Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Brand new Rolling Stone interview with Dave - Page 9
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 214
  1. #81
    Yours truly, As Is
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Starwood, WA or is it Gazzariville?
    Posts
    5,800
    Quote Originally Posted by Mallonmusic View Post
    Yea but i can't help but think there time is running out.

    This is true, they arent getting any younger, and Dave alludes to that in the interview. He can see the light at the end of the tunnel and I think he wants to do as much as he can before the inevitable end. I'm sensing Al, too, is just as restless...if we are gonna believe everything else Dave is saying in this interview, than why not also believe what he's saying regarding Al? But, is Ed feeling restless? Man, I'd like to see VH play Coachella or some other big festivals around the world, if only to atleast get Van Halen in front of some largely young audiences...

    Also, a serious surgery is no small thing, and can affect a person's psyche adversely. Even if Ed is fine physically, he may not be up to the rigors of getting the creative juices flowing mentally...yet.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

    Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

    Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

  2. #82
    Love ya moms......
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    This is true, they arent getting any younger, and Dave alludes to that in the interview. He can see the light at the end of the tunnel and I think he wants to do as much as he can before the inevitable end. I'm sensing Al, too, is just as restless...if we are gonna believe everything else Dave is saying in this interview, than why not also believe what he's saying regarding Al? But, is Ed feeling restless? Man, I'd like to see VH play Coachella or some other big festivals around the world, if only to atleast get Van Halen in front of some largely young audiences...

    Also, a serious surgery is no small thing, and can affect a person's psyche adversely. Even if Ed is fine physically, he may not be up to the rigors of getting the creative juices flowing mentally...yet.
    IDK man....Ive seen people older then EVH recover from diverticulitis in a much much shorter time span.

  3. #83
    Yours truly, As Is
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Starwood, WA or is it Gazzariville?
    Posts
    5,800
    Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand View Post
    IDK man....Ive seen people older then EVH recover from diverticulitis in a much much shorter time span.
    There are differing severities of divirticulitis, but I wasnt really talking about the specific illness or physically recovering. I mean, some people react better psychologically to going under the knife, others do not. My sister worked at a hospital for several years as a CNA and the psychological effects can be just as tough to recover from, if not more, than the physical effects.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

    Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

    Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

  4. #84
    Band Manager
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know?
    Posts
    3,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    There are differing severities of divirticulitis, but I wasnt really talking about the specific illness or physically recovering. I mean, some people react better psychologically to going under the knife, others do not. My sister worked at a hospital for several years as a CNA and the psychological effects can be just as tough to recover from, if not more, than the physical effects.
    Yeah, but this kind of behavior is NOTHING NEW! He has been acting like this for decades. I don't think it has anything to do with his surgery. Didn't you read the interview? They haven't written a song together for almost 30 years!

    You are putting your head in the sand.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.


  5. #85
    No cheer******s allowed!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    28,415
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    Yeah, but this kind of behavior is NOTHING NEW! He has been acting like this for decades. I don't think it has anything to do with his surgery. Didn't you read the interview? They haven't written a song together for almost 30 years!

    You are putting your head in the sand.
    The "Eddie factor" is really starting to become annoying to me.
    Usually, everything has to be on his terms, and i don't see him compromising or putting the band first.

    What really bugs me is that headline in Guitar World: I see us doing this for a long time, this is just the beginning...

    WHAT CHANGED, ED?

    We get that you like playing with your son, but there are other members to consider.
    Stop holding everything up, make a decision one way or the other.

    Also, i'm not too keen on this "floor" thing.
    WTF is the point of dance remixes of, essentially, a hard rock band?

  6. #86
    Band Manager
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,129
    Can you imagine how frustrating it must be to have to deal with Edward Van Halen?
    He's been this way forever.
    Dave's right - he's the Maseratti talent that would rather sit in the garage.
    Or in the case of his alcoholism; run it into the ground.

    Much as I think Sammy is a tool - I understand where he was coming from when he trashed Ed.
    Imagine having to work with this guy?
    He really is the king of passive aggressives.

    Unfortunately, even if Dave were able to get on the road (and I don't think it would ever happen) with Mike, Al, and Jon5 or whoever - I don't think there would be any draw.
    Not at this stage of the game where DLR himself - despite his best efforts is not the DLR of 'yore.
    Sorry but Dave is no Steven Tyler anymore in terms of exposure, and he doesn't resemble his older self in the way that well Tyler does in that respect.
    A VH type tour needs Edward to be a part of it.

  7. #87
    EVH diehard ...
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    7,146
    WOW , this thread has a lot of activity in a short time ! Good to see .

    The interview has a lot of double edged comments by Dave , and some cryptic references too .
    I am gonna wait and see what happens while hoping for the best .

    It's possibly a ploy to ignite Ed's interest in being more proactive , but some of those remarks may prove fatal to his tenure in the current version of VH .
    It's not like things like this haven't been printed before although this was a very candid interview .

    We'll see ...
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

  8. #88
    EVH diehard ...
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    7,146
    I've said this before ....
    Even though Eddie is my guitar idol and i love most of his musical output , he seems like a tyrant to work with .
    His music , his schedule , his way or nothing ...

    I love the music but suspect that EVH isn't such a fun guy to be in the same room with , much less a recording studio .
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

  9. #89
    The menace is loose again
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wheaton, IL
    Posts
    365

    Who Knows What Will Happen?

    You never know what's going to happen with this band. I'll say this though -- for a while I didn't think there'd ever be another VH album or tour with Roth -- Then it happened! I feel like VH paid me for suffering through years of inactivity when ADKOT came out and the tour happened. At this point, anything else that happens is a bonus. I can die happy now. It'd be cool if they did another album and tour with M.A. -- but if it doesn't happen I can live in peace.
    I'm takin' whiskey to the party tonight, An' I'm lookin' for somebody to squeeze...

  10. #90
    Band Manager
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Orbiting among the Rings of Saturn
    Posts
    2,239
    (Howdy Doody Mountain in the not too distant future)
    "Hey Sammy?....it's.......Ed........Eddie..... Eddie Van Halen...."
    "Ed? Really....? Uhhhh, how .....are ...you man? How's the hip holding out?, How's your mouth? How's your hands?"
    "Well, Sammy, it's one day at a time-Oh waitaminute-that was my first wife......"
    (Silence)
    "Hello Sammy? That was a joke man... I'm doing good-how's the Tequilla doing?"
    "I do rum now..."
    "Oh, okay.... listen man.....I know we've been through a lot and I'm awfully sorry about the Samuri hair and all that....."
    "Ed, let's cut to the chase.."
    "Okay man...well...... Dave did it again, said we were wasting time, so he either quit or we fired him-you know how that goes..."
    "Yeaaaaaahhh, I do know something about that.....Mikey says hello"
    "Who?"
    "Nevermind-how's Wolfie doing? Heard he finally got laid in Syracuse.."
    "No that was Valerie, but the two look so much alike we just assumed...anyway, back to cases....we, the Van Halen band, as Roth puts it, need a singer and wanted to know if you wanted to come up here and sing?"
    "I dunno man...Chickenfoot is where I'm at and of course I have the Wabo's as well-can we all come up?"
    "Wha? You mean like, you and the bass player?"
    "No man, I mean everyone-Mikey, Joe, Kenny, Mona, David, Vic, Jesse-EVERYONE! even some of the bimbo waitresses want to be in Van Halen, so it's a all or nothing deal"
    "Fuck man, I dunno...lemme ask Al-oh! Al was listening, he says YES PLEASE!""
    "December 16th, the Dude abides..."

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Fuck you!! Rolling stone.
    By GRAZI in forum Van Halen YouTube Videos
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: May 21st, 2012, 08:50 PM
  2. The Review is in From Rolling Stone Magazine...
    By brianp88 in forum Main Classic Van Halen Discussion Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: February 10th, 2012, 09:36 PM
  3. Rolling Stone updates 100 Greatest guitarsts
    By wimpyliberalbuster32 in forum House of Music
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: November 29th, 2011, 12:34 PM
  4. Upcoming Issue of Rolling Stone
    By Sinner Swing 32 in forum Main Classic Van Halen Discussion Forum
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: March 12th, 2011, 03:34 PM
  5. Rolling stone calls Roth a loser
    By unchainedguitars in forum Main Classic Van Halen Discussion Forum
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: March 1st, 2006, 07:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •