Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Brand new Rolling Stone interview with Dave - Page 18
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    No one's eating crow.

Dave still said what he said.
    Van Halen is playing ONE date in Australia, probably getting paid a lot of money to do so.
    Why are we so ecstatic about this?
    It's Australia!

People, on the links, are reacting like it was just announced a new record was in the works.
    "Oh man, Dave played us..."

No, he didn't.

Do we honestly expect anything beyond a couple isolated dates, outside the US?

I don't think he necessarily "played us". I just said sometimes it feels like it. I think they are always bickering, and as I said, this interview just gave us apeek behind the curtain. I think it will be business as usual, meaning long stretches of inactivity. And I still think that Wolf might not be interested anymore, so Roth wants to convince Ed (and Mike) to continue with Mike in the band.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    I don't think he necessarily "played us". I just said sometimes it feels like it. I think they are always bickering, and as I said, this interview just gave us apeek behind the curtain. I think it will be business as usual, meaning long stretches of inactivity. And I still think that Wolf might not be interested anymore, so Roth wants to convince Ed (and Mike) to continue with Mike in the band.
    The "played us" comment was directed at the Links.

I think they are all over-reacting to this Australian date.
    Who fucking cares?! LOL!

As much as i like Wolf's contribution, i also think he's probably already bored with VH.
    Getting Mike back in, that would be the best case scenario, though more than likely, Ed would retreat
    for another seven years.
    I can't see him keeping his interest, if Wolf bails.

I think these dates may or may not happen.
    Certainly, other issues could arise before they reach the far east.

I don't think Dave is gonna wait around, though, afterwards.

EVH diehard ...
    Who cares ?
    How about the fans down under ? How about those who thought VH were done , and that even the Japan dates wouldn't happen ?

Now we have a huge gig being announced even earlier than the shows in the Orient , and that's a bad thing ?

I must be missing something . I thought that positive news from VH was a good thing ?
    Some people are never satisfied ...
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

EVH diehard ...
    All too often there are those who read way too much into the VH drama .
    I think a lot of the worst case issues we've chatted about have been created by fans (disgruntled or not) over the internet .

Wolf has been jamming with some friends while VH had a break for several reasons .
    There's no more to it !!!
    He's NOT bored with the Halen machine , it's his life and in his bloodline .

Dave made a truthful remark about Mike's vocal range .
    Nothing the guys haven't heard before !

A lot of piss and vinegar was made about the '20 years without writing a tune together' , but look at their last efforts .
    Writing and recording parts apart from each other has been a common work mode for them before .

ADKOT turned out great and so did 1984
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by rawkinrobbievh1 View Post
    All too often there are those who read way too much into the VH drama .
    I think a lot of the worst case issues we've chatted about have been created by fans (disgruntled or not) over the internet .

Wolf has been jamming with some friends while VH had a break for several reasons .
    There's no more to it !!!
    He's NOT bored with the Halen machine , it's his life and in his bloodline .

Dave made a truthful remark about Mike's vocal range .
    Nothing the guys haven't heard before !

A lot of piss and vinegar was made about the '20 years without writing a tune together' , but look at their last efforts .
    Writing and recording parts apart from each other has been a common work mode for them before .

ADKOT turned out great and so did 1984
    You make valid points, Rob, and I'm cautiously optimistic. I think Dave would love to sit in a room with Ed and write from scratch and bounce ideas off each other nowadays, but something tells me he would still settle for receiving demos in the mail from 5150 for him to work on at Henson Studios. He's not stupid.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

EVH diehard ...
    It's been a long time since the guys sat in a room and jammed out riffs for a tune .
    Eddie doesn't generally work that way any more . It's not a fault though .
    He has a strong grasp on what he feels is right for a song or arrangement , so he does the music by himself .

Some bands send Pro Tools tracks to each other in different countries for Pete's sake !

I'm more than impressed by VH's last couple of albums with Roth , regardless of how the tracks came together .
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."

Yours truly, As Is
    It's been a long time since the guys sat in a room and jammed out riffs for a tune .
    Eddie doesn't generally work that way any more . It's not a fault though .
    He has a strong grasp on what he feels is right for a song or arrangement , so he does the music by himself .

Some bands send Pro Tools tracks to each other in different countries for Pete's sake !

I'm more than impressed by VH's last couple of albums with Roth , regardless of how the tracks came together .
    True. As long as Dave has complete control over his own lyrics and vocal melodies, they should be able to crank another record out...
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

EVH diehard ...
    After all those years apart , i don't think anyone told Dave what to sing or how to sing it , on ADKOT .
    He had vocal coaching at Henson Studio's , but that was for technique and breathing , etc.

We all know that there's plenty of music to pick from .
    Dave should be given a hefty wad of about 20 tunes to work with .
    Let him digest the music and then come up with the seeds for another album's worth of material .

Dave's a genius . He isn't gonna pick any lame stuff to work with , after the reception VH had last year .
    A new album should almost be EASY , considering where they came from over the last two decades ! LOL
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."

Yours truly, As Is
    After all those years apart , i don't think anyone told Dave what to sing or how to sing it , on ADKOT .
    He had vocal coaching at Henson Studio's , but that was for technique and breathing , etc.

We all know that there's plenty of music to pick from .
    Dave should be given a hefty wad of about 20 tunes to work with .
    Let him digest the music and then come up with the seeds for another album's worth of material .

Dave's a genius . He isn't gonna pick any lame stuff to work with , after the reception VH had last year .
    A new album should almost be EASY , considering where they came from over the last two decades ! LOL
    Plus if you believe what Wolf said in his last interview, and I do, Ed is still writing stuff so there would naturally be more than the 35 songs they originally demo'd when they started ADKOT. I dont think it's even possible for Dave and Ed to write a dud of a song together. They are just one of those special songwriting tandems in the history of rock, a la Mick/Keith, Page/Plant...it's a matter of Ed being motivated to want to put the time and effort into another album.

EVH diehard ...
    I really do think there's a wealth of great stuff they could pull from .
    Hell , i bet Wolf has a few more neat ideas too .

The band is so tight musically , that laying down parts in a studio shouldn't be too far fetched .
    After all , they spent those 'quiet years' jamming everyday , right ? LOL

From all accounts the musical seeds are there .
    Let DLR pen a few songs and get on with it !!!

"Get the Show on the Road"
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."