Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
The 2013 NFL Season - Page 3
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Yours truly, As Is
    Oh yeah, baby! Another amazing game by the GOAT, Peyton Manning, and another victory over his little Bro', as the Broncos smash the Giants. JD is very happy with the start of the 2013 season.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Dance Baby!
    29-3
    Forty-Whiners!

? ? ? ?
    Well HOLY FUCKING SHIT! The Cleveland Clowns just traded Trent Richardson to the Colts....In return the CLOWNIES get the Colts 1st round pick in next years 2014 draft.I really can't seem to wrap my arms around this because I'm still stunned by the news. Will this new ownership right this ship??? Your guess is as good as mine.
    Why behave in public if your living on a playground?

I know the law, friend.
    Should The Browns Have Traded Trent Richardson?

http://www.theonion.com/articles/sho...c=tough-season
    "I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

? ? ? ?

Dance Baby!
    I think in 5 years this will be considered a good trade for Cleveland. IF...if Cleveland can capitalize on all those draft picks. Next years draft they will have 2 first, 1 second, 2 third and 2 fourth round picks. The first 4 rounds they are going to either pick 7 players or use those picks to move up or down in next years draft.

Cleveland had to do something, IMO. They have to stop making the same mistakes. How many QB's/coaches/RB's/etc. have they gone through since their return? That old man they have now at QB isn't a franchise anything. Might as well get as much as you can for Trent now.

The Colts in the short term should be fine. They lack a running game and a good solid defense. Keep the ball away from the opponents offense, via running, and that should help the D. My concern with the Colts and trading for Trent. What if Trent just goes off? Runs for 1,800 yards and 15 TDs? How much should you invest in a running back like that? Max out his contract when it comes up in a couple of years? They have a number 1 overall draft pick as QB and a 3rd overall draft pick as RB. How much money is there to go around? They still have a suspect defense.
    Daniel (1994-2013)

? ? ? ?
    Quote Originally Posted by punkatomic View Post
    I think in 5 years this will be considered a good trade for Cleveland. IF...if Cleveland can capitalize on all those draft picks. Next years draft they will have 2 first, 1 second, 2 third and 2 fourth round picks. The first 4 rounds they are going to either pick 7 players or use those picks to move up or down in next years draft.

Cleveland had to do something, IMO. They have to stop making the same mistakes. How many QB's/coaches/RB's/etc. have they gone through since their return? That old man they have now at QB isn't a franchise anything. Might as well get as much as you can for Trent now.

The Colts in the short term should be fine. They lack a running game and a good solid defense. Keep the ball away from the opponents offense, via running, and that should help the D. My concern with the Colts and trading for Trent. What if Trent just goes off? Runs for 1,800 yards and 15 TDs? How much should you invest in a running back like that? Max out his contract when it comes up in a couple of years? They have a number 1 overall draft pick as QB and a 3rd overall draft pick as RB. How much money is there to go around? They still have a suspect defense.
    The trade of Trent Richarson for the Colts 1st rd pick in 2014 is pretty much the end for Weeden as the QB of the Browns.Running backs in this day an age of a quarterback driven league don't need to be drafted in the 1st round anymore.There are plenty of quality RB's that can picked in later rounds I.E. Alfred Morris of the Washington Redskins.Hopefully it wont take 5 yrs to get the Browns back to contention. I would like to think 2 maybe 3 yrs tops,but untill then they will continue to be a "FACTORY OF SADNESS"

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmooth67 View Post
    This was quite funny!

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmooth67 View Post
    The trade of Trent Richarson for the Colts 1st rd pick in 2014 is pretty much the end for Weeden as the QB of the Browns.Running backs in this day an age of a quarterback driven league don't need to be drafted in the 1st round anymore.There are plenty of quality RB's that can picked in later rounds I.E. Alfred Morris of the Washington Redskins.Hopefully it wont take 5 yrs to get the Browns back to contention. I would like to think 2 maybe 3 yrs tops,but untill then they will continue to be a "FACTORY OF SADNESS"
    Weeden's days were numbered when the new regime came in.He was never going to be their QB.
    Personally,I think the trade was a good thing.Trent is okay but AP he'll never be.He could get 1500yds and 10 td's every year but without a QB, it's still gonna be 5-11.Nothing changes in Cleveland until a decent QB is acquired.This gives them the option to trade up for a QB if they have to.If not,then they can grab something else they need with the other first round pick.They already have several positions filled on both sides of the ball,this is no rebuild,they just need a QB.

Yours truly, As Is
    Haha, another dominating performance by Manning and the Broncos. Manning is off to arguably the best start of any QB in history, and with the rules today benefitting passing offenses, with all the weapons he has at his disposal, he will be nearly unstoppable. Denver should average 35-40 points per game, and will be very hard to beat.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!