Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

guitarist mt. rushmore.
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

guitarist mt. rushmore.

If there was a mt. Rushmore for guitar greats who would you choose? The first 3 are obvious Ed, Clapton and Hendrix but the fourth is open to debate. I would choose Kirk Hammet because I think for what he plays and his speed hes really "tasty" for a better word. I hope to hear youre choices and why.

I know the law, friend.

Well, there it is UG.......all teed up for you. All you need to do is let the big dog eat. Go ahead, knock it right down the middle of the fairway!
    "I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

Giving Dave A Break
    That thing only has 4 heads? Damn.

Ed, Lifeson, Page, Hendrix

Band Manager
    Jeff Beck HAS to be on there, but I personally wouldn't care if Clapton was overlooked.

Think about it. Don't get me wrong, I love his live 70's era, and his second Crossroads boxsets is one of my all time favorites, but as far as guitar riffs, solo's, and songwriting go's, what is the big deal really. Most of his best stuff, ( IMO ), was the old blues cover tunes.

Duane Allman gets WAY too much credit as well, which takes away from the trueley great phenomenal and beautiful soulful playing and songwriting of Dickey Betts. Yes, I know his live performances are at times unpredictable, like so many others, Johnny Winter, Jimmy Page, Alvin Lee, etc, etc, but if you listen to the Allman Brothers mid to late 90's era, in particular the " Where It All Began " Album from 1994, and all the live performances, you will hear one of the greatest unsung heroes of American blues based rock to ever bless us with his wonderful gift of soulful, blistering southern style blues rock delivered with maximum torque and the blissful tone of a very deep complex , possibly tortured artist with a magnificent gift to share with the world of appreciative guitar rock lovers who can easily spot the true legends with just one lick of the beloved instrument.

I personally as a fan couldn't rate artists in a list. My favorites are, EVH, Hendrix, and about ten others. Can't make this type of list in good concsience because many favorites will be left out.

I know the law, friend.
    Does metal even exist without this man?

"I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

Band Manager
    NO, metal did not excsist without TONY IOMMI. The Godfather of Heavy Metal. Which, brings me to the reason of this post.

Why doesn't Tony Iommi have a well known nickname, EVH is the king of ten fingers and six strings, Clapton is God, blah, blah, blah. Tony should have a motto that applies to him, and him only.

I'll be seeing him again on August 22, but for some strange unexplainable reason, I haven't been in the right mood to listen to the new 13 album. Each time I play it, I end up switching ti something else.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Edward Van Halen, Randy Rhoads, Ritchie Blackmore & Ace Frehley.

Like Mike
    Van Halen, Page, Hendrix. The rest is optional.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    Van Halen, Page, Hendrix. The rest is optional.
    Yep, just 3 needed.

TROUBLE BUSTIN' THROUGH
    Robert johnson, chuck berry, jimi hendrix, jimmy page, eric clapton, edward van halen, tony iommi, randy rhodes