Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Black Sabbath New Album Release Date + New Video with New Material Released
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Like Mike

Black Sabbath New Album Release Date + New Video with New Material Released

After much speculation, Black Sabbath have finally announced the release date for ’13,’ their new album. Today (March 13, fittingly), the band said that the record will come out in a variety of formats on June 11 in the U.S. and June 10 for the rest of the world.

In addition to the full album on CD and 180-gram vinyl, fans can purchase a set that also contains a second CD of exclusive bonus audio. The Super Deluxe box set has both the double CD and vinyl versions of ’13,’ along with a DVD documenting the band’s reunion with five behind-the-scenes videos, a card that will allow you to download track-by-track interviews with the band, 13 photos and the album’s lyrics handwritten by the band.

Although the album will not be available for nearly three months, Sabbath is accepting pre-orders for ’13,’ and entering all purchasers into a contest to win tickets to the album’s official launch event in London, which will include a meet-and-greet with the band.

The band also released a video (embedded below) featuring the band and producer Rick Rubin discussing the work, along with just enough of the new music offered as a tease. Rubin, in particular, was very enthusiastic about working with the rock legends. “Getting to come to work every day and hearing Black Sabbath play,” he said. “It stimulates something in me, just like when I was 14 years old…That same thing gets turned on, and it’s a really good feeling.”

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/black...-release-date/

http://www.blacksabbath.com/

Some tasty riffs in there! Not sure about Ozzy's vocals, though. Rick Rubin is such a creep...

Band Manager

Cool

Oh, this is gonna be good.

Check out the lenghth , titles, and subjects of some of those tunes. Tony Iommi always comes up with some sick riffs on each album. I think Rick Rubin being a fan will bring out the absolute best of all of them.

It suddenly occured to me, that Rick Rubin did the first Danzig album if I'm not mistaken, as well as the best Slayer albums and the last ZZ Top album. I expect it to be badass.

It is too bad Dio had to pass away before this would happen though. It would be cool if they dedicated or thanked him in the credits. Sabbath is the only band I like more with the second singer.
    Last edited by Heisenberg; March 14th, 2013 at 01:57 AM.

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Oh, this is gonna be good.

Check out the lenghth , titles, and subjects of some of those tunes. Tony Iommi always comes up with some sick riffs on each album. I think Rick Rubin being a fan will bring out the absolute best of all of them.

It suddenly occured to me, that Rick Rubin did the first Danzig album if I'm not mistaken, as well as the best Slayer albums and the last ZZ Top album. I expect it to be badass.
    The only issue with Rubin is that a lot of the new records he produces have extremely compressed production. I hope that that isn't the case with this album... That type of sound really wouldn't work with Sabbath.

But those new riffs are cooking! Tony always comes up with something. Always.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    The only issue with Rubin is that a lot of the new records he produces have extremely compressed production. I hope that that isn't the case with this album... That type of sound really wouldn't work with Sabbath.

But those new riffs are cooking! Tony always comes up with something. Always.
    I was also surprised to hear the drummer has a jazzy type of vibe, it will be very interesting to say the least.

But it will most likely have that compressed sound though. I would be surprised if it didn't.

The last " Devil You Know " album with Dio was pretty loud and heavy, but not as much as the recent VH and last Metallica. Have to wait and see.

The last new Sabbath tunes with Ozzy on the live reunion album were horrible, it was compressed up the wazoo, and that was before the fucking ipods even came out, so who knows what their logic is in that regard. I hated that live album.

It will be cool to hear some new stuff when they tour, as opposed to the same old stuff from the first three albums. Would love to hear more obscure tracks played live, from Sabatoge, SBS, and Vol 4. They played Wheels Of Confusion at one of last summers shows.

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I was also surprised to hear the drummer has a jazzy type of vibe, it will be very interesting to say the least.

But it will most likely have that compressed sound though. I would be surprised if it didn't.

The last " Devil You Know " album with Dio was pretty loud and heavy, but not as much as the recent VH and last Metallica. Have to wait and see.

The last new Sabbath tunes with Ozzy on the live reunion album were horrible, it was compressed up the wazoo, and that was before the fucking ipods even came out, so who knows what their logic is in that regard. I hated that live album.

It will be cool to hear some new stuff when they tour, as opposed to the same old stuff from the first three albums. Would love to hear more obscure tracks played live, from Sabatoge, SBS, and Vol 4. They played Wheels Of Confusion at one of last summers shows.
    They've been digging into the deep cuts for these recent shows... I'm shattered that they finally came to Australia when I'm not even there. Ah well.

They need to realise that Sabbath Bloody Sabbath and Sabotage were their pinnacle. More songs need to be played from those albums.

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation

They need to realise that Sabbath Bloody Sabbath and Sabotage were their pinnacle. More songs need to be played from those albums.
    Agreed. Not so sure what to expect from this reunion. I'll wait and see/hear what's going on.
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. It’s just me and Al — a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and we’re good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. He’s no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, I’ll probably go with him.” GC

TROUBLE BUSTIN' THROUGH
    Drummer from Rage? WOW.

The compression and over-limiting actually happens at the mastering level, after the songs have been mixed and they're taking the raw recordings and punching them up before they go on the CD. It would be interesting to look at the inserts and see who did the mastering.

Does Rick Rubin have a legitimate thing against chairs, like a back problem? I remember back in the `80's he did an interview with MTV laying on his back, which looked really arrogant and pretentious, and then in these Sabbath clips he's conducting the recording session from a futon.

Like Mike
    What does everyone think of the new riffs?