Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Spam vs New Members ? - Page 19
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    Webmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by wimpyliberalbuster32 View Post
    Wow....the users online bar is so CLEAN.....did you block China on a hunch or did you read something?
    I checked out some of the IP's of the obvious spammers and they were all from China. I highly doubt we have any Chinese members here so the rational thing to do is deny those IP's. Seems to be working
    Webmaster
    ClassicVanHalen.com

Webmaster
    I've been away for a couple weeks. Looks like not much if any spam?? Everything go ok here?
    Webmaster
    ClassicVanHalen.com

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by VH Freak View Post
    I've been away for a couple weeks. Looks like not much if any spam?? Everything go ok here?
    I havent seen any spammers for awhile. It's refreshing to log on and only see "real" members also logged on instead of dozens of random letter/number combination usernames. Good job, Freak.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    I havent seen any spammers for awhile. It's refreshing to log on and only see "real" members also logged on instead of dozens of random letter/number combination usernames. Good job, Freak.
    I know what you mean !
    Freak has done a good job of putting the kibosh on "some" of the spam/troll garbage .
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by rawkinrobbievh1 View Post
    I know what you mean !
    Freak has done a good job of putting the kibosh on "some" of the spam/troll garbage .
    But what about the idiotic assholes? They are roaming free on this board.

Can I get a "spot on, 1234".....?
    Last edited by 1234over; June 21st, 2013 at 04:25 AM.

EVH diehard ...
    I think it's SOOOO very telling , when our Webmaster logs in .

All of a sudden , the 321's , Smoothie's , Ed Head's , musicsux's , etc. log OFF !!!
    Then , a few minutes later ( when Freak is not here) the spammers creep in again . Crazy . Sad . Impotent .

Haha
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."

Band Manager
    I think it's SOOOO very telling , when our Webmaster logs in .

All of a sudden , the 321's , Smoothie's , Ed Head's , musicsux's , etc. log OFF !!!
    Then , a few minutes later ( when Freak is not here) the spammers creep in again . Crazy . Sad . Impotent .

Haha
    What is it that you are worried about?

I can't figure out why you think there is a conspiracy, what you think any of these people might be trying to accomplish, or how it might effect you.
    Last edited by 1234over; August 12th, 2013 at 08:45 PM.

EVH diehard ...
    Our Webmaster is a good guy , and he appreciates ALL eras of VH . He told me in an email .

Some people want to be tough or cool behind a computer screen , and seem like the social butterflies that they clearly aren't , in reality and real life .
    Funny that i suggested how our "legit" members would gladly donate $$ to this site , as a sign of good faith and integrity .

The trolls were squirming over that one !!!!
    When a supposed "legit" (and i use that term very loosely) member has a profile that blatantly states "I'm a troll ,,, I conquer these sites ... I have several aliases ...I'm also known as UG , vhjack , etc." There's a problem .

And yup - Van Jolson continues to spark the Links .

The Asian and Russian 1t1t2t spambots have been erased , but the 1234goof posters looking for "entertainment" are pathetic .
    SOME OF US take this site seriously , and care about the music . Some like to troll and f*ck around because it's "not real" .
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."

Band Manager
    01_corn.jpg

Say what now.

Band Manager
    Our Webmaster is a good guy , and he appreciates ALL eras of VH . He told me in an email .

Some people want to be tough or cool behind a computer screen , and seem like the social butterflies that they clearly aren't , in reality and real life .
    Funny that i suggested how our "legit" members would gladly donate $$ to this site , as a sign of good faith and integrity .

The trolls were squirming over that one !!!!
    When a supposed "legit" (and i use that term very loosely) member has a profile that blatantly states "I'm a troll ,,, I conquer these sites ... I have several aliases ...I'm also known as UG , vhjack , etc." There's a problem .

And yup - Van Jolson continues to spark the Links .

The Asian and Russian 1t1t2t spambots have been erased , but the 1234goof posters looking for "entertainment" are pathetic .
    SOME OF US take this site seriously , and care about the music . Some like to troll and f*ck around because it's "not real" .
    Oh Rawkhead, you must be bored.

Van Jolson told me, to tell you, that he wants to meet up with you over at the links, so you two can cross swords.