Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Brand new Rolling Stone interview with Dave
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Dave talks about VH future and....

Roadie

Brand new Rolling Stone interview with Dave

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...uture-20130212

There are a few interesting quotes in this interview. It sounds like Dave wishes VH were doing more, too.

Roadie
    But Ed has his own vision, Iím assuming. We havenít really been able to speak about it and itís a disappointment, just as not having a chance for a reunion of the original band. Clearly, vocals are every bit as much a component of success as a rhythm section or a guitar solo, and thereís an old expression saying, ďThey donít go home singing the lighting show, they donít go home singing the production.Ē Youíre right, they sing my words and my melodies. And what we have at our fingertips is arguably one of the greatest high tenor voices ever Ė that was in Michael Anthony. In our tiny little corner of the universe, that voice is as identifiable as the high voice in Earth, Wind & Fire, as identifiable as the high voice in the Beach Boys.
    Wow... clearly he wanted to keep Michael Anthony in the band.

Band Technician
    At least Dave is talking to Al and he knows how he feels.
    Al is also in agreeance with Dave on the direction of the
    band...so I am sure Ed knows about the conversations.

So it was Al's idea for the "new mash up" or whatever you
    call it for Jump...not Dave's, so we can't go around blaming
    Dave for some of these kooky idea's.

WOW Al can't even get Ed off the couch to get moving

Dawg

Love ya moms......
    If hes waiting on EVH and Wulf to come up with new material then i guess we can expect a new album when? 2016 perhaps?
    Wow these guys are becoming more and more like Boston as far as album releases go.

Love ya moms......
    This bit is true in every sense of the word.
    Dave gets it {life}
    I said, "Then there are folks who have lived much faster and got much farther down the track. Now my wristwatch seems to be moving forward faster and my knees seem to be going slower." Everybody sort of nodded. It's revenge against my wristwatch. And fear that I might not have all the time that I wish I could in order to do what's in my imagination. I don't think what I'm imagining is preposterous. I don't think what I'm imagining is undoable at all. Maybe I'm audacious, but I can't really even smell it. Let's get after this, like Grandma Roth said. I'm furious to beat the clock here. And whether or not I do last to 93, I want to live a life well-lived. And I do it with a sense of humor. I brought up something in an interview with one of the magazines here in Tokyo. I said, "I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." Fighting spirit, Steve-san. It's a goddamn war every day in the music business in one faction or another. I have a taste for that. I like conflict, and I can admit that now. "Come on, let's get after this. Where's the next war, guys?"

I know the law, friend.
    Wow, that is the sound of one frustrated artist. Not good. I don't like the sound of this article at all.
    "I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

I know the law, friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand View Post
    This bit is true in every sense of the word.
    Dave gets it {life}
    I said, "Then there are folks who have lived much faster and got much farther down the track. Now my wristwatch seems to be moving forward faster and my knees seem to be going slower." Everybody sort of nodded. It's revenge against my wristwatch. And fear that I might not have all the time that I wish I could in order to do what's in my imagination. I don't think what I'm imagining is preposterous. I don't think what I'm imagining is undoable at all. Maybe I'm audacious, but I can't really even smell it. Let's get after this, like Grandma Roth said. I'm furious to beat the clock here. And whether or not I do last to 93, I want to live a life well-lived. And I do it with a sense of humor. I brought up something in an interview with one of the magazines here in Tokyo. I said, "I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." Fighting spirit, Steve-san. It's a goddamn war every day in the music business in one faction or another. I have a taste for that. I like conflict, and I can admit that now. "Come on, let's get after this. Where's the next war, guys?"
    Exactly. And it was also a not-so-subtle shot across the bow of EVH.
    "I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

Band Manager
    I think this is a last resort for Roth. He wouldn't do this if he hadn't exhausted other ways to motivate EVH. With Wolf joining another band, the opportunity to bring MA back is there (not that I really care if he is there or not), and it might even be the way Wolf would kinda get across to EVH that he has other things to do.

I don't think EVH is going to do anything differently because of this though, he is passive-aggressive. Next up, a Van Hagar reunion!
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

(Mallon posted this four minutes before dren68 in News, and I responded on that thread.)

Oh, my God, THANK YOU, Mallon, for posting this! THIS is the Dave we've always loved! This may be his best interview ever!

Everyone's going to think I'm nuts (nothing new), but if Alex and Dave are talking, and Dave is making noises he'd like to sing with Mike again...what if they formed a band and called it The Other Three Quarters? What if Alex is talking to Dave and saying, "Dave...I can't defend my brother anymore. He's fucked. Let's do something?"

And the line about why he takes sumo: "(Revenge against ) People who have a whole lot more talent than I do and then threw it away. Sometimes friends of ours have Maserati-style talent and they treat it like a fucking lawn mower.”

Unreal. This is a keeper. Dave is still my goddamn hero!