Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Oakland 81 Videos (VHND.com 720P Upgrades) - Page 3
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Only a little tardy
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    The Oakland & Rochester stuff was shot for Don Kirshner, to promote FW and II.
    Each time, you got three live tracks.

It's possible they did not shoot the entire show's, since these were for TV.
    True. The extra film maybe just extra for a montage or something.

VHND is doing the '79 films next in their upgrade installment. Kinda can't wait to hear that.
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

Git some!
    Quote Originally Posted by KRAMERBOY View Post
    Believe me,if I had the stuff,it would be out there.The 8mm footage Im having a hard time to get out there is because the owner of the material is looking for monetary gain,obviously.I am blessed to have seen that shit,and let me tell you guys,even though its audioless,its fucking a gem to have in our collection!!!!!! I cant go into any deep details about why this and why that,but its definetly focused on trying to get monetary gain out of putting it out there for all to see.This is a CVH site,and to me,1978-1984 Van Halen is all there is,period.At this stage in the game,all that matters is footage of that era.Yeah,the new album and new music is cool and all that shit,but lets face it,1978-1984 VH is the most captivating phase of their career.All the unseen video footage and music they have to share but yet refuse is beyond me guys.I give VHND tons of credit to keep pushing the envelope just like me to get this shit out there.Jeff is a die hard as you can tell and is trying his ass off to get it out there.Back in the day,about 20 years ago,Eruption video was our only hope for unearthed gems to surface.I don't need to mention names of that brief video supplier,but they know who they are,and what United State they were working out of instead the state they moved to now.All I can say at this point is that this stuff is out there and sooooo close to being released,whether it be an official band release or fan bootleg.I thank God for giving me the opportunity to see that 8mm backyard footage,that just like all of you,didnt think existed,but believe me it does!!! That 1980 Invasion pro shot that I told all of you about is close on being put out there.That show is FUCKING killer!!!!! Just like Fresno 79,you know that whole show exists.What do you think,after they filmed Youre No Good,DTNA,and Bottoms Up!,they turned the camera off? Fuck no!!!!! That film kept rolling.Then you have the photo shoot for WACF in black and white.Theres a still shot of one of the photos during that shoot where you see a guy about 5 feet away from the band with a camera and a video tape inside that camera rolling.Where the fuck is that tape?? You know its out there.Give Jeff a high 5 for his continued quest over at VHND for the REAL VH footage to get out there.As he is doing his best,I am also over here on the east coast doing mine.Its gonna be out there for us.Hang in there
    If this doesn't happen, I'm going to find you and hit you with a frankie-striped shovel.
    Ready, Eddie!

#1 Edward Clone Guitarist
    Inside 5150 collecting beer cans. Jamming out at 5150
    LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. That was great brother!!!!!!!!!! The funny thing is,I wouldn't doubt you can find one of those.HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Keep partying with 1978-1984 Mighty Van Halen.The old footage is all that we have left.It would be sooooo fucking nice if the band would do a Kissology volume 1 type of official release of their hayday.Every little backstage snippet and anything 197? - 1984 that was captured on film.Clean it all up with todays software technology,3 dvd box set with booklet inside with some tidbits and the 1st album cover logo on the box.Imagine that!!!!!!Even a Cliff Em All type format dvd would fucking do!!!! Watch how fast stores would be selling out and how many would be on backorder.Finding this stuff and getting the opportunity to view it,like I do,is what is more exciting than any kind of new tour or new music.VHs prime is 78-84.Thats why this a CVH site that is dedicated to phase 1 of their career.I don't vivsit here much because of being so busy with things,but when I do,I just love seeing the posts and comments from the die hard fans that cant get enough of phase 1 VH.I was alive during that period,and their music was my teenage lifes soundtrack.Edward is the reason I play guitar.
    ARE YOU READY TO GET DOWN?! I GIVE YOU, THE MIGHTY VAN HALEN!
    "Its very simply the best guitar you can buy today"Anonymous circa 1983

Giving Dave A Break
    Here's a song for ya

EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by KRAMERBOY View Post
    LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. That was great brother!!!!!!!!!! The funny thing is,I wouldn't doubt you can find one of those.HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Keep partying with 1978-1984 Mighty Van Halen.The old footage is all that we have left.It would be sooooo fucking nice if the band would do a Kissology volume 1 type of official release of their hayday.Every little backstage snippet and anything 197? - 1984 that was captured on film.Clean it all up with todays software technology,3 dvd box set with booklet inside with some tidbits and the 1st album cover logo on the box.Imagine that!!!!!!Even a Cliff Em All type format dvd would fucking do!!!! Watch how fast stores would be selling out and how many would be on backorder.Finding this stuff and getting the opportunity to view it,like I do,is what is more exciting than any kind of new tour or new music.VHs prime is 78-84.Thats why this a CVH site that is dedicated to phase 1 of their career.I don't vivsit here much because of being so busy with things,but when I do,I just love seeing the posts and comments from the die hard fans that cant get enough of phase 1 VH.I was alive during that period,and their music was my teenage lifes soundtrack.Edward is the reason I play guitar.
    The next time you get to view some of that early footage , you should have some kind of spy camera on you !
    You know , like those reporters or undercover agents wear in a sting operation or undercover story ... Sneaky but effective
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick AVH fan View Post
    True. The extra film maybe just extra for a montage or something.

VHND is doing the '79 films next in their upgrade installment. Kinda can't wait to hear that.
    The '79 videos are beyond cool . I also really enjoy the Fresno live bootleg footage .
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by rawkinrobbievh1 View Post
    The '79 videos are beyond cool . I also really enjoy the Fresno live bootleg footage .
    I think I like the '79 vids just as much as the Oakland ones. Al's Octobans sound sweet, especially on "You're No Good".
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    I think I like the '79 vids just as much as the Oakland ones. Al's Octobans sound sweet, especially on "You're No Good".
    I was watching the '79 bootleg vids today . They are easily on par with Oakland , in terms of nostalgia/cool and energy . I'd die a happy man if there was some stuff in the vaults from that era .

The 3 released videos from VHII are fantastic to watch . I just wish that some of the editing had been done a bit better . It's a common issue with concert footage - when Eddie (or any guitarist) is playing a lead or solo fill , don't cut to a shot of him playing a chord !!! LOL
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."

Yours truly, As Is
    I was watching the '79 bootleg vids today . They are easily on par with Oakland , in terms of nostalgia/cool and energy . I'd die a happy man if there was some stuff in the vaults from that era .

The 3 released videos from VHII are fantastic to watch . I just wish that some of the editing had been done a bit better . It's a common issue with concert footage - when Eddie (or any guitarist) is playing a lead or solo fill , don't cut to a shot of him playing a chord !!! LOL
    Ha, yeah, there are also some noticably "odd" shots of Al on those old vids, particularly on So This Is Love and DTNA.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Only a little tardy
    That's what I meant by the '79 videos, unless I'm misunderstanding. Editing is a bit wonky on those vids, I do agree to that.
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN