Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Kiss - Page 5
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Kiss

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    I love when Tom mentioned Gene played the Bass guitar (pronouncing it like the fish).
    Without missing a beat, Ace said he played the trout.
    I need to check out the rest of the interview..

I'm no fan of Kiss's music, but I'm interested in their dramas and interviews and all of that gossy stuff.

EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    Never thought I'd see someone get more hysterical over their own joke than Bill Russell.. Reminds me of the cartoon of the Joker.

Gene looked pissed, haha.
    Gene was teed off . Paul saw the humor in some of the antics . Both of those guys are considered to be "Rock Gods" , yet they come across as calculated and sterile . No fun at all . Ace and Peter were classic ..

Gene and Paul said there will be no performance at all.
    A news blurb on tv said that KISS wouldn't perform at the ceremony , because they "couldn't decide on a lineup" . Yeah , Okay . Haha

Quote Originally Posted by cowboydan View Post
    Who do they think they are...............Van Halen??
    LOL !
    Not quite the induction party we expected . For either band ....
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

EVH diehard ...

I'm no fan of Kiss's music, but I'm interested in their dramas and interviews and all of that gossy stuff.
    Look up the entire clip . Some funny stuff
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

Gene takes a lot of heat from the fans for the way Kiss does business, but in reality its Paul Stanley that runs the show. Paul seems to be butthurt over the things that were said in Ace and Peter's books. Its sad I don't think anyone expected another reunion but playing a couple of songs at the ceremony wouldn't kill them. I think they know if they did that no one is going to buy the farse they keep putting out there parading Thayer and Singer out there impersonating original members.

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by rawkinrobbievh1 View Post
    Look up the entire clip . Some funny stuff
    I did it... Gene is a tool.

Band Manager

Did you see this one I posted a bit back? I can't think of any other interviews that show tension between Gene and Paul. I didn't notice it at first, but after Gene stops Paul to complain, I went back and can see how Stanley is fucking with Simmons.

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    Did you see this one I posted a bit back? I can't think of any other interviews that show tension between Gene and Paul. I didn't notice it at first, but after Gene stops Paul to complain, I went back and can see how Stanley is fucking with Simmons.

Yeah, I remember you posting this.

I can understand now why everyone loves Ace... Just seems like a great guy (not related to this video).

No cheer******s allowed!
    Yeah, I remember you posting this.

I can understand now why everyone loves Ace... Just seems like a great guy (not related to this video).
    I feel for Gene in that clip, Paul is obviously upset with him.

Around 'Animalize', Gene got into doing movies, and Paul never really forgave him for that.
    Gene has admitted it and apologized in various things, he has acknowledged he abandoned Kiss
    and Paul stepped up, yet Paul seems to still harbor a grudge.

I feel almost like Paul is the real prick in Kiss.
    With Gene, a lot of it is him just trying to play the part of the money hungry sell-out.
    But there are more times, in interviews, where Gene seems a bit less uptight.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    I feel for Gene in that clip, Paul is obviously upset with him.

Around 'Animalize', Gene got into doing movies, and Paul never really forgave him for that.
    Gene has admitted it and apologized in various things, he has acknowledged he abandoned Kiss
    and Paul stepped up, yet Paul seems to still harbor a grudge.

I feel almost like Paul is the real prick in Kiss.
    With Gene, a lot of it is him just trying to play the part of the money hungry sell-out.
    But there are more times, in interviews, where Gene seems a bit less uptight.
    I'm guessing they are both "difficult", but then aged rock stars all seem to be pampered divas, that loath their bandmates.

I get the impression that they were arguing just prior to this video, and Stanley decided to get pissy. Just from what we see, I can understand why Simmons confronted him. Like I said, I have never seen footage of open conflict between these guys, so this really surprised me. I watched a few other interviews from this period (1994), and they both seem kinda bored and disinterested.
    Last edited by 1234over; February 24th, 2014 at 03:24 AM.

Love ya moms......
    Just sad how far they've came from being 4 hungry guys from the streets of NYC to this. Id love to see Ace and Peter put together a KISS tribute band and get some joey potatoes off the street to play Gene and Paul. Gene would slap em with a lawsuit so fast it wouldn't be funny.