Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Favorite parts of the officially released VH videos ?
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
    EVH diehard ...

Favorite parts of the officially released VH videos ?

Van Halen are known as a live band . A kickass live band !!!
    They have put out some neat videos too . Some were concept ideas , and some were performance clips . The 1978-1998 eras had examples of this .

There's lot's of cool moments in most of that footage .
    Name 'em ...
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

Yours truly, As Is
    The intro to Unchained in Oakland, when Ed kicks into the riff and Dave yells, "Everybody up!" Gets the adrenaline flowing every time...

The guys swingin from the bungee cord over the stage during the Panama vid. Still laugh at Al chugging/spilling the Schlitz while swinging.

Al's uh, dancing "skills" in HFT.

When the camera pans the crowd in Panama and there is the Weird Al lookalike in the flannel shirt fist pumping and screaming, "Yeah!"
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Giving Dave A Break
    The HFT dance sequence immediately came to mind. That whole video is just great, from Waldo's mom sticking his hair back down, the 'my socks are too loose' line, Dave getting the "sit down, Waldo" gestures around the wrong way (intentionally?), the mini me VH kids, the hot teacher (of course), the dance sequences where, ironically, Al is mostly out of time, and what they went on to become at the end. It's just the ultimate rock video and also by far the best rock boogie ever written.

Only a little tardy
    Damn, I need to find the rest of that Graspop concert.

EVH diehard ...
    The video for "Jump" was a lot of fun . I was always blown away by how fast Eddie's fingers were moving during the keyboard solo !
    As a kid , that kind of dexterity seemed impossible

The "Panama" video had some great footage . I liked the way it ended , with Eddie tossing his guitar pick .
    "Hot for Teacher" is a masterpiece ! Probably my favorite of the bunch .

The promo vids for "DTNA" and "You're No Good" have a really nice feel to them . It was great to see footage from that era .

The oft-mentioned trio from Oakland are hard to top . I like the ending of "Unchained" , where Al is pounding on the flaming gong , and Eddie is burning off those palm muted staccato licks . The ad libbed guitar solo in the middle of the song was always cool to hear , as well .

Eddie's loose interpretation of the HAIL solo was a fun thrill ride . I love the whammy bar dips he does , mimicking the octave melody at the top .
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."

EVH diehard ...
    I always liked the "Runaround" video . I loved seeing Eddie EBMM trans purple guitar , as well as the one with a painted "Frankie" graphic .
    The revolving stage was neat .

I still wish i could've seen the video they shot for "I'll wait" .
    The obscure clip for "Loss of Control" was ... different ! LOL

I thought the ice hotel from "Without You" was a cool idea . No pun intended .
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."

EVH diehard ...
    I was recently watching a dvd collection that I sent away for . It has all the officially released VH videos from the Dave era . I'm still blown away by the vids for DTNA and You're No Good . Both of those live clips are fantastic !!! Some poor editing , but that's not the band's fault . Great energy in those days .
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."