Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Cool Rare Pics - Page 58
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 58 of 68 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: Cool Rare Pics

Band Manager
    But then he takes his wife out to dinner in this one.

Band Manager
    Dave didn't need no fancy French car he could fit more girls in the back seat of a German one !!

Last edited by Heisenberg; September 6th, 2014 at 12:42 PM.

Roadie
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Dave didn't need no fancy French car he could fit more girls in the back seat of a German one !!
    nice.

was listening to a more recent Sammy interview how he went over his split and how jealous EVH was about everything....him doing any outside work, solo music, tequila, etc. Nothing new... but man was Eddie the most jealous fucker on the planet. That was a big part of the power struggle and split with Dave...same with the Sammy split... and then even with Mike. jeez..

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by thismusicsux View Post
    nice.

was listening to a more recent Sammy interview how he went over his split and how jealous EVH was about everything....him doing any outside work, solo music, tequila, etc. Nothing new... but man was Eddie the most jealous fucker on the planet. That was a big part of the power struggle and split with Dave...same with the Sammy split... and then even with Mike. jeez..
    I love Eddie, but he strikes me as very sensitive, insecure & somewhat tortured.
    I guess these are some of the things associated with very gifted types, so it kinda makes sense.

Looking back, Mike's vocals really did add a huge, trademark layer to the CVH sound.
    Today, i'm believing Ed's harsh remarks about Mike buying a porsche are unwarranted & petty.
    Mike did contribute.

I often take Mike's vocals for granted, yet listening to those old records, he was important.
    Like i said, like Ed's guitar, it was another trademark layer to their sound.

Roadie
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    Looking back, Mike's vocals really did add a huge, trademark layer to the CVH sound.
    Today, i'm believing Ed's harsh remarks about Mike buying a porsche are unwarranted & petty.
    Mike did contribute.
    Totally. It's hard in a band ... not EVERYONE is going to "write" the music (ie. come in with the idea or song hashed out). But I'm sure Mike wrote his own bass lines and also pitched in on song arrangement ideas... plus the backup vocals were huge like you said. 81 was tough time for Ed and probably had the weight on his shoulders to bring in the song ideas for every record... but still I feel like all 4 guys are part of the songwriting process.

Band Manager
    Recent pic of Eddie with Butch Walker last week.

Band Manager
    Ran across this comment about a short Helmut Newton documentary film shown at a recent exhibit that supposedly shows footage of him working with VH.

" When I went to a recent Helmut Newton photo exhibition at the Annenberg they played a short documentary movie about Helmut. In the movie there was a short scene with the whole Van Halen band working with Helmut during those photo sessions. It would be interesting to see the piece "

There are quite a few different documentarys about Helmet Newton the most recent is on a channel unavailable in my region.

http://www.ovguide.com/tv_episode/bb...y-june-4827401
    Last edited by Heisenberg; September 13th, 2014 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Ran across this comment about a short Helmut Newton documentary film shown at a recent exhibit that supposedly shows footage of him working with VH.

" When I went to a recent Helmut Newton photo exhibition at the Annenberg they played a short documentary movie about Helmut. In the movie there was a short scene with the whole Van Halen band working with Helmut during those photo sessions. It would be interesting to see the piece "

There are quite a few different documentarys about Helmet Newton the most recent is on a channel unavailable in my region.

http://www.ovguide.com/tv_episode/bb...y-june-4827401
    Documentaries on BBC4 always get repeated. When this comes around again I will try and record it.

Some of the BBC documentaries are uploaded to youtube by those that viewed and recorded them.

The BBC must have loads of Van Halen films in their archive. If only Van Halen would revisit England and reignite the interest over here. Then we might see some of them broadcast on TV.

Roadie
    1981 Alex magic

Band Manager