Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Cool Rare Pics - Page 65
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 65 of 68 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast

Thread: Cool Rare Pics

Band Manager
    I wasn't so sure that even was Stevie Nicks with Eddie in that pic. Probably so she was wearing a purple sweater outside in the pic with Dave.

Last edited by Heisenberg; November 16th, 2014 at 08:57 PM.

Band Manager

Band Manager

Band Manager

Yours truly, As Is
    Who are the two dudes with Ed? Looks like a pretty new picture.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Roadie
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    Who are the two dudes with Ed? Looks like a pretty new picture.
    We figured out it was 2 Hockey players ....

Posted December 7, 2011…. which said “2 summers ago” … so pic was likely from 2010.
    Riley Cote, Eddie Van Halen, & Dan Carcillo

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...e=1&permPage=1

Band Manager

Rare 1978 Pics of Ed

A fellow Van Halen superfan was extraordinarily kind enough to make beautiful 8 x 10 prints of these incredibly rare pics of Ed from Europe '78 and Cain's Ballroom '78. These are some of the best up close and sharp color pictures I've ever seen of this era. I'm not going to mention the guy's name because I don't want people bothering him. He got these direct from the photographer, but he doesn't remember who the photographer was. I'm posting these here for fan enjoyment and I would credit the photographer and encourage everyone to buy prints from him, but I have no idea who that photographer is...These have never been seen before as far as I know except when this fan posted a camera phone pic of his prints on Facebook. Here they are in all their full resolution glory! ENJOY!

Europe '78 (maybe UK?)

Band Manager
    An unknown small venue sometime during 1978:

Last edited by garbeaj; December 27th, 2014 at 04:51 PM.

Love ya moms......
    Those are some really sweet pics.....

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand View Post
    Those are some really sweet pics.....

Thanks! I think so too...really rare unseen pics that are this clear and in color from this era of the band don't cone along very often and I'm really indebted to the fan that shared them with me. I haven't posted here in forever and I almost never post anything outside the 'The Guitar Shop', but I'm glad somebody saw them and dug 'em too!

As it turns out, another eagle-eyed fan confirmed that the last three pics are NOT from Cain's Ballroom, but they are likely from another small venue in the Midwest during the same time frame. I was hoping somebody might be able to help pinpoint the date and the venue?!
    Last edited by garbeaj; December 27th, 2014 at 04:50 PM.