Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Van Halen in Sydney Australia April o' 2013.
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast
    Doug from Oz

Van Halen in Sydney Australia April o' 2013.

James Ryan and I have our plane tix, we is UP FRONT!!!

http://www.tonedeaf.com.au/news/tour...c-festival.htm

EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by dougsteele View Post
    James Ryan and I have our plane tix, we is UP FRONT!!!

http://www.tonedeaf.com.au/news/tour...c-festival.htm
    You're in for a real treat !!!
    My first time seeing Van Halen was also from the front row . I highly recommend it
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

Groupie
    Seeing as my other post got deleted along with all my other ones....

I'm trying to get a ticket to the show as we speak, but I'm a bit blah about going to a festival featuring a bunch of artists that I don't particularly like. And I don't want to spend 170 bucks just to see Van Halen - and probably not getting a good seat either. For that much, I saw Prince up close!

EVH diehard ...
    $170 to see VH isn't really all that bad . That's about the price of a premium ticket to see them over here (not counting the VIP package seats) .

You get a festival setting and there's a few other worthwhile acts on the bill too , not to mention that it's VH w/Dave in Australia !!!
    That's unprecedented .
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

Groupie
    170 I think is for the cheapest seats. I don't know, I would really love to see them but I honestly don't have any friends who are into the band, so it'd just be me, haha. That said I did end up seeing Prince by myself, so I don't know what I'm complaining about.

I know the law, friend.
    Well, looks like your concert experience just got even better..............

Aerosmith Cancel Stadium Show To Join Van Halen at Stone Music Festival

Read more: http://www.vhnd.com/2013/04/05/aeros...#ixzz2PgGwi8No
    "I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

Groupie
    Oh God I wanna go so bad, but I don't want to deal with a festival atmosphere....if it was just VH or VH and Aerosmith sharing a bill, I'd be there in a heartbeat. But festivals suck unless you're into pooping in port-o-loos and waiting in line for a million hours to get food/drinks and you're cool with getting muddy and dirty. I don't like any of those things. I really, really should go but....eh.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    Quote Originally Posted by blackat View Post
    Oh God I wanna go so bad, but I don't want to deal with a festival atmosphere....if it was just VH or VH and Aerosmith sharing a bill, I'd be there in a heartbeat. But festivals suck unless you're into pooping in port-o-loos and waiting in line for a million hours to get food/drinks and you're cool with getting muddy and dirty. I don't like any of those things. I really, really should go but....eh.
    forget the portaloos, just poop in your pants, we all do that at festivals - hey aerosmith are on the bill too - you gotta go babe

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by blackat View Post
    I am with ya! Roth mentioned Coachella, and I cringed. It's probably a good way to get in front of a new audience, but I won't be one of them.

As an aside, I think that those kind of huge shows should have something special and unique about the event, but Van Halen seems to do the same show for a whole tour. Of course the exception was the Us Festival. I would hope when they play this festival, they have a different stage set, and something different in the show (not the same "dog story" and rap from Roth. How about a new cover song, or even better debut a new tune!
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

Like Mike
    I'd pay $170 in a heartbeat to see Van Halen if I had the chance. Hell, if I was in Aus this month, I'd pay for a plane ticket to Sydney to see them.