Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Brand new Rolling Stone interview with Dave - Page 8
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Band Manager
    I think the whole reunion has been like this, but we just haven't heard about it. I expect them to do the tour, then maybe release some of the stuff they supposedly "have in the can", and maybe tour again, etc. It's just all going to take a long time, and Roth will probably do a few projects in between. They aren't going to declare "it's over" because there is no need to. It just simmers. It could simmer for the rest of their lives, or we might get some more stuff at some point. Ultimately, I don't think EVH cares if Roth says this kind of stuff to the press. I don't think this interview changes anything, it is just a glimpse behind the curtain.
    Last edited by 1234over; February 13th, 2013 at 12:15 AM.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    I think the whole reunion has been like this, but we just haven't heard about it. I expect them to do the tour, then maybe release some of the stuff they supposedly "have in the can", and maybe tour again, etc. It's just all going to take a long time, and Roth will probably do a few projects in between. They aren't going to declare "it's over" because there is no need to. It just simmers. It could simmer for the rest of their lives, or we might get some more stuff at some point. Ultimately, I don't think EVH cares if Roth says this kind of stuff to the press. I don't think this interview changes anything, it is just a glimpse behind the curtain.
    Ed just don't care...period!

I know the law, friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mallonmusic View Post
    Well 30 dates since 2007? Wow what a band! Come on this band is running on vapors!
    As I said, I'm used to much more from similarly aged bands, but here's why I was giving VH a pass:
    a. DLR was back in the fold, but EVH was still dealing with alcohol issues in 07/08, and again health issues at the end of last year.
    b. They do not sound like a band running on vapors on the cd or in concert.
    "I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

Quote Originally Posted by cowboydan View Post
    As I said, I'm used to much more from similarly aged bands, but here's why I was giving VH a pass:
    a. DLR was back in the fold, but EVH was still dealing with alcohol issues in 07/08, and again health issues at the end of last year.
    b. They do not sound like a band running on vapors on the cd or in concert.
    True they sounded great! But trust me my one band was a mess and just ready to explode. But during that time we put on some of our best shows and put out our best cd. Years later we now play again when my main band isnt busy but yea that dosent mean there not done.

I know the law, friend.
    Good point. And on that note, I'm gonna go listen to the masterpeice that is VH3

"I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

Quote Originally Posted by cowboydan View Post
    Good point. And on that note, I'm gonna go listen to the masterpeice that is VH3

I hope you make sence some where because it just dosent translate here...???

Yours truly, As Is
    Dave's way of trying to light a fire under Ed's ass, and Al is onboard with Dave, otherwise I dont believe Dave would be namedropping Al about the "Jump" dance remix and including him in wanting to play Coachella and other festivals. Al is a pro's pro who never makes a mistake onstage and is probably frustrated that he hasnt been able to travel and perform more often, although he will NEVER play without Ed. Dave obviously still enjoys performing with VH and he WANTS to write new songs with Ed. I think jumping to any conclusions or absolutes right off the bat, good or bad, is being extremely hasty.

This is a calculated, deliberate move by Dave(and Al), who wants VH to go on. We shall see if it works...
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    Dave's way of trying to light a fire under Ed's ass, and Al is onboard with Dave, otherwise I dont believe Dave would be namedropping Al about the "Jump" dance remix and including him in wanting to play Coachella and other festivals. Al is a pro's pro who never makes a mistake onstage and is probably frustrated that he hasnt been able to travel and perform more often, although he will NEVER play without Ed. Dave obviously still enjoys performing with VH and he WANTS to write new songs with Ed. I think jumping to any conclusions or absolutes right off the bat, good or bad, is being extremely hasty.

This is a calculated, deliberate move by Dave(and Al), who wants VH to go on. We shall see if it works...
    I agree!!!! But i doubt VH will go on...

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by Mallonmusic View Post
    I agree!!!! But i doubt VH will go on...
    Well, many doubted VH would ever play with Dave again, much less release an album with him. I just always choose to stay positive and take a "wait and see..." approach to VH. It has served me well.

Besides, the Golden Goose for bands like VH still lays in touring...and they were a well oiled machine on this last tour.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    Well, many doubted VH would ever play with Dave again, much less release an album with him. I just always choose to stay positive and take a "wait and see..." approach to VH. It has served me well.

Besides, the Golden Goose for bands like VH still lays in touring...and they were a well oiled machine on this last tour.
    Yea but i can't help but think there time is running out.