Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Brand new Rolling Stone interview with Dave - Page 16
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    See, all these things you mention (like JD did) would have a lot more credibility if he hadn't been displaying this kind of behavior for decades. Yeah, decades (I repeat it so I don't have to offend anyone with caps or bold type). It's nothing new, and that's why I bring up the 30year drought. If he didn't want to make albums and tour etc. then don't tell the other guys that that's what you wanna do. Or at least tell them you have changed your mind. He isn't communicating with Roth, understand? He isn't telling Roth anything, but instead leaving him (and Alex) hanging.
    Remember the story that Ed told re. the MTV on stage reunion where Dave said to Ed (according to Ed); "This isn't about your hip, this is about me!"
    Well, Dave was right.

Edward never seemed to get the concept of theband VH.
    From his complaining about Roth telling them how to dress back in the day, to his thinking about Patty Smythe fronting the band, to him using Haggar to front the band...
    It just goes on and on like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Incomudro View Post
    Remember the story that Ed told re. the MTV on stage reunion where Dave said to Ed (according to Ed); "This isn't about your hip, this is about me!"
    Well, Dave was right.
    Good point there. Ed may have been paraphrasing poorly. Dave didn't necessarily mean "it's all about me," he meant that the mood of the night was celebration, because it's an awards show aimed at a young demographic, and the big news of the evening was that Dave and Eddie were on a stage together again. But Eddie was turning it into a trip to my grandmother's, "Well, this aches, I gotta get to a doctor and check that out, and my friend so-and-so across town fell and broke her toe the other day." It's like if Ed went to NAMM and started talking about his glasses prescription. Not what we're here for!

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
    Good point there. Ed may have been paraphrasing poorly. Dave didn't necessarily mean "it's all about me," he meant that the mood of the night was celebration, because it's an awards show aimed at a young demographic, and the big news of the evening was that Dave and Eddie were on a stage together again. But Eddie was turning it into a trip to my grandmother's, "Well, this aches, I gotta get to a doctor and check that out, and my friend so-and-so across town fell and broke her toe the other day." It's like if Ed went to NAMM and started talking about his glasses prescription. Not what we're here for!
    Yes, exactly!

You said what I was trying to say!

Quote Originally Posted by Incomudro View Post
    Yes, exactly!

You said what I was trying to say!
    I guess you could say Eddie and Dave switched roles that evening.

MTV: "Eddie, tell us how you and Dave got back together."

Eddie: "First I started feeling this stiffness in my hip when I got up in the morning. It would get better as the day went on, but then one night I woke up with this pain down my leg."

Dave: "Eddie, you're rambling! Let's get back on topic!"

Eddie: "You're telling who to do what?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
    I guess you could say Eddie and Dave switched roles that evening.

MTV: "Eddie, tell us how you and Dave got back together."

Eddie: "First I started feeling this stiffness in my hip when I got up in the morning. It would get better as the day went on, but then one night I woke up with this pain down my leg."

Dave: "Eddie, you're rambling! Let's get back on topic!"

Eddie: "You're telling who to do what?!"
    Nice!......................

But can we all agree that after the Japan shows things are gonna get real quiet

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mallonmusic View Post
    But can we all agree that after the Japan shows things are gonna get real quiet
    They have no plans beyond that (get ready for the crickets chirping, again).
    I can't even imagine they will even get through the Japan dates.
    I have an odd feeling that something will suddenly come up (To quote Greg & Marcia Brady).

The bottom line is Ed doesn't do anything, he doesn't want to do.
    If you push him or budge him, he seems to retreat even further into the abyss.

Dave & Al, with their dance remixes, aren't fit to lead Van Halen, either.
    I do not like the direction they want to take VH into ("Floor" really, guys?)
    Save that for a DLR solo album, leave VH out of that.

I had a gnawing feeling that ADKOT was going to be their swan song, and it seems to be.
    I am grateful they went out on a high note, though, at least album wise.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    I have an odd feeling that something will suddenly come up (To quote Greg & Marcia Brady).

I had a gnawing feeling that ADKOT was going to be their swan song, and it seems to be.
    I think they will do the shows, and things will just crawl along. They might not do anything more, but Roth is just gonna have to occupy himself until EVH wants to work. That might be years...

I think Eddie enjoys all this coddling and everyone asking him whats wrong, and acting unsure, having everyone waiting on his decisions, and on and on. Haven't people here had girlfriends, or friends like that? It gives the person validation, and it is also used as a way to control people or get them to acquiesce to the person's demands.
    Talk about "act like a man"....

I will wait until I hear the remix, but I don't think it's a terrible idea, and like I said "Idle hands breed mischief". I think if they had other things going on, they wouldn't be bothering.
    Last edited by 1234over; February 15th, 2013 at 02:33 PM.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post

I hope you're not entirely correct about these predictions !
    Time will tell , but something inside me is saying that VH aren't as 'over' as a lot of people are speculating .

When we try to gauge what Ed is thinking or planning we all lose out and get frustrated .
    Let the parts play out naturally and keep the faith . This band doesn't adhere to ANYONE'S timeline but their own ...
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

EVH diehard ...
    1234over , has made a lot of sensible posts in this thread . I agree with a few things you've said , mainly the 'idle hands' remarks .
    Dave and Al are putzing around with ideas on how to keep the VH brand out there while Ed is in a sort of limbo .

I don't care to hear the dance remixes of classic Halen tunes , but if that's what they wanna do to keep busy ? Who am i to argue ?
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."