Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Cool Rare Pics - Page 51
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 51 of 68 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Cool Rare Pics

No cheer******s allowed!
    Was watching the Pantera: Behind the music.

Some of that footage, from the club, of the actual shooting was incredible.
    I had never seen that before.

I had never realized how unbearable Phil had become towords the end.
    They said, Dimebag used to come in a room Phil was in & try to go in undetected, so
    as not to upset Phil.

Band Manager
    Don't know much about them but ran across this the other night on a Randy Rhodes FB page.

Band Manager

1984 with Keni Richards Autograph drummer.
    Last edited by Heisenberg; August 15th, 2014 at 11:16 PM.

Band Manager
    WOW! Very cool shot...I've never seen that one before! I'll add that to my thread about my Destroyer

Band Manager

This one seems a little clearer and brighter.
    Last edited by Heisenberg; August 18th, 2014 at 03:31 PM.

Band Manager

On page 294 of the Van Halen Encyclopedia in the 1991 tour date section it's stated that Alice In Chains bassist at the time Mike Starr filled in for Micheal Anthony for one song at BC Place in Vancouver November 13 1991.

Mike Starr was supposedly quoted as saying - " It was the most terrifying gig I ever played ".

If true I'm wondering which song it was and if there are any pictures. Read somewhere else MA had urgently needed to use the washroom. Not sure if that is true either.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

This one seems a little clearer and brighter.
    Thanks Hb! This is the kind of pic that I come here for. It gives you a great feel for the scene around the band in the early days.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    Thanks Hb! This is the kind of pic that I come here for. It gives you a great feel for the scene around the band in the early days.
    Could've sworn that one was already posted months ago. Didn't realize it was a rarity until seeing DLR73's pic and the other comment.

Pretty sure this one was in The Inside magazine way back when, but a more recent bigger and clearer copy now from FB.

Band Manager
    Last edited by Heisenberg; August 18th, 2014 at 06:12 PM.