Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Van Halen @ Superbowl 2014 !!!! - Page 3
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    They would definitely play "Jump", but no way in Hell would they lip sync it.
    "Jump" would be a given . I'd be stunned if they didn't play it , or at least as part of a medley that incorporated the chorus of VH's most famous hit .

All too many of those types of "international" shows feature the lip sync and pre-recorded tracks . It's not about the band's talent (in THIS case) , but a logistical move by the money men and shareholders ...

I don't think VH would half ass it , but the possibility is there . Look at the prior half time shows and awards ceremonies !
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by rawkinrobbievh1 View Post
    "Jump" would be a given . I'd be stunned if they didn't play it , or at least as part of a medley that incorporated the chorus of VH's most famous hit .

All too many of those types of "international" shows feature the lip sync and pre-recorded tracks . It's not about the band's talent (in THIS case) , but a logistical move by the money men and shareholders ...

I don't think VH would half ass it , but the possibility is there . Look at the prior half time shows and awards ceremonies !
    Well, I didnt watch them, but Aeroshit and the Who didnt lip sync, did they? I'd be amazed if they did. Well, maybe not amazed if the band formerly known as Aerosmith did...
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

EVH diehard ...
    Well, I didnt watch them, but Aeroshit and the Who didnt lip sync, did they? I'd be amazed if they did. Well, maybe not amazed if the band formerly known as Aerosmith did...
    To be perfectly honest , i'm not sure if they did or not . I'm referring to Aerosmith .
    Britney , however, is known for it . As gorgeous as i think she used to be - her act was all show and no substance .
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

Only a little tardy
    The Who supposedly did.
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick AVH fan View Post
    The Who supposedly did.
    WOW. I am genuinely shocked, and disappointed, if this is true.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Band Manager
    No fucking way, The Who did not lip synch at the Superbowl. If they did, Roger Daltrey would of sounded much better.

Neither did Aerosmith, they rocked the place. I thought Britney looked kinda yummy back then. I like the way they gave her the " ..down on the muffin...." line from Walk This Way. Heh, heh.

KISS put on quite the spectacle as well. Loved those cheerleeders.

Many consider Prince's performance to be the best of all, and I wouldnt disagree.

No idea why people assume a Superbowl performance would be lipsynched. Artists that normally lipsynch will do so, but the real rock legends play live like usual. I dont think the NFL or event organizers stipulate anything in particular, although at times there have been abreviated versions of songs that may appear to be a medley.

Van Halen should definetly do this show. It is their audience. They dont need to do Jump, but it would be stupid not too. It is a great tune, very upbeat and energetic. Perfect for this show. Unchained and Panama could be good picks for the other two songs, as well as EVH doing the Eruption solo just like the album, as it is so short.
    Last edited by Heisenberg; August 18th, 2013 at 11:29 PM.

Yours truly, As Is
    Yeah, thanks Hberg, there was no lipsyncing by the Who there. But, forgive my ignorance, I guess I didnt realize they played the SB AFTER The Ox's death...

F**k, if KISS of all bands, played the SB, then there's no reason why VH hasnt. It really doesnt matter to me that much one way or the other, but really, VH is just as deserving as anybody they've had in the last few years. Despite all the idiots at another VH site to remain nameless that love to minimize VH's impact on music. Dickheads...

TPS Reports
    Well I would definitely watch the halftime show if Van Halen did it. They would play 3 songs, maybe a shortened version of 1 of them. But they would have to end with "Jump", and I'm not to excited about that.
    Go RAMS!

? ? ? ?
    Well the results are in and the halftime performance is....... ((((Bruno Mars!)))). Never heard of them thats for sure.I guess thats what I get for listening only to good ole rock&roll

Tracy Morgan said it best "We changed man bands into boy bands...We need to change that back"
    Last edited by MrSmooth67; September 8th, 2013 at 05:27 PM.
    Why behave in public if your living on a playground?

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmooth67 View Post
    Well the results are in and the halftime performance is....... ((((Bruno Mars!)))). Never heard of them thats for sure.I guess thats what I get for listening only to good ole rock&roll

Tracy Morgan said it best "We changed man bands into boy bands...We need to change that back"
    It's one guy, not a band.

My sister & my 9 year old niece went to his concert, recently.
    That should tell you what kind of music he plays...