Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
If you could resurrect one rock star, who would it be? - Page 7
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboydan View Post
    I really have no idea why you keep saying that. Do you always think someone's in a bad mood when they disagree with you? What fun is a forum if we can't debate something? You and ALS are the ones that sound all pissed off whenever anyone mentions certain bands (and I mean every time they are mentioned) and you and ALS are the ones that can't resist the 3rd grade nicknames every time. So you and ALS are the ones that come off as having your panties in a bunch. I'm just trying to follow your "logic" and you seem unwilling to explain. Instead, you do what you always do............deflect it to the other person, put them on ignore, or go to bed. How boring.
    Yawn...Yes, how boring of me to go to bed at 11 PM when I have to get up at 4 to get an early start on a job and make an inspection this morning so I can pour...

Anyways, let me put it this way, Dan. Kurt was a shitty "guitarist", screamed off key more than he actually sang, mostly wrote nonsensical garbage, and when it wasnt nonsensical it was depressing and mopey. If you cant see or hear the difference in the abilities and delivery of either Layne Staley or Chris Cornell when compared to Kurt Cocaine then maybe you're the one who is deaf.

All this because some Sensitive Sally cant take jokes directed at the Almighty Boss...oh wait, I was pissed off! MAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA.

Look, I'm glad you love Bruce, Nirvana, Rage, think that the Black Keys are worthy flagbearers of the future of rock, etc. Cool, we all love what we love. I know there's a bunch of bands I really like that most all of you probably think are shit(Joy Formidable, Metric, Thirty Seconds To Mars,etc). If we all liked the same things there wouldnt be anything to discuss.

Now, since you think that musicianship is the ONLY criteria for liking someone(or atleast that's the logic you're accusing me of), then you be sure to go out and buy all of Malmsteen's solo records and put em alongside your precious Bruce albums.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Giving Dave A Break
    You're insulting a perfectly good drug

Love ya moms......
    They rage against the same economic system that btw made them very rich....
    They rage against the rich when they themselves im sure are financially well off....
    And they cry about slavery when the closest they've come to slavery is picking the cotton out of a Tylenol bottle.

Just another musically confused band{are we rap? metal? numetal?}that sucks almost as bad as limp bizkit.

Maybe we can do a trade with the man upstairs.....
    That overrated hack guitarist{save the whales}and the singer{whom id love nothing more then to stick my boot in his ass} for Bonham and Lynott.

I know the law, friend.
    JD - Any insults you hurl at Springsteen I take as extreme compliments. After all, you're the guy who dislikes Pink Floyd, The Beatles and the Stones. I like Thirty Seconds to Mars, btw. I appreciate good music, good songs, not just virtuoso wanking. (although I do appreciate virtuosos that play with feeling)

ALS - I love the cotton analogy. Could you repeat it one more time in this thread, please? It's such a funny line that it deserves a triple shot. You also make some very solid points about how they should never speak out about economic inequities, because they made a lot of money. And they should never be concerned with social injustice, because they weren't slaves. Also, no one should ever write a protest song about a war, if they're not serving in it. Brilliant logic.

Or maybe, just maybe it's important to raise awareness about issues so that society pays attention to them. Maybe they want others to have a chance to make money or try to keep us out of senseless wars or treat people with equality. Oh the horror! How dare they!
    "I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboydan View Post
    JD - Any insults you hurl at Springsteen I take as extreme compliments. After all, you're the guy who dislikes Pink Floyd, The Beatles and the Stones. I like Thirty Seconds to Mars, btw. I appreciate good music, good songs, not just virtuoso wanking. (although I do appreciate virtuosos that play with feeling)

ALS - I love the cotton analogy. Could you repeat it one more time in this thread, please? It's such a funny line that it deserves a triple shot. You also make some very solid points about how they should never speak out about economic inequities, because they made a lot of money. And they should never be concerned with social injustice, because they weren't slaves. Also, no one should ever write a protest song about a war, if they're not serving in it. Brilliant logic.

Or maybe, just maybe it's important to raise awareness about issues so that society pays attention to them. Maybe they want others to have a chance to make money or try to keep us out of senseless wars or treat people with equality. Oh the horror! How dare they!
    Cowboy, you're arguing with people that think Dokken & Whitesnake are the epitome of a great rock n' roll band.
    You're not going to sway their opinions.

I think a band like RATM is a frightening proposition to a republican.
    An angry, fired up, confrontational band of black guys, playing distorted, guitar orientated music.

An artist like Cobain is a confusing proposition, because he does not finger-tap or play divebombs.

Springsteen is a brilliant songwriter, without doubt.
    Anyone that can listen to "Darkness on the edge of town" or "The River," and think he's a hack, are
    just not listening.

I gotta strongly disagree with you on one point, though:
    30 seconds to Mars.

The Nickelback of emo/prog, if such a genre existed.

Love ya moms......
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    Cowboy, you're arguing with people that think Dokken & Whitesnake are the epitome of a great rock n' roll band.

An angry, fired up, confrontational band of black guys, playing distorted, guitar orientated music.

An artist like Cobain is a confusing proposition, because he does not finger-tap or play divebombs.

Anyone that can listen to "Darkness on the edge of town" or "The River," and think he's a hack, are
    just not listening.

30 seconds to Mars.

When does Katy Perrys new album drop?

Love ya moms......
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...&defid=1457808

Rage Against The Machine

One of the most overrated bands in history. They got popular because they pushed left winged propaganda as shallow as the water in my toilet. Same as the Sex Pistols. That band 100% fucking sucked ass. They just got popular because they where so rebellious, something kids in their teenage years seem to love.

They also introduced the Che Guevara image to the kiddies. So we should thank them for the fact that people wear this cold-blooded murderer piece of shit that luckily got executed on their shirts these days.

Tom Morello was their lead guitar player, also way overrated. I hear that people call him the 'best guitar player ever'. Again, total bullshit. Hendrix, Van Halen, Gilmore and Jimmy Page's shoes have more talent then this guy. If you played the guitar yourself, you'd understand. All his neat solo's sound cool because they come out of stomp boxes you can buy in every music store. Really. This guy has the biggest effects chain i've ever seen.

This band proved that you don't need talent to become famous. If you make music that takes a piss on the government and is left winged in general, there is a way bigger chance of success than if you acually have talent, but don't write songs about politics.

I know the law, friend.
    ...............and Tom Morello will be in the studio with Springsteen to work on the new album!! Fuck yes!

-David Lee Roth-

I know the law, friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post

just not listening.

30 seconds to Mars.

I know. I'm not trying to sway their opinions...............I just like to get them all worked up and force reactions from them.
    "That's entertainment......that's entertainment!"

As for 30 seconds to mars, I've only heard one album but it's got some good stuff on it. (Attack & Beautiful Lie are the two that come to mind) I like them about as much as I like the Foo Fighters and Nirvana. Good stuff, not great stuff.
    -David Lee Roth-

Band Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by bellawolfie View Post
    Jimi Hendrix, Fredie Mercury and Kurt Cobain.
    Speaking of Hendrix...I went to his memorial today...very cool!

Dawg
    Attached Images Attached Images