Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Brand new Rolling Stone interview with Dave - Page 12
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PrideofPasadena View Post
    You can also notice in this interview that Dave is not the same guy he once was.When did he ever walk on eggshells? Cuz that's what he did.He doesn't want to lose this gig again!
    Eddie threw Michael Anthony out and loves having his son in, so Dave says, "We have at our fingertips one of the finest tenor voices...Michael Anthony."

Eddie hates anyone who's in two bands. Dave says he's writing songs with John 5 right now.

Eddie says he's writing new material all the time, and Dave says they haven't written a new song in 20 years.

Yes, I see where he was walking on eggshells here.

WTF.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
    Eddie threw Michael Anthony out and loves having his son in, so Dave says, "We have at our fingertips one of the finest tenor voices...Michael Anthony."

Eddie hates anyone who's in two bands. Dave says he's writing songs with John 5 right now.

Eddie says he's writing new material all the time, and Dave says they haven't written a new song in 20 years.

Yes, I see where he was walking on eggshells here.

WTF.
    In the past Dave would've delivered these comments in a much more snarky fashion,and would've gone into more depth on each topic.He was being nice.

Wolf is out doing stuff, I don't see why Dave can't.Ed doesn't seem like he cares as much about that anymore.

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    Yeah, but this kind of behavior is NOTHING NEW! He has been acting like this for decades. I don't think it has anything to do with his surgery. Didn't you read the interview? They haven't written a song together for almost 30 years!

You are putting your head in the sand.
    Careful, dont give yourself a coronary. Relax...breathe in...breathe out. Let's just wait and see where the chips fall.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by PrideofPasadena View Post
    I think everyone is making much of nothing here.All I'm getting out of this is Dave wants to do Van Halen stuff...now! And it's RS, so he has to say something to make a splash.You can also notice in this interview that Dave is not the same guy he once was.When did he ever walk on eggshells? Cuz that's what he did.He doesn't want to lose this gig again!
    Would Dave like Mike in the band? Sure he would,it would be that much bigger if it was a complete reunion.Does that mean he thinks Wolf can't sing? Or he thinks this reunion is a farce? I don't think so.He seemed to have been having a good time with Wolf on stage the past tours.And I'm sure he enjoyed schooling Wolf about his father and Uncle,and VH in general.They just produced a great record with Wolf and had a good tour.Dave would love a Mike reunion, but he's been happy and will be happy without it.

If Dave truely wanted to he coulda made a few records with,whoever,and finished at least one tour already.He wants to tour with VH and make a record.
    Dave knows,if he isn't in VH nobody is gonna care much what he's doing musically.Doesn't matter what 'other' guitarist he records/tours with,if it aint Ed he's back to where he was before....nowhereville.

I don't see work starting on a new record till 2014, if that,but I do believe they tour Japan and maybe Austrailia (if you could call those few dates a tour).

Really,everyone should be hoping this reunion with Dave carries on til the end cuz if Dave's gone,I don't see Ed wanting to continue again with a new singer.If this doesn't work it seems likely that Ed will just end VH for good after that.
    How dare you not completely freak out and lose your mind over an interview where Dave said he wants to work with VH and he and Al are on the same wavelength! You have your head in the sand, PoP!*sarcasm-in case you missed my earlier posts*
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Band Manager

Cool

Wolfie tweeted " No Comment " on his Facebook page. L.O.L.

I just don't see how praising the old bass player in print solidifys the current team atsmophere. Pretty sure Wolf and Ed might be a tad bit miffed about it. Hopefully no big deal. More waiting as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    How dare you not completely freak out and lose your mind over an interview where Dave said he wants to work with VH and he and Al are on the same wavelength! You have your head in the sand, PoP!*sarcasm-in case you missed my earlier posts*
    Keep in mind you're now agreeing with the same guy that said Pete Townshend and Roger Daltrey didn't have stage presence or charisma.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    Careful, dont give yourself a coronary. Relax...breathe in...breathe out. Let's just wait and see where the chips fall.
    I'm fine, if you read my comments, I basically think nothing is going to change.

But I don't think Eddie's behavior is new, or that there has been a lack of action solely because he had surgery, which is what you implied. I'm sure if EVH responds, he is going to claim that he is still in recovery (and Alex might even back him up, publically), but he didn't even write new material for ADKoT, so why are you giving him the benefit of the doubt?

lt's been going on for so long, and you ignore all the past behavior and say, "it's the surgery he had", when clearly this was happening way before his surgery.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    I'm fine, if you read my comments, I basically think nothing is going to change.

But I don't think Eddie's behavior is new, or that there has been a lack of action solely because he had surgery, which is what you implied. I'm sure if EVH responds, he is going to claim that he is still in recovery (and Alex might even back him up, publically), but he didn't even write new material for ADKoT, so why are you giving him the benefit of the doubt?

lt's been going on for so long, and you ignore all the past behavior and say, "it's the surgery he had", when clearly this was happening way before his surgery.
    I would say that it's been this way since about 1978.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Incomudro View Post
    I would say that it's been this way since about 1978.
    Well, Ed was very productive from 78-85.

They recorded, toured, recorded, toured, and i don't think cracks appeared until the fourth record.
    But Ed was still a team player, and doing what the band/management, wanted.

But he's become quite lazy, for a lot of years, now.
    He just sort of sits around, does his demos, then waits around.
    There's no fire in him anymore, something you still see with Page (as far as Page wanting to
    keep Zeppelin alive & current, etc.)

I've never understood Ed's complete "whatever" mindset, as far as their legacy goes.
    He seems unbothered by it all.

What's frustrating is that ADKOT was a killer comeback record.
    But now it feels like Dave is down-playing it, Ed's over it, and no one feels the same.
    I think Roth was selling the album short, because they DID change things, they DID record these
    things, and they DID succeed as a viable band in 2012.

An Eleven Warrior
    Hello all! I stumbled across this article at VHND and wanted to hear the Jump remix. I haven't been able to find it. But I think Dave is just being Dave and has way to much time on his hands and is getting bored. Unfortunately Eddie is lazy and would rather carry around Janie's shopping. I wouldn't be surprised is Reverend Al isn't setting Dave up for a royal fucking. At this point the band is caput. I'll continue to watch the Roth Show on the News Desk, but really there isn't much to talk about. Enjoy!

Doc