Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Brand new Rolling Stone interview with Dave - Page 11
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    No cheer******s allowed!
    That can't be recent, those pictures.

I'm in Boston, there's two feet of snow on the ground, and no one is walking around in short sleeves.

Not a good look for Ed, btw.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Holy shit, the Rugby/Ralph Lauren store is in the Back Bay, which is where i am.

I'm like five minutes, on foot, from that store.

I had to look up what Rugby is. It's a Ralph Lauren store, but the site says they've been closed for awhile, so nope, those aren't recent.

I wonder if the Rugby shop carried striped overalls, or leopard print jackets and leather patch jeans?

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
    I had to look up what Rugby is. It's a Ralph Lauren store, but the site says they've been closed for awhile, so nope, those aren't recent.

I wonder if the Rugby shop carried striped overalls, or leopard print jackets and leather patch jeans?
    Yea Ed has always had his.....look?

Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    Holy shit, the Rugby/Ralph Lauren store is in the Back Bay, which is where i am.

I'm like five minutes, on foot, from that store.
    As UG sits on his computer fighting with people on CVH.com about Ed,,,,,Ed is walking past his house

Now that I think about it, good thing Ed was out shopping for clothes. Looks like he needs `em!

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mallonmusic View Post
    As UG sits on his computer fighting with people on CVH.com about Ed,,,,,Ed is walking past his house
    I know, man!

Shit, i didn't know that store had closed?
    These might have been taken in March, when they toured here last.
    But March is usually pretty cold, though we did get hit with 70 degree weather (in March) one week.

I can't believe those fuckers didn't pop in, and say, "Hello."

No cheer******s allowed!
    Alex: Let's go say "Hi" to Unchained, he's right around the corner.

Eddie: Nah, i'm sure he's busy at work, no need for us to go in there and disrupt his day.

Alex: Yeah, i guess you're right.

Yeah, maybe Ed & Al were taking advantage of some going-out-of-business specials.

http://www.rugby.com/index.html

From Wikipedia: "Rugby Ralph Lauren was an American clothing brand launched in 2004 under the management of parent company Polo Ralph Lauren. The brand specialized in Preppy/Rugby inspired lifestyle apparel for male and female clientele ages 16 through 25."

Band Manager
    I think everyone is making much of nothing here.All I'm getting out of this is Dave wants to do Van Halen stuff...now! And it's RS, so he has to say something to make a splash.You can also notice in this interview that Dave is not the same guy he once was.When did he ever walk on eggshells? Cuz that's what he did.He doesn't want to lose this gig again!
    Would Dave like Mike in the band? Sure he would,it would be that much bigger if it was a complete reunion.Does that mean he thinks Wolf can't sing? Or he thinks this reunion is a farce? I don't think so.He seemed to have been having a good time with Wolf on stage the past tours.And I'm sure he enjoyed schooling Wolf about his father and Uncle,and VH in general.They just produced a great record with Wolf and had a good tour.Dave would love a Mike reunion, but he's been happy and will be happy without it.

If Dave truely wanted to he coulda made a few records with,whoever,and finished at least one tour already.He wants to tour with VH and make a record.
    Dave knows,if he isn't in VH nobody is gonna care much what he's doing musically.Doesn't matter what 'other' guitarist he records/tours with,if it aint Ed he's back to where he was before....nowhereville.

I don't see work starting on a new record till 2014, if that,but I do believe they tour Japan and maybe Austrailia (if you could call those few dates a tour).

Really,everyone should be hoping this reunion with Dave carries on til the end cuz if Dave's gone,I don't see Ed wanting to continue again with a new singer.If this doesn't work it seems likely that Ed will just end VH for good after that.