Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Boston bomber a rock star?
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    No cheer******s allowed!

Boston bomber a rock star?

Rolling Stone seems to think so, by putting him on the cover of the upcoming issue.

Many Boston retailers refuse to carry the magazine in protest, including CVS and Tedeschi's.
    It is in poor taste, yet i still will purchase it, because the entire case intrigues me.

I know the law, friend.
    I thought all evil people were supposed to look evil and suspicious?
    "I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

No cheer******s allowed!
    He looks more like a stoner in need of a haircut, than evil & suspicious, in that particular shot.

He looks more "Bong" and less "Bomb," to me.

I know the law, friend.
    Right, that's my point. I was contrasting it to the Trayvon Martin discussion in the other thread...........where we can determine how bad people are by what they look like and how tall they are.

Maybe that's the angle that Rolling Stone was going for too............the terrorists are among us and they look like normal kids. The little subtitle seems to say that he was failed by his family.
    "I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

Love ya moms......
    Wouldn't be surprised if the article tries to put the spin on him being a victim instead of the sick monster that he is.

? ? ? ?
    I'm living in a world I truely don't understand anymore. He's a murderer plain and simple.I could see TIME magazine doing this but Rolling Stone.....Wow they must really need the revenue.I guess there's no musicians or entertainers or actors they could have used for the cover instead.Hey Rolling Stone I hear Alfred E Neuman is available
    Why behave in public if your living on a playground?

No cheer******s allowed!
    RS is damned if they do, and damned if they don't.

They get shat upon for putting teen heart throbs on their cover, and they get shat upon for
    covering a legitimate, true story.

Nobody will carry this magazine in Boston, they are all jumping on the bandwagon of protest.
    Grow a spine, America!
    If you don't like it, do NOT buy it.
    But don't tell me i can't buy it, too.
    Shouldn't our freedom allow us to make our OWN decisions, not the retailer?

Again, it's a legitimate story about a fucked up individual.
    RS actually DOES have some great writers, outside the pop culture format.

Why is this such an outrage?

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if the article tries to put the spin on him being a victim instead of the sick monster that he is.
    Probably so. RS is about the shittiest, most useless rag there is.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboydan View Post
    Right, that's my point. I was contrasting it to the Trayvon Martin discussion in the other thread...........where we can determine how bad people are by what they look like and how tall they are.

Maybe that's the angle that Rolling Stone was going for too............the terrorists are among us and they look like normal kids. The little subtitle seems to say that he was failed by his family.
    Personally,I don't care what they look like,man,woman,kid,black,white,big,small...If their acting suspicious in my neighborhood,i'm going to be suspicious.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    Rolling Stone seems to think so, by putting him on the cover of the upcoming issue.

Many Boston retailers refuse to carry the magazine in protest, including CVS and Tedeschi's.
    It is in poor taste, yet i still will purchase it, because the entire case intrigues me.
    Rolling Stone sucks for music coverage but their politics,scandals and world news coverage is pretty good.They have some good reporters and writers in that arena.While they've gone with non-musical covers several times in the past,this just screems attention moreso than anything else.A good sized story inside the mag,without a cover shot, (like they usually do) would've been enough.No need to put this guy on the cover likes he's a star....especially this soon.

Not sure I understand the whole 'appearance' thing.Most people that do hideous things don't look like Chuck Manson.I thought we already knew that by now.What do we always hear when despicable acts occurr ..."He was a nice guy,never a problem,can't believe he killed all those people"