Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Sammy Rips Dave...
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Like Mike

Sammy Rips Dave...

According to The Pulse Of Radio, Sammy Hagar says that nearly a decade after last performing with VAN HALEN, he's happy to let his run in the band stay in the past. On September 24, Hagar releases his star-studded solo set, called "Sammy Hagar & Friends". Among the high-profile guest performers and/or writers are Hagar's CHICKENFOOT bandmates Michael Anthony, Chad Smith, and Joe Satriani, along with Kid Rock, Ronnie Dunn, JOURNEY's Neal Schon, HEART's Nancy Wilson and various members of MONTROSE. The album will feature covers of BOB SEGER's "Ramblin' Gamblin' Man" and DEPECHE MODE's "Personal Jesus".

Hagar spoke to Rolling Stone and when asked if he would ever consider dueting with former touring partner and fellow VAN HALEN frontman David Lee Roth, Hagar said, "It's so hard! Because, probably, if he came to me, fuck yeah. I'll do anything. But to go to him and put myself in that vulnerable position, I would get probably the wisest fucking crack that ever came out of his mouth. I don't think Dave wants to sing with me. I don't think Dave wants to be in the same room with me, to be honest with you. I don't know if I intimidate him or if I piss him off or if he just flat don't like me, or if he's afraid of me. I don't know what it is, but he and I do not get together. We tried. I gave it every shot I had on that tour. And I could care less. I mean, I'm totally over the guy."

Hagar couldn't let the VAN HALEN subject go, adding: "As a matter of fact, the whole idea of VAN HALEN people ask me all the time, 'What if Eddie [Van Halen] called you up and asked you to be back in that?' I just hope he doesn't do that. I'm so past it, and I'm so happy and proud of what we did, I wouldn't want to tarnish it again like that '04 tour. And now what they're doing, acting like I was never in that band, just playing all that early material. . . How can they do that? But Dave can't sing it, so what the fuck. It is what it is, and I'd just as soon let it be. Let them finish it off in their own way, and whatever happens, it's all good. I would love to be friends with those guys. Michael Anthony is one of my dearest friends, and I don't see why Ed and Al [Van Halen] shouldn't be that, someday, in our lives. But until then, it's all fine."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sam...wW1qZvGderY.99

Band Manager
    He can't seem to understand that it was two different bands, that went by the same name.
    Last edited by 1234over; August 15th, 2013 at 12:23 PM. Reason: spelling error

Band Manager
    Yeah, he's so over it...

Yeah, Ok.

TPS Reports
    A glancing blow at best by Sammy. Nothing we haven't heard before.
    Go RAMS!

EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by JONEZY View Post
    A glancing blow at best by Sammy. Nothing we haven't heard before.
    Exactly .

Nothing to see here , folks . Move along ...
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

Only a little tardy
    To be fair, the interviewers do keep asking him about it...
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick AVH fan View Post
    They really do . That's part of the reason i cut him some slack .
    His past had some neat stuff , and CF made a little dent , but his tenure in VH Mach II is what everyone wants to ask him about .

He knows how to sell his brand and be "colorful"

Believe it or not , i'm tired of hearing from him . He's playing in Toronto this month , and MA is with him . I'm not even considering going .
    VH was NEVER about the singer or the bass player , to me .
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."

Band Manager
    What surprised me was that he got Taj Mahal to guest on his new album. I can see Toby Keith and Kid Rock , as they are all pretty much the same kind of yankee doodle goofballs, but Taj Mahal is a world renowned blues legend. He must be getting senile in his old age to waste his talent on this project.

EVH diehard ...
    I dunno , H-berg .

There seems to be a real common theme in music lately . A lot of those "guest appearance" cd's have been put out . It's not a new trend by any means , but there's an influx of that activity in recent times .
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick AVH fan View Post
    Sammy is clueless!

In Classic Rock, he states (regarding this "all-star" album), he was about to ring up Eddie
    Van Halen to see if they could write a song, together for his record (???????).

But then both Alex & Ed had their lawyers give Sam a cease & desist, because they got wind
    that he was thinking of re-recording Van Hagar era tunes, or re-releasing them with guests.

Sam said, "Those guys act like those song's never existed."

What the hell is he thinking?
    Ringing up Ed to write a song, like nothing happened?