Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Happy Belated Birthday!
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ? ? ? ?

Happy Belated Birthday!

I would like to wish Alex Van Halen a Happy Belated Birthday... Alex turned 60 on May 8th. I also want to toot my own horn and wish myself a Happy Belated Birthday as well as I turned 46... I did recieve a birthday e-mail yesterday from CVH... Thank You for the e-mail It really made my day seeings that my own children forgot. I had to leave them little clues. My son figured it out right away. My daughter however not so much. Her clue was this. I told her that AVH was having a Birthday and I was hoping she would remember her Farther was celebrating his too... her reply to me was "How old is he"....Kids theses days.

Attachment 43305
    Why behave in public if your living on a playground?

Yours truly, As Is
    Happy belated Birthday to the best, most underrated drummer on the planet. Hard to believe he's 60. Sensei is a machine.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmooth67 View Post
    I would like to wish Alex Van Halen a Happy Belated Birthday... Alex turned 60 on May 8th. I also want to toot my own horn and wish myself a Happy Belated Birthday as well as I turned 46... I did recieve a birthday e-mail yesterday from CVH... Thank You for the e-mail It really made my day seeings that my own children forgot. I had to leave them little clues. My son figured it out right away. My daughter however not so much. Her clue was this. I told her that AVH was having a Birthday and I was hoping she would remember her Farther was celebrating his too... her reply to me was "How old is he"....Kids theses days.

Attachment 43305
    Great drummer!

Much better in 1981, though...

Only a little tardy
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    Great drummer!

Much better in 1981, though...
    I can contest that. His chops are still amazing to this day, his playing live has never disappointed me, even in the Hagar/Cherone years. Yes, he was a wild, crazy artillery gunner in those days. I absolutely love his fills that he parallels with Ed. Just wow. Today, I'm still amazed. Especially on ADKOT, which is the musician I was most blown away with. His drums are still loud cannons, but he's become that conductor on his artillery battalion. Just so smooth but big.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick AVH fan View Post
    I can contest that. His chops are still amazing to this day, his playing live has never disappointed me, even in the Hagar/Cherone years. Yes, he was a wild, crazy artillery gunner in those days. I absolutely love his fills that he parallels with Ed. Just wow. Today, I'm still amazed. Especially on ADKOT, which is the musician I was most blown away with. His drums are still loud cannons, but he's become that conductor on his artillery battalion. Just so smooth but big.
    Oh, come on, Nick...

I'm just trying to irritate the cheerleaders.

Only a little tardy
    Oh, come on, Nick...

I'm just trying to irritate the cheerleaders.
    But they have you on ignore, so it won't work LOL.

I love his playing in 80, 81 though. Damn.

Yours truly, As Is
    Exactly! To use Al's own words, he used to "bash and crash" but now he's more "refined". But, yet he can still bash and crash when he needs to, or when the song calls for it. He's a pro's pro, never making a mistake.

There are times when I miss Alex the Animal with the flaming drumsticks and gong too, but with the neck and back problems he's endured over the years, I rejoice that we still have the cool Chester Cheetah Sensei Alex to enjoy these days.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

No cheer******s allowed!
    But they have you on ignore, so it won't work LOL.

I love his playing in 80, 81 though. Damn.
    They are too obsessed with me to ever "ignore."
    Why put me on ignore if you're gonna bring me up in every other thread?

Jungle Dipshit likes to dish it out, then hide behind his "ignore" button.

Back on topic...

1981 WAS one hell of a year!
    Al's drumset was S.I.C.K. (and he sounded amazing).

Yours truly, As Is
    They are too obsessed with me to ever "ignore."
    Why put me on ignore if you're gonna bring me up in every other thread?

Jungle Dipshit likes to dish it out, then hide behind his "ignore" button.

Back on topic...

1981 WAS one hell of a year!
    Al's drumset was S.I.C.K. (and he sounded amazing).
    I said my final snide post in the cd player thread earlier and that's that. You wanna keep trying to bait me into more pissing contests go ahead and knock your socks off. It will be a lonely, one sided argument with yourself.

And yes, Al's FW kit looked and sounded incredible. Several of his kits are better than anybody else's kits I've ever seen, he's always had a nack for coming up with totally unique looking kits.

Band Manager

Cool

I'm sick of wishing happy birthday's to people I don't know on the internet.

Fuck off everybody.

Unchainedback.jpg