Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Maybe we do need more guns...
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    No cheer******s allowed!

Maybe we do need more guns...

This recent and horrific slaying of a beautiful, 24 year old woman, by some piece of human garbage/crackhead/
    psychopath, has me completely re-thinking my stance on possession of firearms.

About a week ago, Amy Lord, was leaving her apartment in South Boston, to go to the gym.
    She was savagely beaten in her apartment's hallway, then kidnapped in her jeep by the criminal.
    He took her to five different ATM's, emptied her bank accounts, then abruptly stabbed her to death and
    dumped her body in some nearby park.

Turns out this guy was the one jumping other women in the area, in a string of robberies that left
    the city shaken and on edge.

A year previously, a Boston detective, handling a similar case (though the woman was not killed), had the
    criminal's wallet & ID, which was given to him by the victim, at the crime scene.
    But the detective did NOTHING.

Amy Lord would have been alive today, but that's another sad story...

So the POS is caught & finally charged with Lord's murder, but they fear he might be suicidal,
    and the psychiatrist doesn't feel it's ideal yet for the POS to be making any statements to law enforcement,
    due to his fragile emotional state.

I think they should douse this animal in gasoline, personally.

That young woman could be your niece or your sister or your girlfriend.
    To die for no reason, and to die in such a horrible, brutal way...
    How do you wrap your head around that?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I know the law, friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    This recent and horrific slaying of a beautiful, 24 year old woman, by some piece of human garbage/crackhead/
    psychopath, has me completely re-thinking my stance on possession of firearms.

About a week ago, Amy Lord, was leaving her apartment in South Boston, to go to the gym.
    She was savagely beaten in her apartment's hallway, then kidnapped in her jeep by the criminal.
    He took her to five different ATM's, emptied her bank accounts, then abruptly stabbed her to death and
    dumped her body in some nearby park.

Turns out this guy was the one jumping other women in the area, in a string of robberies that left
    the city shaken and on edge.

A year previously, a Boston detective, handling a similar case (though the woman was not killed), had the
    criminal's wallet & ID, which was given to him by the victim, at the crime scene.
    But the detective did NOTHING.

Amy Lord would have been alive today, but that's another sad story...

So the POS is caught & finally charged with Lord's murder, but they fear he might be suicidal,
    and the psychiatrist doesn't feel it's ideal yet for the POS to be making any statements to law enforcement,
    due to his fragile emotional state.

I think they should douse this animal in gasoline, personally.

That young woman could be your niece or your sister or your girlfriend.
    To die for no reason, and to die in such a horrible, brutal way...
    How do you wrap your head around that?
    The problem is the bolded part, if it's true. The answer isn't more guns.
    "I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

No cheer******s allowed!
    But i can't help but think what if she said, "Hang on, i have more money in my purse..."
    Then pulled out a pistol and shot the fucker in the face.

People are fucking insane.
    People are not only batshit crazy, but also violent.
    I'm beginning to understand the point of view of, "the police doesn't have my back, maybe i should
    be more proactive in my own survival and defense."

Having said that, i'm sure i'll never own or buy a gun.
    But this story really makes me angry.
    It seems like more & more terrible things are happening to innocent people.

Giving Dave A Break
    We have really tight gun laws here and hardly any gun related deaths apart from Hells Angels Vs Bandidos occasionally blasting each other.

Band Manager
    That is a sickening, crime UG.
    I get very disturbed by crimes like this, more so when they involve a young woman.
    Just hideous.
    I think about the pain and the fear that this young woman went through.
    I think about her family, this awas someones daughter.
    Do I need to point out that this crime didn't make national news, like a certain crime in Florida did?

Part of what you are mentioning about gun ownership is indeed what gun owning advocates often say.
    "You (the Government) are not going to disarm me the law abiding, citizen - while animals like this prowl the streets."

I know the law, friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    But i can't help but think what if she said, "Hang on, i have more money in my purse..."
    Then pulled out a pistol and shot the fucker in the face.

People are fucking insane.
    People are not only batshit crazy, but also violent.
    I'm beginning to understand the point of view of, "the police doesn't have my back, maybe i should
    be more proactive in my own survival and defense."

Having said that, i'm sure i'll never own or buy a gun.
    But this story really makes me angry.
    It seems like more & more terrible things are happening to innocent people.
    I hear ya. Even that crazy lib Bill Maher says he'll always own a gun as long as America is a gun-obsessed society with ridiculous laws. (or lack thereof)

Maybe it's because my mind is poluted by the left-wing media, but I'd like to hear about a good gun-carrying citizen stopping one of these maniacs before they shoot up a school or go on a bombing rampage. But instead, we get guys like George Zimmerman. This is the part where ALS copy & pastes 14 articles from Breitbart.com to defend guns.

Another thing I find slightly humerous is that a lot of bible thumpers, who claim to have Jesus as their guardian, are the ones who carry guns. "God is love, but get it in writing" I suppose. I don't remember the passage in the bible where Jesus says, "If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, pull out your Ruger and blast him." JC didn't condone killing.

"38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:

39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
    40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also.
    41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.
    42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away."

—Matthew 5:38–5:42 KJV

Jesus was the original liberal hippie.
    Last edited by cowboydan; August 2nd, 2013 at 11:49 AM.
    -David Lee Roth-

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Incomudro View Post
    That is a sickening, crime UG.
    I get very disturbed by crimes like this, more so when they involve a young woman.
    Just hideous.
    I think about the pain and the fear that this young woman went through.
    I think about her family, this awas someones daughter.
    Do I need to point out that this crime didn't make national news, like a certain crime in Florida did?

Part of what you are mentioning about gun ownership is indeed what gun owning advocates often say.
    "You (the Government) are not going to disarm me the law abiding, citizen - while animals like this prowl the streets."
    I'm the same way, i can't get the thing out of my head.

It's one thing to be robbed or, at worst, shot.
    But to know your beautiful, young daughter was not only robbed and beaten, but also stabbed to death
    and dumped like a piece of trash in Hyde Park, by some random maniac?
    You have the horror of having your child or sister taken away, for no reason, at such a young age, compounded
    by the fact she was murdered in such a brutal way.
    I can't imagine figuring out a way to come to terms with that.

This was a big story in Boston, because women had been attacked in this area and it escalated to Amy Lord's death.
    Then you find it could have been prevented by that POS detective, who still has a job, btw...

But you just look at that girl.
    She came from a nice town outside the city, part of her dream was to move to Boston.
    She got the job she wanted, loved the city, had the world at her feet.
    Then, out of nowhere, it's all taken away by some deranged POS.

It breaks my heart.

Band Manager
    Well said UG, your thoughts are my thoughts exactly.

Love ya moms......
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboydan View Post
    I hear ya. Even that crazy lib Bill Maher says he'll always own a gun as long as America is a gun-obsessed society with ridiculous laws. (or lack thereof)

Maybe it's because my mind is poluted by the left-wing media, but I'd like to hear about a good gun-carrying citizen stopping one of these maniacs before they shoot up a school or go on a bombing rampage. But instead, we get guys like George Zimmerman. This is the part where ALS copy & pastes 14 articles from Breitbart.com to defend guns.

Another thing I find slightly humerous is that a lot of bible thumpers, who claim to have Jesus as their guardian, are the ones who carry guns. "God is love, but get it in writing" I suppose. I don't remember the passage in the bible where Jesus says, "If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, pull out your Ruger and blast him." JC didn't condone killing.

"38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:

39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
    40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also.
    41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.
    42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away."

—Matthew 5:38–5:42 KJV

Jesus was the original liberal hippie.

I see your still fuming over the Saint Skittles verdict.
    And btw JC never had to live in places like Detroit or Chicago now did he.........

And I would rather have a gun and never need it then needing one and not having one.

I know the law, friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand View Post
    I see your still fuming over the Saint Skittles verdict.
    And btw JC never had to live in places like Detroit or Chicago now did he.........

And I would rather have a gun and never need it then needing one and not having one.
    Well, he was supposedly "all-knowing" if you believe that sort of thing. How could he see that coming though? lol

How often have you saved the day with your firearm?
    -David Lee Roth-