Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Cool Rare Pics - Page 67
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 175765666768 LastLast

Thread: Cool Rare Pics

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

From Mira Chai Hyde's Instagram
    I wanna hear what EVH sounds like on that Univox looking guitar. I say it all the time, but I wish he trusted the fans enough to release more experimental music, or different tones. Whenever he does, it's never in a rawer direction, but instead more processed.
    It's not like he would have to play the songs live. It's not gonna kill his career.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

Band Manager

Photography: Richard Creamer

Band Manager

Detroit '82 ; Photography: Theo Westenberger
    Last edited by Heisenberg; January 27th, 2015 at 11:47 PM.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    I wanna hear what EVH sounds like on that Univox looking guitar. I say it all the time, but I wish he trusted the fans enough to release more experimental music, or different tones. Whenever he does, it's never in a rawer direction, but instead more processed.
    It's not like he would have to play the songs live. It's not gonna kill his career.

Yeah it'd be interesting if he'd just go ahead and put out a completely self indulgent solo album once and for all. Who knows what kind of off the wall avante garde material he has up his sleeve.

All things considered he's been fairly unprolific compared to other legendary guitarists of his stature.

Band Manager

Photography: Heidi Hovarth

Band Manager

Whiskey

Band Manager

No cheer******s allowed!
    Some say VHIII was his solo album, but i disagree.

I would have loved a solo record right around the point of 83-84, when Ed was deep into his "Holdsworth" phase (you can hear
    it on some solo's from 1984).

I want a solo record that is fusion/free form/guitar indulgent, instrumental, raw.
    I'd even take a keyboard track in the "I'll wait" vein.

When Dave did his CFTH EP, Ed should have released his free-form/metal jazz, solo record.
    Get some guests like Brian May or even Holdsworth, Tony Levin....
    Just fucking do it for sheer expression.

It's too bad that that ship has sailed.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    Some say VHIII was his solo album, but i disagree.

I would have loved a solo record right around the point of 83-84, when Ed was deep into his "Holdsworth" phase (you can hear
    it on some solo's from 1984).

I want a solo record that is fusion/free form/guitar indulgent, instrumental, raw.
    I'd even take a keyboard track in the "I'll wait" vein.

When Dave did his CFTH EP, Ed should have released his free-form/metal jazz, solo record.
    Get some guests like Brian May or even Holdsworth, Tony Levin....
    Just fucking do it for sheer expression.

It's too bad that that ship has sailed.
    I am in full support of an instrumental album from EVH. A tour with Wolf and AVH would be great, ala Jeff Beck. He could fill 3000 seat theaters with really nice acoustics, in a short tour of big cities, and it would be great.

Just don't call it "Van Halen". Something like "The Van Halen's" has a nice ring to it...
    Last edited by 1234over; February 18th, 2015 at 04:06 PM.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

Band Manager
    Oakland Coliseum December 2 1978

PC- Michael Whittington
    Last edited by Heisenberg; June 23rd, 2015 at 02:45 AM.