Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
1982 Diver Down Tour Rehearsal (6/27/1982 Zoetrope Studios)
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
    Roadie

1982 Diver Down Tour Rehearsal (6/27/1982 Zoetrope Studios)

So since yesterday (7/14) was the anniversary of first date of Diver Down / Hide Your Sheep Tour 31 years ago (jeesh!).
    Thought I'd post this bootleg (audio). The tour rehearsal from Zoetrope Studios.
    Quality is about C+/B- but if you turn volume up enough...it ain't half bad

=== DOWNLOAD ===
    FLAC and MP3 files here:
    https://app.box.com/s/wc82wcq0ssf0qa7dwnlh

Attachment 43492

Notes: The band apparently rented an LA movie studio and invited a handful of people to hear their rehearsal for the 1982 tour. Fun intro by Roth, although a little hard to make out at times. While this is a fun listen, the bad part is the quality, which is very rough. While all the instruments and vocals can be heard, the sound is a bit muffled. The story I heard is that out taper was worried about being caught, so his recorded was under his jacket. There are also a few crackles on the tape. The order of songs is about what the band took out on the road as the tour kicked off on July 14 in Augusta, Georgia but it was changed up as is went on.
    Last edited by thismusicsux; July 15th, 2013 at 03:19 AM.

Groupie
    Jesus, does dave blab on and on in the start of this. I usually have a pretty high tolerance for dave's antics, and actually love them a lot of the time, but especially when you can't really understand what he's saying it gets a bit annoying.

it is too bad that the sound quality on this isnt that good, but luckily the guitar sits high in the mix.

Thanks for sharing!
    "we sound like a goddamn rock band!"

--David Lee Roth, Stockholm, Sweden, 1984

Roadie
    Quote Originally Posted by multo74 View Post
    Jesus, does dave blab on and on in the start of this. I usually have a pretty high tolerance for dave's antics, and actually love them a lot of the time, but especially when you can't really understand what he's saying it gets a bit annoying.

it is too bad that the sound quality on this isnt that good, but luckily the guitar sits high in the mix.

Thanks for sharing!
    yeah he's blabbing at the start for sure.
    Also think he's blabbing a bit before 'Cathedral' and Ed kinda starts in over his blabbing. ha

No cheer******s allowed!
    No wonder they booted his ass! LOL!

I had the same reaction to the endless blab.

Band Manager
    Thanks,a fun listen.Too bad it's not good quality,it wasn't a bad performance.Loved that part in Eruption he changed just before the speed picking section.

Band Manager
    Ha, Ha. Yeah, he was blabbing on the beginning of " Hear About It Later " last year when I saw them. Love Dave to death, but thought to myself at the time , WTF. I want to hear Eddie, that is an important piece of music FFS, STFU and just sing the freakin' song. LOL.

Thanks for posting , I always intended to get this one, but had been lower on the list due to reading the sound quality rating. Glad to finally have it now. It is interesting to hear the subtle differences in their shows from the beginning of the tour towards the end, and the occasional setlist modifications.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Used to drive me crazy when he'd talk over the intro to, Hear about it later:

"Brand new for ya...track off the new album...Oh yeeeeaaahhhh...Let's see some hands up front...here we go..."

SHUT-UP!