Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Kiss - Page 3
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Kiss

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by CalFB View Post
    Is that the Sydney Opera House gig DVD? It's a cool gig, although Brian Downey was too wasted to play, so they had to fly in another drummer. Phil looks really wasted too, but seems to get through the gig OK. Gary just blazes.
    Yeah, it's called "The boys are back in town, 1978", and it's from Australia.

Great show, except for vhfanjack screaming, "do Whiskey in the jar!," throughout the entire set.

I know the law, friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by CalFB View Post
    Is that the Sydney Opera House gig DVD? It's a cool gig, although Brian Downey was too wasted to play, so they had to fly in another drummer. Phil looks really wasted too, but seems to get through the gig OK. Gary just blazes.
    I love that concert!! Cowboy Song sounds so great:

"I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    I bought this book super cheap, used on Amazon. It's great!

The guitar is an Epiphone...they are pretty ugly to me. They play pretty well though. Ace can pull off any guitar though, because he is one of the coolest looking cats of all time.

The fact that Ace and EVH both played single cut LP Jr's has me dreaming about finding one somehow.
    Read more of the book tonight, and it turns out the guitar was not an Epiphone, but an Ovation
    Breadwinner.
    Paul used it too, judging by those '73 studio shots.

Later, Ace get's new gear and what looks like a Gibson LP Standard, yet he still breaks out
    the Ovation Breadwinner in rehearsal shots!

He must have liked it.

Really dig these vintage live shots, where Ace has the silver hair!

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    Read more of the book tonight, and it turns out the guitar was not an Epiphone, but an Ovation
    Breadwinner.
    Paul used it too, judging by those '73 studio shots.

Later, Ace get's new gear and what looks like a Gibson LP Standard, yet he still breaks out
    the Ovation Breadwinner in rehearsal shots!

He must have liked it.

Really dig these vintage live shots, where Ace has the silver hair!
    I thought you were referring to this guitar

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...87-465-420.jpg an Epiphone Coronet

He played them later too...
    http://www.acefrehleylespaul.com/files/other__75.jpg

I have played a Breadwinner, they are kinda ridiculous, but of course Ace can pull it off! Ovation electrics are pretty nice, and I used to have a 335-style Ovation Toronado. They didn't make them very long (late 60's-early 70's), but I regret selling it because it would be worth some good dough now.
    Last edited by 1234over; February 6th, 2014 at 02:44 AM.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    I thought you were referring to this guitar

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...87-465-420.jpg an Epiphone Coronet

He played them later too...
    http://www.acefrehleylespaul.com/files/other__75.jpg

I have played a Breadwinner, they are kinda ridiculous, but of course Ace can pull it off! Ovation electrics are pretty nice, and I used to have a 335-style Ovation Toronado. They didn't make them very long (late 60's-early 70's), but I regret selling it because it would be worth some good dough now.
    I was speaking of the part of the book where they are recording in 1973, and the series of black & white
    studio photos that accompany it.

Those pictures are amazing!
    Ace has the two day stubble, and he's laying down a track with the white Ovation.
    Then there's Paul, sitting on a stool, recording with a LP Black beauty.

I had never seen those shots before, so i wasn't expecting it.

Band Manager

Not sure if everyone has seen the 1976 Peaches record store appearance footage. It's not really that exciting, but yet somewhat interesting. It is about four minutes of silent footage , ( with Do You Love Me playing ), and you can clearly tell that Ace is drunk. He kinda stumbles out of the limo holding a bottle of wine, then later as they leave seems to be held up by his assistant.

Here is the link. I couldnt copy the YouTube url as it is blocked in my country, but could watch it embedded on this page. It is unusual that it is on a identity theft security site, but found it through Google while searching for pictures.

http://www.identitytheftshieldgold.c...-atlanta-1976/

Last edited by Heisenberg; February 7th, 2014 at 05:45 AM. Reason: add picture

EVH diehard ...
    The old KISS stuff is fantastic !!!
    I always get a kick out of Ace's drunken antics . That Tom Snyder interview w/the whole band was off the hook . Ace's comments and laugh totally made the whole segment
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

? ? ? ?
    Went and seen a KISS tribute band called "Mr Speed" and thought I'd share my pics with you all.Mr Speed will be on AXS TV in April playing at the Whisky A Go-Go.IMG_20131109_203218_780.jpgIMG_20131109_203303_984.jpgIMG_20131109_203324_671.jpgIMG_20131109_203730_331.jpgIMG_20131109_203721_777.jpg
    Here is a video from this past Friday of them playing "The Hard Rock Cafe" in Cleveland Ohio. I apoligize for my shakey hand.

Why behave in public if your living on a playground?

EVH diehard ...
    Those shots are really good !
    I've seen a few KISS tribute bands in my city . Always a fun night out . Ha
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmooth67 View Post
    [COLOR="#008000"][B]Went and seen a KISS tribute band called "Mr Speed" and thought I'd share my pics. Here is a video from this past Friday of them playing "The Hard Rock Cafe" in Cleveland Ohio. I apoligize for my shakey hand.
    That was kinda cool. I'm not really a fan of tribute bands, and never seen one before, but noticed these guys before while scrolling through YouTube for KISS video's. They look surprisingly ok. It reminded me of those KISS Kruise videos. Half of KISS nowdays is a tribute anyways, so these guys aint half bad.

Your filmwork was fine. The guitars should of been louder. I wonder if they did any rare songs.