Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Oakland 81 Videos (VHND.com 720P Upgrades) - Page 2
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Giving Dave A Break
    So this is love - now up

? ? ? ?
    This is absolutely an amazing up-grade. (So This Is Love).They also have up-loaded Hear About It Later.

So hear it with your eye's and view it with your ears...(((WHAT!)))
    Last edited by MrSmooth67; June 12th, 2013 at 06:49 PM.
    Why behave in public if your living on a playground?

#1 Edward Clone Guitarist
    Inside 5150 collecting beer cans. Jamming out at 5150
    Believe me,if I had the stuff,it would be out there.The 8mm footage Im having a hard time to get out there is because the owner of the material is looking for monetary gain,obviously.I am blessed to have seen that shit,and let me tell you guys,even though its audioless,its fucking a gem to have in our collection!!!!!! I cant go into any deep details about why this and why that,but its definetly focused on trying to get monetary gain out of putting it out there for all to see.This is a CVH site,and to me,1978-1984 Van Halen is all there is,period.At this stage in the game,all that matters is footage of that era.Yeah,the new album and new music is cool and all that shit,but lets face it,1978-1984 VH is the most captivating phase of their career.All the unseen video footage and music they have to share but yet refuse is beyond me guys.I give VHND tons of credit to keep pushing the envelope just like me to get this shit out there.Jeff is a die hard as you can tell and is trying his ass off to get it out there.Back in the day,about 20 years ago,Eruption video was our only hope for unearthed gems to surface.I don't need to mention names of that brief video supplier,but they know who they are,and what United State they were working out of instead the state they moved to now.All I can say at this point is that this stuff is out there and sooooo close to being released,whether it be an official band release or fan bootleg.I thank God for giving me the opportunity to see that 8mm backyard footage,that just like all of you,didnt think existed,but believe me it does!!! That 1980 Invasion pro shot that I told all of you about is close on being put out there.That show is FUCKING killer!!!!! Just like Fresno 79,you know that whole show exists.What do you think,after they filmed Youre No Good,DTNA,and Bottoms Up!,they turned the camera off? Fuck no!!!!! That film kept rolling.Then you have the photo shoot for WACF in black and white.Theres a still shot of one of the photos during that shoot where you see a guy about 5 feet away from the band with a camera and a video tape inside that camera rolling.Where the fuck is that tape?? You know its out there.Give Jeff a high 5 for his continued quest over at VHND for the REAL VH footage to get out there.As he is doing his best,I am also over here on the east coast doing mine.Its gonna be out there for us.Hang in there
    ARE YOU READY TO GET DOWN?! I GIVE YOU, THE MIGHTY VAN HALEN!
    "Its very simply the best guitar you can buy today"Anonymous circa 1983

Band Manager
    mar2012.jpg

Notice the video cameraman up top between the big Van Halen sign, from this '84 Monster Of Rock tour.

The three official promo video's from 1979 for Don Kirshners , (and later on, MTV), were filmed in Rochester, N.Y. at the War Memorial on 5-18-79. Not Fresno as some think, probably confusing it with the Fresno bootleg footage.

I didnt realize " Eruption Video " was the same folks involved in the VH store. That is where I got some of my first bootlegs thru an advert in Circus or Hit Parader way back in the late 80's, early '90's. Still have all the VHS and cassette tapes, but can't find the catalog. It listed the 30 or so unreleased VH songs on the back and which show had what. The cover was a bright dayglo orange photocopy with the famous back picture of WACF. I seem to recall they were based out of Omaha, Nebraska but may be wrong about that. The VH Rarites compilation video had the three higher quality US Festival songs that were recently upgraded last month on the VHND.

I taped these 3 official Oakland '81 video's and '79 ones directly of of the much music t.v. station, when they aired them all at once, so I always had what I thought was pretty good quality sound and audio.

That Texxas Jam documentary has been struggling to be released for 6 years now. Even when it does come out I'll be really surprised if there is anything from VH, other than pictures and commentary by other people like Eddie Money, Aerosmith, or Ted Nugent. Speaking of which, there is some killer footage of Nugent from '77 thru '81 that is on YouTube, he is another one who needs to put out live video from his peak years.

Hopefully, more new old footage will show up, but I won't hold my breath.
    Last edited by Heisenberg; June 13th, 2013 at 01:50 AM.

Roadie
    KB has some great info here. A pro-shot 1980 show would be equally mind-blowing as the Oakland/81 show.
    The band has waited so long it's such a shame. I have my doubts VH is ever gonna do official release. judging by the 25yrs+ they had so far. But maybe they are opening up to it in their old age.. who knows!!!

At this point all I want to hear from someone is... "yeah we recorded full Oakland shows. we didn't like the footage so we only cut 3 vids"
    Roadies and MA have said they don't think full shows exist. Can't believe MA can't remember? but they were rock stars partying...maybe the details 30yrs ago are fuzzy. haha

But yeah just knowing it does or doesn't exist would be a step...although the years of debating and detective work is sorta fun.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by thismusicsux View Post
    KB has some great info here. A pro-shot 1980 show would be equally mind-blowing as the Oakland/81 show.
    The band has waited so long it's such a shame. I have my doubts VH is ever gonna do official release. judging by the 25yrs+ they had so far. But maybe they are opening up to it in their old age.. who knows!!!

At this point all I want to hear from someone is... "yeah we recorded full Oakland shows. we didn't like the footage so we only cut 3 vids"
    Roadies and MA have said they don't think full shows exist. Can't believe MA can't remember? but they were rock stars partying...maybe the details 30yrs ago are fuzzy. haha

But yeah just knowing it does or doesn't exist would be a step...although the years of debating and detective work is sorta fun.
    I believe that they just filmed the 3 songs in Oakland, and some additional footage of key parts of the show (the VH sign coming down, the end and beginning of the show, distance shots....filler stuff). It falls right in line with what they did in 1979, record 3 tunes from their latest record for promotional purposes. The only unseen stuff I would think, is the complete footage from each camera, that they pieced the complete videos together from. I'm sure there is more, but I doubt there is a whole show (that would be about 6 times more expensive to film!)
    Last edited by 1234over; June 13th, 2013 at 04:16 AM.

EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by KRAMERBOY View Post
    Believe me,if I had the stuff,it would be out there.The 8mm footage Im having a hard time to get out there is because the owner of the material is looking for monetary gain,obviously.I am blessed to have seen that shit,and let me tell you guys,even though its audioless,its fucking a gem to have in our collection!!!!!! I cant go into any deep details about why this and why that,but its definetly focused on trying to get monetary gain out of putting it out there for all to see.This is a CVH site,and to me,1978-1984 Van Halen is all there is,period.At this stage in the game,all that matters is footage of that era.Yeah,the new album and new music is cool and all that shit,but lets face it,1978-1984 VH is the most captivating phase of their career.All the unseen video footage and music they have to share but yet refuse is beyond me guys.I give VHND tons of credit to keep pushing the envelope just like me to get this shit out there.Jeff is a die hard as you can tell and is trying his ass off to get it out there.Back in the day,about 20 years ago,Eruption video was our only hope for unearthed gems to surface.I don't need to mention names of that brief video supplier,but they know who they are,and what United State they were working out of instead the state they moved to now.All I can say at this point is that this stuff is out there and sooooo close to being released,whether it be an official band release or fan bootleg.I thank God for giving me the opportunity to see that 8mm backyard footage,that just like all of you,didnt think existed,but believe me it does!!! That 1980 Invasion pro shot that I told all of you about is close on being put out there.That show is FUCKING killer!!!!! Just like Fresno 79,you know that whole show exists.What do you think,after they filmed Youre No Good,DTNA,and Bottoms Up!,they turned the camera off? Fuck no!!!!! That film kept rolling.Then you have the photo shoot for WACF in black and white.Theres a still shot of one of the photos during that shoot where you see a guy about 5 feet away from the band with a camera and a video tape inside that camera rolling.Where the fuck is that tape?? You know its out there.Give Jeff a high 5 for his continued quest over at VHND for the REAL VH footage to get out there.As he is doing his best,I am also over here on the east coast doing mine.Its gonna be out there for us.Hang in there
    I give major props to guys like you and Jeff , for keeping the spirit alive . I think we can all agree that your efforts are appreciated !!!
    The waiting/speculation has been ongoing but i'm hanging in for more gems to surface .

What kind of monetary gain is your contact looking for , does that person have a $$ amount in mind ?
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

Roadie
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    I believe that they just filmed the 3 songs in Oakland, and some additional footage of key parts of the show (the VH sign coming down, the end and beginning of the show, distance shots....filler stuff). It falls right in line with what they did in 1979, record 3 tunes from their latest record for promotional purposes. The only unseen stuff I would think, is the complete footage from each camera, that they pieced the complete videos together from. I'm sure there is more, but I doubt there is a whole show (that would be about 6 times more expensive to film!)
    yeah doing video was much more expensive back then. Still a shame if the whole thing was rigged and setup for 3 days. Plus we know LARGO had in-house cams for all shows there, maybe less cost since in-house and setup all the time.

The Producers of VH Oakland '81 were GOWERS, FIELDS, FLATTERY PRODUCTIONS. think they've been discussed here before. You'd think they might remember the details, they surely would remember recording the full show or not (even if 32 yrs ago!).

KRAMERBOY, have you tried them as a source?

They've probably long forgotten about Oakland 81 (looks like Paul is still active producing Sandy Relief concert recently)...but still might lead somewhere.
    Last edited by thismusicsux; June 13th, 2013 at 01:19 PM.

Only a little tardy
    It's one of those mysterious that we'll never know till something comes out of the VH camp either claiming or disclaiming. I suppose it doesn't hurt to hope that there isn't more of Oakland. I have no doubt that there's more of other shows as well, it only seems recent that more 80/81 shows are appearing from the abyss. And great quality too.
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

No cheer******s allowed!
    The Oakland & Rochester stuff was shot for Don Kirshner, to promote FW and II.
    Each time, you got three live tracks.

It's possible they did not shoot the entire show's, since these were for TV.