there is an understanding of how important things like this are to the fans.Especially,in this case,you have an army!!
    It's just become a joke every year with inductees,this drama,that drama,it all seems so selfish.Most say they're appreciative but I think it's more likely they could care less.The ones who have lost their careers,or were never big....a totally different understanding.
    I think most of the musicians that have been famous, and successful for most of their lives, have pretty much realized that rock and roll stardom is a myth (the guys that buy in to it usually die). They seem to view fans with contempt, and just tolerate them, or only wanna deal with them while "on the clock". "Contempt for the audience" seems to be a coping mechanism that develops when a person is idolized on a mass scale. It might be the only way to maintain sanity.

  10. #70
    Band Manager
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,717
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    I think most of the musicians that have been famous, and successful for most of their lives, have pretty much realized that rock and roll stardom is a myth (the guys that buy in to it usually die). They seem to view fans with contempt, and just tolerate them, or only wanna deal with them while "on the clock". "Contempt for the audience" seems to be a coping mechanism that develops when a person is idolized on a mass scale. It might be the only way to maintain sanity.
    Yeah,I wonder if anyone has ever done a scientific study on this topic? There does seem to be some truth that the famous develop some kind of complex when the fame reaches a high level.
    I gotta admit,I'd probably be a different person if I was hawked by paparazzi 24/7.I woulda definitely had some Sean Penn moments.
    How your raised has to be a big factor.Ed is a cool guy with the fans.But for every Ed there's a Yngwie.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Kiss
    By i1sum2! in forum House of Music
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: October 27th, 2011, 01:31 PM
  2. The new KISS song...
    By unchainedguitars in forum House of Music
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: July 25th, 2010, 03:37 AM
  3. KISS 2nd time around
    By shiba_girl in forum Non-VH Related Stuff
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: October 4th, 2009, 10:13 PM
  4. Kiss: Alive!
    By Mean Street in forum House of Music
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: May 7th, 2008, 08:25 AM
  5. KISS MY BLARNEYSTONE!
    By i1sum2! in forum Non-VH Related Stuff
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 17th, 2005, 01:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •