Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
KISS buys Arena Football League team
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
    Love ya moms......

KISS buys Arena Football League team

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...123816031.html

So here's an unusual little story: KISS, the multimedia corporate product-spewing behemoth that used to be a rock band, has gone and bought its very own professional football team. In Los Angeles, no less. Sure, it's in the Arena League, but Angelenos can't be choosers these days.

All right, let's get all the jokes out of the way at once. Deep breath:

The team, set to start play next March in Detroit Rock City Los Angeles, will run a nontraditional offense: not the pistol, not the shotgun, the Love Gun. Players will be encouraged to rock and roll all night and party ev-uh-ree day. Following every touchdown, the team will go for a deuce. They'll keep the visitors' locker room hotter than hell. Team physician? Why, Dr. Love, of course.

The team will be dubbed — no, this is not part of the joke — the L.A. KISS. And their helmet designs are going to be amazing (and, no doubt, for sale everywhere at a reasonable price). As incentive, the band will play a private concert for season-ticket holders.

"As a fast-paced, high-action band, this partnership with the AFL was an obvious fit for us," Gene Simmons said in a statement. "With Arena Football, you are much closer to the action - sitting in the front row is like putting a folding chair on the hash mark of an NFL game – and it’s one of the only sports where you can experience this level of intensity. Attending an LA KISS game in 2014 will be similar to a live KISS show, with thrilling, heart-pounding action."

"The whole idea of an alternative to what has perhaps become a corporate sport is very intriguing, and resonates with us," Paul Stanley added. "We've always tried to be a band that relates to everybody, and the AFL is built on that whole premise."

Want in? There's already a website: LA Kiss Football. Get in early! And our pals over at For The Win have already mocked up some uniforms, which are an absolute delight. See 'em here.

So, yeah, if we were going to make a list of bands that would purchase a football team, KISS would be at positions one through five. Question for you, then: who's the next musician to buy a pro team? Snoop Lion? Kid Rock? The Bieb? The floor is yours.

EVH diehard ...
    Bon Jovi are the owners of a football team in New Jersey , i believe . That struck me as odd .
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

Band Manager
    Jamie Gertz and her husband are big sharholders in the investment firm that bought the Milwaulkee Brewers.

still-standing-lo.jpg

Love ya moms......
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Jamie Gertz and her husband are big sharholders in the investment firm that bought the Milwaulkee Brewers.

still-standing-lo.jpg
    This is the same Jamie Gertz that was in Crossroads with Ralph Macchio im assuming.
    I Never knew she had such a big rack.

TPS Reports
    Have any of you been to an Arena Football game? I wen't once back in 1993 or 1994 in St. Louis. We were STARVING for an NFL team and the best we could bet was an Arena team. It was kind of fun, but not really. Unless you like football games with the score of 76-66, it ain't good.

Kind of like the home run derby before the All Star game. After the first few home runs, its boring.
    Go RAMS!

Love ya moms......
    Quote Originally Posted by JONEZY View Post
    Have any of you been to an Arena Football game? I wen't once back in 1993 or 1994 in St. Louis. We were STARVING for an NFL team and the best we could bet was an Arena team. It was kind of fun, but not really. Unless you like football games with the score of 76-66, it ain't good.

Kind of like the home run derby before the All Star game. After the first few home runs, its boring.
    Ive been to one once and felt pretty much like you about them. Ive also tried to watch some of them on TV and it just dosnt hold my attention.
    At least its not as bad as the WNBA though.

Band Manager
    I woulda held out and invested in the NFL team myself....when one eventually comes back to town.But Gene has to be in complete control,so I guess Arena football would be more his speed.Can't believe they've been this long with out a team.